Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we keep fas forward/mid and leave him there. After some thought given I was on the fas to backline bandwagon. I think if we did that we would just have too many coming through and not enough good users in the mid/forward lines.

Scharenberg, oxley, Ramsay, Langdon, Sinclair, (Marley).

The fwd line....
Kennedy, Fasolo, Elliott, Martin.

Fasolo is clearly the best user out of those 4. I think he needs to stay fwd of the ball.

I think we keep fas forward/mid and leave him there. After some thought given I was on the fas to backline bandwagon. I think if we did that we would just have too many coming through and not enough good users in the mid/forward lines.

Scharenberg, oxley, Ramsay, Langdon, Sinclair, (Marley).

The fwd line....
Kennedy, Fasolo, Elliott, Martin.

Fasolo is clearly the best user out of those 4. I think he needs to stay fwd of the ball.
I agree, Fasolo needs to be forward of the ball. He kept getting caught in no mans land when playing defence.

PLAY BLAIR AND FASOLO AS FORWARDS WITH ELLIOT, SO WE CAN HAVE SOMEONE AT CLOKES FEET FOR ONCE. also give kennedy a full game and drop clarke, goldsack, frost, caff, witts... Id drop adams if he didn't sound so excited to play for us pre game

Agree with all except goldsack. Always plays well when you don't expect it and never really has two bad games in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Possible ins" = Dwyer, Lynch, Blair, Fasolo, Thomas, Martin (needs to be promoted?)

Yep, but there's no room for him. Frost took the only available LTI vacancy (although given how long Seedsman, Freeman, Oxley and Broomhead have all been out for since their injuries, we may as well have LTI-listed them).

And of course, a place just had to be made on the senior list for Tony Armstrong...:mad:

I know he's not popular around here, but does anyone have any idea how Tony Armstrong went in the VFL last week? Was he solid in any degree? We did keep them to quite a low score.

A bunch of witches hats could keep bendigo gold to a low score
How are Bendigo Gold still running around in the VFL? Unless this is like the Pre-Season competition in the 1980s, when they played teams from interstate competitions.....Damn. Bendigo really are crap :drunk:

Just curious, due to lack of attention, what is the big deal about Tony Armstrong, and why all the hostility towards this fine indigenous man? He could be the next Neon Leon, or perhaps Bradley Dick ;)

Additionally, I would love to point out that summations herein about a small group of crumbers around Cloke, Reid and White is a sound idea. Perhaps if we put Elliot, Fasolo and Blair into Cloke's pockets, and they instantly jump out when a mark is spoiled, they will take Cloke's taggers by surprise, and we might be able to use Cloke as a spare man in attack? Goodness, imagine Cloke running around free, thirty meters from the big sticks. That is a lot of, in the words of Reginald Hunt, "hay diddle diddle". It may also turn out to be a lot of "wilber post".

But seriously, need Reid and White back this week. I just realized, if you take the 'i' from the equation, you end up with "Red" and "White". So we might be able to cheer cheer to our own forward line, and let that catchy tune motivate the boys to victory.

I am still flabbergasted as to why Frosty played, being out of inexperience more than lack of ability. I think the whole back line got carved up, and the drop off in defensive effort for the last three quarters needs to be looked at. I posted somewhere else that, it is not Bucks, nor the team turning out on Friday last, but rather just a few players back in, and re-jigging of the positions, and we should take corridor attacking footy to the next level.

There is hope if you look at the Geelong game from the first NAB challenge encounter.

Jim

Last years form was the one redeeming aspect with Eliott and the one I was juggling with. The deformity up forward wasn't such an issue IMO I just don't think he worked hard enough to get in the game. JT got a gig for mine based on last year and his cleanliness in tight.

Between them two, Scharanberg, Seedsman, Oxley and Langdon I know people are down on our skill out of the back half ATM, but it will turn around quick.

