Unofficial Preview Changes and discussion Qualifying Final @ ? v Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think separating the top 5 clubs is marginal. Melbourne deserve to be favourites. Geelong can be brilliant. Port and us are in form. And the Dogs have the sort of midfield which could win finals.

In terms of reasons why teams can't win, the Dees' scoring remains problematic, Geelong are too hit and miss, Port's form against the best sides is below average, we've not really beaten anyone of substance recently and the Dogs are clearly out of form.

This might be a year where the next dominant side emerges (eg Richmond 2017) or it could be a "gap" year where a side wins the flag a bit unexpectedly (Dogs 2016). I feel like the uncertainty is good for us as it means we will neither see ourselves as the young challengers nor as the flag favourites.

I'm not sure where we'd be without Daniher this year tbh.

It's a whole lot easier for everyone else in the forward line having him there. Ask McStay.
Hard to argue that we are not a better team with him in it.

I think separating the top 5 clubs is marginal. Melbourne deserve to be favourites. Geelong can be brilliant. Port and us are in form. And the Dogs have the sort of midfield which could win finals.

In terms of reasons why teams can't win, the Dees' scoring remains problematic, Geelong are too hit and miss, Port's form against the best sides is below average, we've not really beaten anyone of substance recently and the Dogs are clearly out of form.

This might be a year where the next dominant side emerges (eg Richmond 2017) or it could be a "gap" year where a side wins the flag a bit unexpectedly (Dogs 2016). I feel like the uncertainty is good for us as it means we will neither see ourselves as the young challengers nor as the flag favourites.
This week is the biggest game for our club and our development in a long time. Melbourne are the best team overall imo. Lose and we go up against the Dogs. Win and we're straight into a Prelim on our own deck against someone from the Geelong/PA side of the draw.

This is a big big game . Let's hope the really good Melbourne doesn't turn up. Or at least we play our best.

Birchall not getting dropped. His strengths are experience, experience and experience. And supposedly kicking, but more realistically, experience.

If we were going to drop Birch, it'd have been months ago. If we've played him this long, he's got a free run through the finals. It's actually the most useful time to have a old head who has been there several times before.

Birchall not getting dropped. His strengths are experience, experience and experience. And supposedly kicking, but more realistically, experience.

If we were going to drop Birch, it'd have been months ago. If we've played him this long, he's got a free run through the finals. It's actually the most useful time to have a old head who has been there several times before.
Let's see.

Going to be a meltathon special if he starts coughing it up .

Funny thing ,I thought I was the only one who wanted him in when he kept copping it a few weeks ago. Now that I'm happy for him go gracefully all these Birch admirers have come out of the woodwork.

Maybe he's got a couple of good games left in him. Fingers crossed.

I don’t think Fagin will change any more than he has to. My concerns are that Melbourne are a fast break away side and their speed, not their long kicking, will be our biggest problem, also Gawn is in good form and will be a major threat and I don’t think Fullerton is ready to stop him, I would prefer Archie Smith for his size. I feel against Melbourne our fwds and mids are better, our weakness is in defence

Nah mate, that ship has sailed.......we're stuck with him now. Once we decided to sign him we cut off all other avenues that were open to us. I've said before that we should have looked and saved our money for another onballer. I thought Andrews would be a great FF and together with Rayner(at the time)would be a tough match up for any defence. Moving Andrews out would open the door to developing the full extent of his skill. It would also allow us to use Gardiner, Adams and Payne as our 3 tall defenders. We also thought we were getting a second ruck with Joe but now we have to use Fullarton, (who isn't really ready) to cover for Joes terrible ruck efforts and lack of pressure.
So along with not wanting JD, you want to move the best intercept marker in the game to the forward line. Im dumbfounded but kudos for sticking to your guns. We all see the game different but thinking your the only one who sees it this way.

Does Fagin go with his heart or his head, against Melbourne Lester Birchell and Rich are too slow ,we can’t play them all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we met Melbourne it was a game of two halves and they overrun us
Assuming Robbo & Andrews return below are some player changes from that game compared to last weeks side v Eagles
Jo Danaher did the ruck duties that day. Prior & Coleman also played that day.
Neale first game back from injury

Melb Game.. - WCE Game

Eric Hipwood.. - Fullarton
Dev Robinson. - J Berry
Mitch Robinson - Cockatoo
Harris Andrews - Gardiner

I don’t think Fagin will change any more than he has to. My concerns are that Melbourne are a fast break away side and their speed, not their long kicking, will be our biggest problem, also Gawn is in good form and will be a major threat and I don’t think Fullerton is ready to stop him, I would prefer Archie Smith for his size. I feel against Melbourne our fwds and mids are better, our weakness is in defence
Does Fagin go with his heart or his head, against Melbourne Lester Birchell and Rich are too slow ,we can’t play them all
Can you at least spell our coach’s name correctly please.

Time for Richy to have a rest, swing Harris forward, put Payne in the ruck, McStay goes back and for good measure Charlie as a small defender on Pickett, otherwise we have no chance.

How is travel still restricted between Brisbane and SA? This is madness.

And Anna saying even when 80% vaccination is reached she may still keep us isolated is right up there as well.

Reality check is however/whatever the source of this virus, it's here to stay.

We are all going to get it many times, and hopefully the vaccinations are going to limit damaged. Our bodies will eventually learn how to manage it.

Its only been the last maybe forty years where we in western societies with privileged medical systems, that include vaccines, have lived free from fear of dying from nasty viruses. I remember people with polio complications living around me, there were a few kids who died from measles and whopping cough.

Being human means risking dying. I'll do what I can to limit that risk by getting vaccinated and wearing masks in public when there are outbreaks, but we have to keep living.

Let's see.

Going to be a meltathon special if he starts coughing it up .

Funny thing ,I thought I was the only one who wanted him in when he kept copping it a few weeks ago. Now that I'm happy for him go gracefully all these Birch admirers have come out of the woodwork.

Maybe he's got a couple of good games left in him. Fingers crossed.
Never said I was admiring him. Personally, I'd have pushed games into Madden over Birch most of the year. That said, no way I'm dropping an experienced multi-premiership player for Madden now. Like him or not, this is when Birch is most valuable to us. Wont get overawed. Will hold up play if we are getting ahead of ourselves. Can calm a few younger guns who aren't used to finals footy.

This week is the biggest game for our club and our development in a long time. Melbourne are the best team overall imo. Lose and we go up against the Dogs. Win and we're straight into a Prelim on our own deck against someone from the Geelong/PA side of the draw.

This is a big big game . Let's hope the really good Melbourne doesn't turn up. Or at least we play our best.

Melbourne winning last round has worked out perfectly for us. I rate them as top team this season as well so coming up against them in QF helps, since there is a second chance. Beat them here and we won't face them till Grand final.

If we lose, we will end up non-Sydney (whom I think we struggle to play against) side of the draw which works too. I think we can take care of Dogs or Essendon at Gabba and Port or Geelong in a prelim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back