Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Someone posted about someone being “bias” against something and I nearly posted about it but thought it might look too pedantic, but now I see I’m in good company. :D

I’m still getting used to the modern usage of “versed”.

(It’s “biased” BTW)
Must be great for those of you without dyslexia 🙄

He was ready at the gates before 2 mins but you could see him signaling to team mates when 20 mins would be up. At one point someone was going to change for him and he held 2 fingers up saying he had to wait another 2 mins

It definitely wouldn’t be about him not being off long enough but at how groggy he looked with about a minute left. He didn’t look much better than when the collision first happened and I’m guessing the AFL is asking the question on the test.

Some said on here he got another knock which would be one explanation but I’d say it’s a good thing the AFL are checking to make sure we didn’t shortcut it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly i could argue multiple categories in all elements!

CONDUCT He intentionally was going to bump Blakey. But it only became a tunnel because Blakey suddenly jumped in the air after the unexpected bounce. So Intentional or Reckless? dunno

IMPACT I would rule out severe given no injury, but rule out low given Blakey played on. So high or medium? dunno

CONTACT - clearly hit him on the body BUT it mean blakey landed on his neck / head. So which one is it? Dunno

Only a perfect run gets him to Fine - Careless / medium / body.

There are 7 other outcomes which get him between 1-3 games.

So yeah based on that seems like he is going to cop 1 or 2.

I PANICKED LAST WEEK WITH OUR POTENTIAL OUTS so let's just see. But if Hipwood and Harris are out on top of Payne, we should be 5/1 vs gold coast.
I don't understand the logic around the bolded part. If Blakey played on with no apparent ill effect, why would low impact be ruled out?

The Keays one is interesting. Basically gives the all clear to knock out a player as long as they have an arm free
Not sure if you saw the two videos the AFL sent out of "good" and "bad" tackles over the weekend. Both seem to have a mix of slings and dumping, but the big difference was the "good" tackles all had an arm free. Basically have given players the direction that as long as an arm is free its open season (this lines up with you are going to get best chance at a free for htb)

Not sure if you saw the two videos the AFL sent out of "good" and "bad" tackles over the weekend. Both seem to have a mix of slings and dumping, but the big difference was the "good" tackles all had an arm free. Basically have given players the direction that as long as an arm is free its open season (this lines up with you are going to get best chance at a free for htb)

Yeah and if you can't pin both arms you have to go the sling in order to stop the opponent getting rid of the footy legally

Ahoy
I come in peace
Given the more friendly timeslot (not a night game or a Sunday afternoon game), do you think more fans than usual will make the trek down? I guess the trains being down will deter some?
We weren't going to go down for the game(haven't since pre Covid) but my son found a couple of seats this morning on the non sunny side of the ground, Section 129 so we'll be going.

If we knew about the trains beforehand probably would have given it a miss again.

We weren't going to go down for the game(haven't since pre Covid) but my son found a couple of seats this morning on the non sunny side of the ground, Section 129 so we'll be going.

If we knew about the trains beforehand probably would have given it a miss again.
yeh definitely need to head down earlier, grab some lunch etc

Ahoy
I come in peace
Given the more friendly timeslot (not a night game or a Sunday afternoon game), do you think more fans than usual will make the trek down? I guess the trains being down will deter some?

The train is a factor for us though undecided atm. Always sucks when the trip is longer than the game.

I don't understand the logic around the bolded part. If Blakey played on with no apparent ill effect, why would low impact be ruled out?
Sorry i got muddled there
I would rule out severe given he played out, but i would rule out low given he was pretty stiff and sore getting up.so high or medium. in my opinion!

Sorry i got muddled there
I would rule out severe given he played out, but i would rule out low given he was pretty stiff and sore getting up.so high or medium. in my opinion!

If Nate Caddy's high hit on Dawson didn't get a week, I'm thinking MRO have holstered their guns this round and let everything go with a fine. I'm hoping Hipwood is the same, fine and off he goes.

But Michael Christian is a muppet and Kane Cornes is another idiot who is trialing via media, so he may throw a week or two to appease the masses. It's the Lions, who cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns could add another tall
Talk on their board that if Witts comes back they could play 2 rucks as Moyle played well on the weekend. If there is no Harris that would really stretch us IN THEORY although Moyle's 1 career goal from 9 games suggests it shouldn't be too much of a factor. Witts averages 0.2 goals a game.

Witts would be a big in though just as a gun ruck. They have no Miller. And Hardwick as a general rule doesn't tag. Will he change tack for Neale? Zorko carved them up last time. I suspect he doesn't like us as a team much and would love to knock us off to upset the apple cart, just like the tigers did in 2021 and 2022 (GC and MCG).

Witts has been listed as test for a while. One of those injuries (fractured vertebrae) you don't want to come back from too early. As mentioned no Miller, also Davies out suspended and Ainsworth injured.

We come up against a side playing its GF if you look at the ladder. Lose this and finals is probably shot.

Talk on their board that if Witts comes back they could play 2 rucks as Moyle played well on the weekend. If there is no Harris that would really stretch us IN THEORY although Moyle's 1 career goal from 9 games suggests it shouldn't be too much of a factor. Witts averages 0.2 goals a game.

