WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I see Champion Data has released a farcical article relating to what they deem to be the "elite" players of the competition. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been a Fremantle supporter for 26 years, and I love our players dearly, but surely my complaint is not fully grounded in supporter bias?!! How, in any form of reality, is Sam Collins deemed to be an elite defender, whilst Luke Ryan is not?!! Now Sam Collins has grown to be an exceptional player, but let's just cast our eye over Luke's statistics for the 2020 Home-and-Away season, shall we?

[TD valign="middle"]
2020 Statistical Rankings​
â—Ź Ranked 12th in Total Metres Gained â—Ź Ranked 2nd in Total Intercepts
â—Ź Ranked 3rd in Kicks Per Game â—Ź Ranked 1st in Rebound 50s Per Game
â—Ź Ranked 15th in Effective Disposals % Per Game â—Ź Ranked 8th in Metres Gained Per Game
â—Ź Ranked 1st in Intercepts Per Game â—Ź Ranked 9th in Total Kicks
â—Ź Ranked 19th in Total Marks â—Ź Ranked 1st in Total Rebound 50s
[/TD]

Couple these with the fact he was selected in the All Australian Team AND won the club's Best and Fairest award... if that's not elite, I don't know what is!!

Oscar Allen could not make the AFLs 22under22.

Plenty of upside, elite not yet.

Last edited:

Champion Data are an embarrassment to themselves with their take on the game, with the elite player ratings an excellent example of this.

They're as bad as the "Top 30 Players" or "Top 50 Players" that some of these experts come up with.

At least journos acknowledge it is their top 30/whatever.

The problem with Champion Data is that people read their data and use it for whatever reason. Stop doing that and the problem will disappear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my team hard done by, another team unfairly looked after

But I'm not biased at all
Did I say another team was looked after at all in my post? Was my point about my team? No, it was about a singular player, that just happens to be a member of the team I support. As an aside, I totally agree with the poster who mentioned Cameron Guthrie's exclusion as being bizarre. Get a clue!

Champion Data.

Richmond trolls.

No Dylan Grimes,(AFL’s best defender) listed.

Mason Cox an example.

Very pro Collingwood.

#wearechampiondatasgrandfinal

I think we can all ignore Chump Data and have a little laugh to ourselves.

Last edited:
Can someone come up with any statistical evidence that Oscar Allen is somehow an elite player at this stage of his career.

They use a heap of proprietary stats we're not allowed to know about and could never understand anyway.
Just by looking at many of the players named in the elite bracket, we can work backwards without needing to know nor understand said proprietary stats and safely arrive at the conclusion that the method they’re using is clownery of the highest order.

Sportsbet finally came up with a good one
73d59ef4ed47ed22283742030ab99e8d.jpg

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Champion Data are an embarrassment to themselves with their take on the game, with the elite player ratings an excellent example of this.

They're as bad as the "Top 30 Players" or "Top 50 Players" that some of these experts come up with.

I gey sick of hearing my mates talk about SuperCoach as opposed to the actual football.

Sometimes it's I don't care about this player as they're no good for SuperCoach.

Not having Guthrie as elite after his season last year is an embarrassment.....All Australian & BnF in a Grand Final team.

One of the most overrated seasons in recent memory, with season-best games against 18th placed Adelaide, 17th best North Melbourne, and 12th placed Fremantle.

Then predictably went on to shit the bed in finals.

Giant front runner.

One of the most overrated seasons in recent memory, with season-best games against 18th placed Adelaide, 17th best North Melbourne, and 12th placed Fremantle.

Then predictably went on to sh*t the bed in finals.

Giant front runner.
All I see here is giant front runner, which of course is an accurate description of your recruits in Saad & Williams. 👍.......Anything else to do with finals etc you’d have no idea about clearly, because since paper bags were outlawed your club has collected only spoons. 👍👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion Data's assessment of "elite" players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back