Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney should get a week for the swinging arm to the face of Webster (although Jimmy deserves that & more)
Watch him not even have a case to answer for, being a Brownlow fancy & playing for the AFL darlings.
I'd prefer to shake his hand, give him a medal, and buy him a beer.

l think with our forward line up from the last few weeks the only player that worries me is Blakey with his run and carry from the backline as l dont know who can run with him and curb his influence over a whole game...Ford is the only one to come to mind who's playing forward.

l think with our forward line up from the last few weeks the only player that worries me is Blakey with his run and carry from the backline as l dont know who can run with him and curb his influence over a whole game...Ford is the only one to come to mind who's playing forward.
It'd be worth giving Dawson a shot at him I reckon. He has wheels and can read the play well.

Regardless of what the changes are Sydney are notoriously poor starters. We need a very good first quarter if we're to give ourselves any chance of winning this.

Regardless of what the changes are Sydney are notoriously poor starters. We need a very good first quarter if we're to give ourselves any chance of winning this.
I’d love to see a breakdown of scores between 0-15mins of quarters compared with 15+.

I’d say we’d be close to leading the former, and obliterated in the latter

Can we tag Rowbottom?

Tag the tagger?

Rowbottom isn't a hard tagger, but very much in the Elliot Yeo category of 6-7 years ago.

Will be accountable around stoppage and has taken a lot of big scalps this year.

Will be LDU's toughest test this year imo.

It's likely James Jordan tags Sheezel also.

Lucky GW is back.

I hope the boys believe! The swans are the best in the comp. no reason as to why we can’t be competitive, in fact being competitive should be a given .. Anything else is a massive bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tag the tagger?

Rowbottom isn't a hard tagger, but very much in the Elliot Yeo category of 6-7 years ago.

Will be accountable around stoppage and has taken a lot of big scalps this year.

Will be LDU's toughest test this year imo.

It's likely James Jordan tags Sheezel also.

Lucky GW is back.
Move em around otherwise Rowbottom might get on top of him

Defensive winger? One plays nearly every game. Very different to a hard tag in the middle.
What are you on about.

Shiels played on Josh Daicos a few weeks ago and did a great job. He's the perfect candidate for Gulden.

And Phillips to Warner makes all the sense in the world. Go back and read my post.

What are you on about.

Shiels played on Josh Daicos a few weeks ago and did a great job. He's the perfect candidate for Gulden.

And Phillips to Warner makes all the sense in the world. Go back and read my post.
We won on the weekend without tagging. Let our young group go at them and learn. Win, lose or draw, makes more sense to me then trying to negate their third or fourth best player.

The main question, I assume, at the selection table will be deciding whether to change up a well functioning backline by bringing Logue in. It’s going to happen at some stage, isn’t it? So, there is a good argument to make the change sooner rather than later, you’d reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back