Witts would be a big in though just as a gun ruck. They have no Miller. And Hardwick as a general rule doesn't tag. Will he change tack for Neale? Zorko carved them up last time. I suspect he doesn't like us as a team much and would love to knock us off to upset the apple cart, just like the tigers did in 2021 and 2022 (GC and MCG).

Witts has been listed as test for a while. One of those injuries (fractured vertebrae) you don't want to come back from too early. As mentioned no Miller, also Davies out suspended and Ainsworth injured.

We come up against a side playing its GF if you look at the ladder. Lose this and finals is probably shot.
Moyle played well against Briggs, who is quite undersized these days when you see him in the ruck. Usually he goes off with strength and lower centre of gravity to push rucks out/off but Moyle could hold his own and had long enough arms to reach around Briggs. Given Oscar's size and form I'd expect him to have a much better day against Moyle.

If Witts comes back and they play both it'd be a god-send. I'd be ecstatic to have Andrews play on the resting ruck and zone off because neither Moyle or Witts is going to do much on a lead. However if Andrews is it's a bit more of a concern as both have shown they can at least hold a mark, and dropping the ball on their head becomes a viable strategy without Andrews's reach. I'd almost be tempted to keep Smith in as a ruck tag, really out of left field in that case.

I've seen this so many times now, that I'm wondering if it's come into common usage

I've always thought the word was "cited"? .
It gets so commonly misused I wasn't prepared to be the first one in.

But cite = to name in a citation i.e. acknowledge a source ,or to summon i.e . demand someone's presence , usually for a court hearing.

Sight. Well everyone knows what that is and in particular nothing at all to do with the context of a Tribunal.

Unless you sight he cite . And you could potentially sight the cite at a predetermined site.

I'd almost prefer Witts playing, personally.

He's been a pretty damn good ruckman over the years, and certainly taken the points against O at times, but O got the chocolates earlier this year, and I reckon there's signs Witts is slowing up now (even before the injury). Moyle to me is a bit more of an unknown.

I can see them trying to curtail Zorko (T. Berry?) and they should surely be trying to limit Neale (D Swallow?? - not sure I see a matchup).

No Ainsworth is no big deal. I'd prefer him playing - he's vanilla.

Just need to lower our eyes (a-la Melbourne at MCG earlier this year), to ensure Ballard and Andrew can't intercept (which from memory, we did exceptionally well last time against them), and take it to them through the middle (we killed them there too), and it will set us right up.

Moyle played well against Briggs, who is quite undersized these days when you see him in the ruck. Usually he goes off with strength and lower centre of gravity to push rucks out/off but Moyle could hold his own and had long enough arms to reach around Briggs. Given Oscar's size and form I'd expect him to have a much better day against Moyle.

If Witts comes back and they play both it'd be a god-send. I'd be ecstatic to have Andrews play on the resting ruck and zone off because neither Moyle or Witts is going to do much on a lead. However if Andrews is it's a bit more of a concern as both have shown they can at least hold a mark, and dropping the ball on their head becomes a viable strategy without Andrews's reach. I'd almost be tempted to keep Smith in as a ruck tag, really out of left field in that case.
I guess rucks are getting tall. Not sure i would quite call Briggs undersized at 201cm but i guess that would be shorter than most other rucks.

He gave Fort a bath with the exact tactic you mentioned. Fort lacks a bit of strength though. He is more a forward / ruck i think cause goes okay on the lead and can take a grab.

I reckon if Hipwood is out, I would go Morris in for Smith, and Fort in for Hipwood. It makes us a bit shorter there, but retains a genuine aerial threat with Fort. I am not trying to say he is a gun but i think he at least forces a match-up because he has good hands and is a good set shot. He also has a little bit of forward craft, sees players in space and gets the ball from hand to foot faster than most big fellas.

I only saw the Hipwood thing the once and thought it didn't look good. But no damage done and should he get time there should be many factors on which it could be contested.

I'd almost prefer Witts playing, personally.

He's been a pretty damn good ruckman over the years, and certainly taken the points against O at times, but O got the chocolates earlier this year, and I reckon there's signs Witts is slowing up now (even before the injury). Moyle to me is a bit more of an unknown.

I can see them trying to curtail Zorko (T. Berry?) and they should surely be trying to limit Neale (D Swallow?? - not sure I see a matchup).

No Ainsworth is no big deal. I'd prefer him playing - he's vanilla.

Just need to lower our eyes (a-la Melbourne at MCG earlier this year), to ensure Ballard and Andrew can't intercept (which from memory, we did exceptionally well last time against them), and take it to them through the middle (we killed them there too), and it will set us right up.
Yeah that's a good point re their intercept backs. For me i think if Hipwood is out Fort should definitely play. Ready to be in the minority on that view though :)

Regardless we do need to avoid bombing it.

Yeah that's a good point re their intercept backs. For me i think if Hipwood is out Fort should definitely play. Ready to be in the minority on that view though :)

Regardless we do need to avoid bombing it.

I was thinking the same. Great for HSmith to get a game but if we lost O or Joe, in a final I'd lean towards Fort

Sam Edmund on SEN said Hippy will receive a fine only, let's see what happens.
Hmm this is promising:

I understand the AFL match review will announce a fine only for Eric Hipwood later this afternoon. Hipwood was involved in a nasty-looking tunnelling incident with Nick Blakey at the Gabba, but has escaped a suspension.
@1116sen

How am i meant to run my Darcy Fort campaign now though?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back