Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering pressure acts, 1%rs + goal assists, a bad injury occurred late in Q4 on Friday night šŸ™€

View attachment 2048173

Loo seat was broken on Friday night šŸ˜æ

Saturday morning ā€™cat scanā€™

View attachment 2048168

Diagnosis: left patellar tendon tear, six to 12 months recovery šŸ˜æ

Thoughts + prayers, please?
Not enough wine Kitty. You maintained your balance and that is what threw you.

Take care.

4 first qtr goals against Carlton (who were a powerhouse ) round 2 -1980 at Princess Park were better , saw the lot of them , behind the visitors end goals , some lovely theatre from the goal umpires back then , tricky cross breeze blowing , theyd race accross to one goal post , look directly up the goal post , then double back into the centre of the goal square and signal a goal - and then the roar would go up . Featherby allowed for the wind beautifully on each occasion

You have a great memory. As much as I hate the current Ticketmaster, Princess Park back then you had to queue for hours. Then they'd just close the gates down on you, saying the (small) ground was full. A rich Club that treated opposition fans poorly. One of their old fanaticals tried to stab me with a knitting needle. Still loathe them.

Just on the interpretation of the not-15 rule in this game. It will be interesting to see if this a competition-wide change or just a one-off.

I wonder whether the umpires dept occasionally does a review of games in terms of looking at footage and getting actual measurements of the distance of kicks and then tries to implement some corrections to the way its interpreted by umpires, such as highlighting that across the board we're paying 80% of marks at 12m or something.

There's always a bit of a subjective element to it, and oftentimes I think the umps err on the side of letting the mark stand. Also with letting it go when players run more than the allotted distance.

I think Scott was suspicious about it because it was only a week after Collingwood had been picked apart by a short kick-mark style of play. I wish he wouldn't go on about it though.
Always thought it may be better to make it 20 metres then much easier for umpires to adjudicate

Mannagh just has to stay.

While I adore Clark + understand the need to play games, for our future, I recognise Bruhn is crucial to our 2024 + future hopes.

Perhaps sub Clark with some VFL games + rotate with Tuohy, who was off the boil on Friday night. Tuohy needs to be managed. Heā€™s played a terrific role recently, need to play him when heā€™s fresh.

Tuohy got off to a shite start, responsible in a way for errors ending in early Coll goals and us cursing. But since then I've watched a few replays, and concluded that he definitely improved, perhaps he knew he had to steady- he manned up well and his kicking was excellent. In close ground ball encounters, his reflexes seem a bit slower. Maybe Father time on his shoulder, but I reckon they'll still back him. Maybe the whole back half adjusting with the Stewart move?

You have a great memory. As much as I hate the current Ticketmaster, Princess Park back then you had to queue for hours. Then they'd just close the gates down on you, saying the (small) ground was full. A rich Club that treated opposition fans poorly. One of their old fanaticals tried to stab me with a knitting needle. Still loathe them.
Hah

Bruhn 184 cm Clark 181 ?? Not sure why you say this . Is he a vegetarian?
Certainly pretty willing around the ball and a bit of mongrel too.
Edit: probably neither will ever be ā€˜monstersā€™ thoughā€¦
I honestly thought Bruhn was shorter. No idea if he is vegetarian

Why are there so many personal issues going on here ffs? Grow up people and get with the footy.

The odd snipe is ok IMO but there are some consistently really bad vibes on here between some at the moment.
I disagree with and jest about a couple of Horsey's harsh critiques, but it isn't anything beyond that. It's just footy talk, after all. What's got you upset in particular?

Tuohy got off to a shite start, responsible in a way for errors ending in early Coll goals and us cursing. But since then I've watched a few replays, and concluded that he definitely improved, perhaps he knew he had to steady- he manned up well and his kicking was excellent. In close ground ball encounters, his reflexes seem a bit slower. Maybe Father time on his shoulder, but I reckon they'll still back him. Maybe the whole back half adjusting with the Stewart move?
Unfortunately errors stand out more but I reckon he was stuffed by a bounce and just made an error biting off that kick, other than that he was solid. I think heā€™s been better than people give him credit for and has been far better playing off half back again.

Danger was good on SEN, said that at Geelong you earn your place whether youā€™re 18 or 34, if youā€™re delivering you play!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warhorse is just that..... once useful but now outdated but on a more serious note he's bitterness in writings and one for not being prepared to let go, when for all and sundry it all appears (his writings) baseless and clueless, is beyond childish behavior. Personally, I regard the guy as an embarrassment but each to their own.
You really are an insufferable flog

Why are there so many personal issues going on here ffs? Grow up people and get with the footy.

The odd snipe is ok IMO but there are some consistently really bad vibes on here between some at the moment.
It's because they didn't even bother to read or comprehend what I wrote. To busy breathing heavily out of the mouth

Is anyone else getting a little annoyed with JC set shots for goal. Just a little issue given he's getting the ball, BUT, the frequent squeezing of the ball...?? It's certainly NOT helping. He is more accurate with shots on the run.

Is anyone else getting a little annoyed with JC set shots for goal. Just a little issue given he's getting the ball, BUT, the frequent squeezing of the ball...?? It's certainly NOT helping. He is more accurate with shots on the run.
Kind of makes sense,rounding off the pointy ends, but really he would have to do it for about half an hour to make a difference in the shape of a new sherrin.
Commentators were saying that he is trying to ascertain the most even end of the ball to make contact.
What I want to know is why people have to take out their mouth guards to have a shot at goal

True conversation that happened a few weeks ago :
Rabid Richmond fan "Why does Cameron bloody squeeze the ball that way all the time"
Moi : "It activates the internal GPS and connects to the sensors on top of the goals to make the ball go through the middle"
Rabid Richmond : "Hehe but he doesn't always kick goals"
Moi : "Next time he does it...2 squeezes for a goal, 3 squeezes for a behind so it's not so obvious, been a well known fact down at Geelong since Hocking took over"
Rabid Richmond fan : "F.....g cheating campaigners you lot are"

I don't mind the squeezing, but missing shots directly in front doesn't help. Missed an absolute sitter on Friday, those two in the Melbourne game (might've been the difference), and at least one or two other games. He can be a dead-eye dick from the boundary with the snaps, but those drop punts are starting to make me nervy.

Kind of makes sense,rounding off the pointy ends, but really he would have to do it for about half an hour to make a difference in the shape of a new sherrin.
Commentators were saying that he is trying to ascertain the most even end of the ball to make contact.
What I want to know is why people have to take out their mouth guards to have a shot at goal
Somehow I doubt Jezza has a perfect grasp of the physics of air pressure in relation to biomechanics.

I love it. Little habits like ball tampering make great studies in psychology. Itā€™s akin to wearing the lucky jocks or plucking grass, but more believably scientific. Part of the build up to kicking through the sticks mental checklist. You do you Jezza if it works. Mouth guards question very funny cos true! Maybe breathing? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜·

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats triumph by 20 over reigning premiers and put another nail in their season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back