News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even with all of Wingards shortcomings I would have happily traded Wines well before him.

Yep, should have been one of the few guys who were untouchable.

Other than Gray is the only player with star factor and given their ages Wingard was the most important player on our list of we were going to win a flag in the next few years. Given he he’s gone, Polec gone. And the upcoming retirements it’s pretty hard to see one inside 5 years and which point Dixon, Hartlett, Jonas, Watts, Rockliff, Ebo are all either retired or just about to.

Scary.

He also won us games? He's at least our top 3 mid with Wingard. Going to be a long rebuild.

Yes he did but he was very inconsistent , it's hard to judge because I believe a lot of the problems come from hinkley and now kt , so until they are gone particularly hinkley we have a cap to our success

Polec being seriously over-rated, and Burton seriously under-rated here! I am sad to see Chad go, he could/should have been a great for Port. But we are into his third year of under-achieving, and the curtain has finally fallen!

I will go out on a limb and say that Port will play much better footy, and gel much more as a team than we did with Polec and Wingard in the team. This drama is sad, but will be a wake up call to the rest of the group ... Coasting on talent alone will not be tolerated. Time to step up the ante.

Sounds like Wingard is as weak as piss if he doesn’t take negative criticism as a challenge and instead of proving people wrong decides to spit the dummy.

Everyone else would have been given the same bake after the side fell in a heap after the Melbourne game. Everyone else took it on the chin and set out to rectify the situation by doing extra sessions in the gym to prepare for a gruelling preseason camp.

Not Wingard. No, he threw his dolly against a wall and then went out to try and maximise his dollars, thinking that if he chose a club like Hawthorn, we wouldn’t be able to get him there.

This guy thought that the club was just ****ing with him.

They weren’t ****ing with him.

Guys like this are toxic to the quest for a premiership because for all their talent they believe that somehow affords them special treatment. Well, the club gave him special treatment, and at no time did he respond. He didn’t even meet the club half way.

**** him. The petulant little shit.

Was it round 6 he got told by Ken to beat his goal drought that he just needs to tackle more. Get a few more tackles and the goals will come.

Surely this was the last straw in Chads head about the direction this teams going. It would have been nice to see him and Polec under a new coach, one who attacks and lets them play. Oh well out clubs just decided go back the wrong horses wishes in again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec being seriously over-rated, and Burton seriously under-rated here! I am sad to see Chad go, he could/should have been a great for Port. But we are into his third year of under-achieving, and the curtain has finally fallen!

I will go out on a limb and say that Port will play much better footy, and gel much more as a team than we did with Polec and Wingard in the team. This drama is sad, but will be a wake up call to the rest of the group ... Coasting on talent alone will not be tolerated. Time to step up the ante.

Third year of underachieving? Ken Hinkley is in his ****ing 4th year of underachieving and what does he get? Bloody extensions and that's after using Gold Coast as leverage for a better deal. Now all of the sudden we're meant to take Port seriously with all this shit

Last edited:
Sounds like Wingard is as weak as piss if he doesn’t take negative criticism as a challenge and instead of proving people wrong decides to spit the dummy.

Everyone else would have been given the same bake after the side fell in a heap after the Melbourne game. Everyone else took it on the chin and set out to rectify the situation by doing extra sessions in the gym to prepare for a gruelling preseason camp.

Not Wingard. No, he threw his dolly against a wall and then went out to try and maximise his dollars, thinking that if he chose a club like Hawthorn, we wouldn’t be able to get him there.

This guy thought that the club was just ******* with him.

They weren’t ******* with him.

Guys like this are toxic to the quest for a premiership because for all their talent they believe that somehow affords them special treatment. Well, the club gave him special treatment, and at no time did he respond. He didn’t even meet the club half way.

Oh seriously......the same club who butchered a coaches contract extension because the Gold Coast were sniffing around.....the bloody Gold Coast, we got scared by the Gold Coast that says it all about the club we have at the moment.......while I agree Chad hasn't covered himself in glory through out it all, don't dare give the club and our hierarchy a pass here. They have as much to answer for here as Chad does.

I hope one day the truth of what's unfolded here comes out to us members, Ken won't give it, as Choco has said the media won't ever press him hard enough, nor would he answer it.

