Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

JZ should stay forward so there's movement in that F50. We desperately need him to. I wanna see some dangerous movement and guys running patterns.

The Undroppable Kayne Turner! :straining:

This week we should really look to stretch Carlton defensively. We know they are usually well on top in the middle, but they have injuries and niggles. Have to stretch their backline at least.

Above all, gotta be switched on.

So your happy with the output of Turner, Scott, Young and Mahony in the last few weeks?

Thank god they finally omitted Atu.
Scott has been ok

Young had been ok in his role we spoke about, I would not expect him playing best 22 all year..but for now

Turner you have a case and would be on the precipice

Mahoney is out of form I agree.

But I’ve typed else’s my thoughts on Powell he’s been just as poor in the limited afl time he has had and doesn’t really have a secondary possie If one of the above were mids he probably would replace one.

Bergman again is close had he had a good game in the vfl he’d probably earn a spot again over one of the 4.

Apart from that no one is really near breaking into the side.

It sucks but it’s true. When hall comes back miller ticks off those little bits, Powell gets back to his best your mates will end up in the vfl. Also as a team our tank has been poor perhaps that’s what we want from Tom if we bring him in we need to increase our run

It could even be the staggering of bringing players in Perez a while ago, Curtis last week, maybe Bergman next week, Goater a month from now. Powell/Phillips when they are right. It’s probably conservative but pretty logical

Looks a better balanced team, both Walker and Corr with McKay is too much. Will be interesting to see how they stand up without the later. Forward line looks to have some wheels with both Stevo and TT handy around goals and great at high HF roles. Better balance in ruck with CCJ at least having a clue in the forward half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only fool they seem to be fooling with the team sheet is you

JZ will stay forward
Righto mate, more basing it off the fact that we are losing 2 defenders and have only brought in 1 that I hope the re-structure from last week doesn't involve Ziebell going back.

Righto mate, more basing it off the fact that we are losing 2 defenders and have only brought in 1 that I hope the re-structure from last week doesn't involve Ziebell going back.
Half our team can play back for instance Scott is named on the wing, but he will play defence. And when I say play defence I mean be a witches hat

Bonar defence
Walker
Young
Corr
Turner
Mcdonald/Perez

Got rid of 1 spud in atu

Still have Mahony and Scott to replace
Enter Phillips and Powell next week
Your posts would be much more tolerable if you could just hold back a bit on the sledging of players and the repetitiveness.

Bergman debuting as a sub it seems.
That’s shit.

Changes as expected. Atu was always going to be the collateral damage.

I fully expect McKay, Powell, Phillips, Comben and Jed to come in next week.
Not sure about collateral. 3 consecutive games and I personally don't think he's done too well. Much prefer him getting 3 in a row than just the 1, so I'm glad Noble wasn't too reactive and I'd argue his dismissal from the 22 this week is merited. Although there are a couple of others who could consider themselves lucky it wasn't them.

Bergman presumably being sub just pisses me off.

Give Phillips a while before calling for his return he’s a way off

He looked a fair bit off the pace in the VFL last week, clearly needs a solid block to get back up to fitness.

What on earth would give you the idea that a bloke who only got through 3/4 of a game of VFL isn't quite ready for the senior team. I see no logic here!
You must have missed where Atu did the same thing off limited preseason played 1 vfl game around 3/4 and came in

At least Phillips will play his 3rd vfl game this weekend

Half our team can play back for instance Scott is named on the wing, but he will play defence

Bonar defence
Walker
Young
Corr
Turner
Mcdonald/Perez
Scott has been no worse than many others his kicking needs tidying up but that could be said of our premium players too.

Yes Mahony is out of form.

Phillips is coming from a fair way back the combination of Covid and Glandular fever would have massacred his fitness and energy. He’s not even playing full vfl games yet give him way more time he’s gonna need it.

He looked a fair bit off the pace in the VFL last week, clearly needs a solid block to get back up to fitness.
Oh for sure the poor dude needs time

Still getting over the glandular by all reports
Yeah that’s why I said it he most likely won’t be afl ready for some time.

You must have missed where Atu did the same thing off limited preseason played 1 vfl game around 3/4 and came in

At least Phillips will play his 3rd vfl game this weekend
COVID and then Glandular Fever. Not at all in the same league as a hammy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back