Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there are two possible options here.
If Swans win the flag, he asks for a trade at the end of the year.

If Swans don't win the flag, he stays another year to try for a Sydney flag.

This is what I get, reading between the lines, of Chad's statements.

Sydney Flag, then 2 first for Chad.

I don’t think Freo are much of a chance this year, but it’d be closer to 2 x this years firsts + 1 x future 1st to get it done this year

I think there are two possible options here.
If Swans win the flag, he asks for a trade at the end of the year.

If Swans don't win the flag, he stays another year to try for a Sydney flag.

This is what I get, reading between the lines, of Chad's statements.

Sydney Flag, then 2 first for Chad.

You do realise even if he did hypothetically request a trade this year he is still contracted?

We would not be accepting 3 mid to late first rounders, let alone only 2.

Sydney would keep him to his contract and chase the flag next year (which is worth more than any amount of first rounders).

We have done it before as well Ryan O'Keefe and Papley for example.

You do realise even if he did hypothetically request a trade this year he is still contracted?

Sydney would keep him to his contract and chase the flag next year (which is worth more than any amount of first rounders).

This is correct it would have to be ridiculously lopsided in our favor to let him go this season regardless if we achieve success or not.

I think your bang on unfortunately.

I am of the view that if he wants to come back, he will probably make that request this off season and i also am pretty confident that Sydney will not do a deal which while it will piss me off at the time is more than reasonable.

As you rightly point out i don't think three picks in the 10-20 range would do the job while he is contracted. Uncontracted it would IMO but it wont get the job done at the end of 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how the new rules being introduced about trading for cap space will affect Sydney's ability afford the expected contract demands of Warner & McDonald

They have picks #18 & #19 in this years draft
what would that be worth to a club like West Coast ?

both picks for $2 mil cap space ?

I wonder how the new rules being introduced about trading for cap space will affect Sydney's ability afford the expected contract demands of Warner & McDonald

Last I heard pick purchasing was at least 18 months away due to its “complexity” which was again a quote from Laura Kane.

This hadn't crossed my mind, but I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Chad Warner will see his contract out at Sydney but will not extend.

Speculation Chad Warner (OOC 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back