Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok do that and find positions to replace the guys you're taking out. Probably not as easy as it seems.

Maxwell and Clarke out is an easy one. I said pre-game we carried too many defenders in the side and this was the case. Brown, Langdon, Toovey, Sinclair, Keeffe and Williams is plenty. We had nothing that resembled a forward line on paper. Fasolo and Dwyer instant inclusions improves this area.

Frost for Keeffe is like for like.

Witts for White is like for like.

Reid for Goldsack.

Blair for Macaffer.

JT for Lumumba.

Really?

After Clokes performance tonight we need Reid in the forward line desperately.
Like I said, you could have ANYONE down there and they'd still have to contend with three opponents and balls bombed on their head.

Out: Clarke, Maxwell, Goldsack, Witts

In: Armstrong, Keeffe, Reid, White

In; Reid, White, Keeffe, Fasolo, Blair, Dwyer

Out; Clarke, Witts, Goldsack, Frost, Elliott/Kennedy

Josh Thomas may push for inclusion after 2 hitouts, but I reckon he'll need one more (VFL round 1 same weekend as Swans game).

Like I said, you could have ANYONE down there and they'd still have to contend with three opponents and balls bombed on their head.
Nah when there is at least 2 focal points in the forward line,Cloke will look and play way better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Witts, Clarke, Goldsack
IN: Reid, White, Blair

Blair with 2 VFL games under his belt must come back into the side.... he is severely underrated on this board, and we could have really used his clean hands at ground level in what was one of the most fumbly team displays i have ever seen.

Goldsack looked underdone, and Witts looked out of his depth and Clarke should never play again. Bringing in White and Reid makes our forward line look completely different, and while we wouldn't have won with those two playing, the game would have been a lot different.

Only bright sides out of tonight were Tom Langdon, and the fact we have a lot of players to come back including; Dwyer, Seedsman and Josh Thomas.

OUT:
-Clarke, no where near AFL standard. Soft, terrible disposal and slow.

-Witts, needs time.

-Goldsack, I love the sack but he's underdone.

IN:
Reid, White and Dwyer

OUT:
Witts - still can't compete in the air (doesn't leave the ground), and honestly just isn't physically up to it yet
Goldsack - I just don't know where he's going to fit in, didn't do enough and wasted his chances when he had them
Langdon - We will need height against the Swans, horses for courses

OUT AND NEVER TO PLAY AGAIN:
Clarke - I'm sorry, as someone who loved Clarke circa 2008, he can never play another game for us. Ever. Tony Armstrong would be better.

IN:
White - No brainer, need him as a foil for Cloke so he isn't getting triple teamed
Reid - No brainer, needed for flexibility
Fasolo/Blair/Dwyer - Pick one, need their attack oriented midfield presence/HF role
Keefe - For Tippett/Franklin/Reid/Resting Ruck depending on how they rotate

I genuinely think we're a 10 goal better team with White and Reid in it, they take the focus off Cloke and more balls will land to the feet of Elliott, Dwyer, Kennedy, etc. Cloke never had less than 2 defenders bear hugging him all night tonight, take that away and we're a lot better off.

Out:
Witts
Clarke
Goldsack

In:
White
Reid
Dwyer

Would also like to put Blair in but not sure who for

Prediction: We will be much, much more competitive.

With a possible forward line of Tippett, Buddy, Reid. I would be happy with a back line of Keeffe, Brown and Frost (Reid as a back up).

Outs: Clarke, Witts, Goldsack,
Ins: Keeffe, Reid and White

Kee
Maxwell and Clarke out is an easy one. I said pre-game we carried too many defenders in the side and this was the case. Brown, Langdon, Toovey, Sinclair, Keeffe and Williams is plenty. We had nothing that resembled a forward line on paper. Fasolo and Dwyer instant inclusions improves this area.

Frost for Keeffe is like for like.

Witts for White is like for like.

Reid for Goldsack.

Blair for Macaffer.

JT for Lumumba.
keefe and Wiliams didn't play..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back