It's going to be a long road back here for the club to recover the members faith. Reading the reaction of many members and talking to a lot of them, the bar for 2019 and beyond is set very low at the moment. It may not matter what picks we have in the draft also, for every Fyfe, Robbie Gray picked up, there is a Andrew Moore, John Butcher picked up as well. The draft isn't the gold laden path also.

This guy thought that the club was just ******* with him.
They weren’t ******* with him.

Pretty much what Kane Cornes said on "The Trade Table" tonight. Didn't use the ******'s and the anglo-saxon words but the same idea was there.

Was it round 6 he got told by Ken to beat his goal drought that he just needs to tackle more. Get a few more tackles and the goals will come.

Surely this was the last straw in Chads head about the direction this teams going. It would have been nice to see him and Polec under a new coach, one who attacks and lets them play. Oh well out clubs just decided go back the wrong horses wishes in again.

The prescription was to concentrate on the things he could control in order to help the team. One of which was to focus on applying forward pressure, which would result in more inside 50 entries and locking the ball into the forward line. Which, you know, ****ing helps create more opportunities to kick goals.

It is bullshit. A total smokescreen.

Ken Hinkley and his band of merry men, KT and Koch have Choco'd the joint. It'll be a long recovery, one that won't even begin until all three are gone.

I ******* hope we nail these picks because if we don't, we won't see a premiership within a decade.
So what's the actual story here? We are about to lose two players who didn't want to leave, and would be in our top 5 easily after this season.

Something stinks and I feel it's about to get a lot worse before it gets better.

It is bullshit. A total smokescreen.

Ken Hinkley and his band of merry men, KT and Koch have Choco'd the joint. It'll be a long recovery, one that won't even begin until all three are gone.

I ******* hope we nail these picks because if we don't, we won't see a premiership within a decade.
200w.gif The bloody 3 stooges is what they remind me of.

"If I was asked why Port Adelaide was so successful in the 1950's and 1960's, I would offer this blueprint," said Williams who still has notebooks and papers from his 28 year coaching career.

• We planned it
  • We made the players extra fit, fitter than our rivals
  • We made the players see themselves as the best ever
  • We practised as we would play
  • We showed that to stop the opposition it was vital that each player was alert, rested and could beat his opponent with speed and strength
  • We demanded every player back up his team mate
  • We strived as a team, not as individuals
  • We made decisions in the best interest of our club and our team and never wavered
  • We did not tolerate whinging or jealousies; the club's decision was final
  • We shared our fortunes, good and bad
  • We are family, a happy family
  • We recognised we owed our fans for their support
  • We didn't care what we were called on the field
  • We acknowledged it was "them versus us"

"We sold this philosophy to the players and there was no one among us who thought the game was not worth the sacrifice," said Williams, who always led by example. "No one. We were all dedicated to being the best football club seen."

Yet people are whinging about trading a guy who would rather sit in his room playing Fortnite, turns up to preseason overweight, has poor body composition so he can’t run our games, doesn’t do extra sessions, rocks up to training last, ****s around while he’s there, and acts like the biggest prima donna on the field.

A guy who didn’t want to sacrifice for the game.

You campaigners talk about being Port Adelaide. This is what the true Port Adelaide would do to Chad Wingard.

So what's the actual story here? We are about to lose two players who didn't want to leave, and would be in our top 5 easily after this season.

Something stinks and I feel it's about to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The decision to actively manage two players of such high quality out of the club in the prime of their careers is just nonsensical and incomprehensible.

The ridiculous attempt to justify the Wingard trade by saying he himself decided to explore his options and was looking to leave as a free agent next year was weak and pathetic. I can't believe so many of our supporters actually bought that rubbish.

And just who will be accountable if this all goes to shit? Who will be accountable if Wingard and Polec go on to star at their respective clubs for the next half decade or more? Who will be accountable if Burton and pick whatever don't measure up to what Wingard would have brought to the table? Who will be accountable if we drop to 14th next year on the back of losing our two best ball users? I think we all know the answer to these questions.

Trade week threads move so quick my small brain can’t handle reading every page. Have to skip 5 pages, see if anything happens. Sees a melt about something, has to go back 3 pages to find the original post, was nothing interesting, skip 5 pages hoping we’ve made a massive move, no still nothing... oh wait someone mentioned something, go back 3 pages to find out what it was....

Surely I’m not the only one that does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back