FWIW on Fasolo his performance yesterday reminded me so much of what Burgoyne does for Hawthorn. Whenever the ball went in his area he made the right decisions, no one could tackle him and he brought others into the game. He has a lot of ground to make up on Burgoyne, but that's what I'd be aiming for.

Burgoyne has a fair bit of pace over the Faz but I get your going with the comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon yags can still be a player in time.

He's running out of time, however he seems to be making some ground.

For instance I can't justify keeping both he and Armstrong in 2015 and if it's one or the other then ATM I'm choosing Yagmoor because he at least attempts to do damage by foot and seems to have actually put on some size.

Yep, but there's no room for him. Frost took the only available LTI vacancy (although given how long Seedsman, Freeman, Oxley and Broomhead have all been out for since their injuries, we may as well have LTI-listed them).

As it stands ATM MB the players noted are between 2- 3 weeks from returning (maybe sooner, maybe later). Placing them on the LTI would mean a minimum 8 - 9 weeks out of both the Afl and VFL system. Therefor if their recovery period is quicker than expected we run the risk of having players sitting out games when in need of a run.

What frustrates me a lot as a Collingwood fan the past few years is that it seems we only get motivated when the media smashes as the whole week after we lose. We then come out and have a big win done it against the Cats and Blues last year when no one thought we had a chance. I am assuming that's what will happen against the Swans. Surely there is some passion and hunger with in the group to come out and make amends for the round 1 loss and if there isn't and we get smashed again it could be panic times after round 2.

3 worst tonight.
Clarke
Maxwell
Goldsack

They had company. Doesn't mean they need to be demoted week after week. It will make no difference.

Reid and White are in the best 22. Anyone else that didn't play tonight is subjective to that at the moment.

Actually think Clarke had more impact in 3 quarters than Sidebottom did over 4, that said, Sidebottom unlikely to be dropped.

Out: Clarke, Maxwell, Goldsack
In: Reid, White, Dwyer

B: Sinclair Brown Toovey
HB: Reid Frost Langdon
C: Beams Macaffer Lumumba
HF: White Cloke Elliott
F: Sidebottom Witts Kennedy
R: Grundy Pendlebaury Swan
I: Adams Ball Young Dwyer (sub)

Emergencies: Fasolo, Keeffe, Clarke.

Blair and Thomas need regain match fitness in the VFL after an interupted preseaon. Keeffe had a reasonable game in the VFL apparently but can't see him dislodging Brown and Frost.

Actually think Clarke had more impact in 3 quarters than Sidebottom did over 4, that said, Sidebottom unlikely to be dropped.

Out: Clarke, Maxwell, Goldsack
In: Reid, White, Dwyer

B: Sinclair Brown Toovey
HB: Reid Frost Langdon
C: Beams Macaffer Lumumba
HF: White Cloke Elliott
F: Sidebottom Witts Kennedy
R: Grundy Pendlebaury Swan
I: Adams Ball Young Dwyer (sub)

Emergencies: Fasolo, Keeffe, Clarke.

Blair and Thomas need regain match fitness in the VFL after an interupted preseaon. Keeffe had a reasonable game in the VFL apparently but can't see him dislodging Brown and Frost.
Only reason Maxwell survives is because it's his 200th unfortunately.

What frustrates me a lot as a Collingwood fan the past few years is that it seems we only get motivated when the media smashes as the whole week after we lose. We then come out and have a big win done it against the Cats and Blues last year when no one thought we had a chance. I am assuming that's what will happen against the Swans. Surely there is some passion and hunger with in the group to come out and make amends for the round 1 loss and if there isn't and we get smashed again it could be panic times after round 2.
Showing them the ladder should motivate them.

If Sidebottom had kicked 3.0 instead of 0.3, the assessment of his game would be very different. He is being unjustly criticized. His goal kicking is the only thing from this game that should be under question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and Prematch Discussion Round 2: Sydney Swans (ANZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back