Prediction Changes for Carlton rd 3, Cox and Reid return, Broomhead and Moore out injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only had a brief glimpse of the VFL, so don’t really know who gets a game. I think Cox has to come in now, he will look a great deal better if we play like we did yesterday. Also because Grundy had a heavy workload today and I think will benefit from some help in the ruck next week. I want to see some agro from Cox, he’s too passive. Potentially McLarty, was surprised he didn’t get a call up to replace Reid.

Reid might get straight back in also.

Fasolo has to be a certainty!

If Adams is out I would bring inSier or Wills (perhaps underdone)

In Cox, Fasolo
Out Moore Broomy

why would Blair sit out the second half of the twos if he’s not injured. Doesn’t make sense to me. He could just as easily get injured during the week. He’s not going to be any fresher for finishing an hour earlier on a Saturday night.

It’s more likely he picked up an injury isn’t it.
By your logic is Fasolo injured too? There’s a 6 day break leading up to Friday’s match, it’s not about avoiding injury rather keeping legs fresh. Nothing to be gained from winning a VFL practice match, better to set ourselves up for Friday.

Cox a certainty to get recalled. Hopefully Reid is right to return. Sier and McLarty seem to o be the guys pushing for selection in the VFL. Faz might be ready. You'd think the INS would come from that group.

Broomy will definitely be an OUT and you'd assume Moore would also miss. Varcoe, Brown and Crocker the others who might miss.

What I think we'll see:

OUT: Broomhead (inj); Moore (inj); Crocker (omit although there is apparently a back niggle);
IN: Cox; Reid/McLarty; Sier

I think that's what it will be.

If its me, i play mclarty over cox and find a spot for sier.

Not sure how Fasolo played but we have no choice but to play him.
I agree with McLarty over cox but Bucks won't do it unfortunately. Heard Sier is close but not sure what his role will be or where we will play him. On Fasolo... well he has flair and x factor, great over head mark and when he is on he is a game changer. Unfortunately he is inconsistent but he needs to play. Once moore went down yesterday we had no one inside our 50 that could play tall.

what i find intetesting, is i do not think Buckley has as much say in picking the team as he had in the past.
For instance last week he said Mayne and Blair were in contention for a senior call up which pissed me off.
So for me it was a pleasant suprise seeing Sharanberg called up , and Aish not being dropped.As buckley usually does with him after a bad game. unlike his love children thomas smith and blair.
Changes for this week personally apart from the obvious Moore broomhead out i would drop thomas and varcoe thats 4 changes, crocker maybe thats 5.
Would bring in either reid and fassolo if both a fit, Cox Mcalty and either Sier or Wills.

No chance of making finals, so I'd like to see Mclarty, Sier, Wills and Appleby play, Cox I don't mind coming in too.

Moore, Broomy, Brown, Varcoe and Langdon out.
First play the cheats, then play the kids.

I'm.left to wonder why there is no heat on Varcoe?

Lots of people wanting to drop this year's leading goal kicker in Crocker, but Varcoe has put in 2 stinkers.

B - Langdon Dunn Scharenberg
HB - Murray McLarty Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Maynard
HF - Howe Crocker Sidebottom
F - Stephenson Cox Fasolo
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Phillips Brown WHE Thomas

Out: Moore, Broomhead, Varcoe

In: Cox, Fasolo, McLarty

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
I agree Varcoe have a low output yesterday. He was busy enough but never really found the ball as much as his defender and when he did get it we didn’t get the results. If it wasn’t for our lack of speed i would drop him too. Reckon he’s the only one we have got who can go with SPS though and play a negating role. As much as we need him behind the ball running through the wing I think we have to man up on SPS first.

Nothing wrong with a coxless Collingwood. Call us the Eunuchs.

IN: Fasolo, McLarty, Sier.
Out: Moore, Reid, Broomhead (all injured).
Ah the old 23 players trick. I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say this is a must win and no honourable loss will be entertained against Carlton ever.

All the goodwill gained from this week will be completely dissolved if we can't beat a very poor football side.

I think that's what it will be.

If its me, i play mclarty over cox and find a spot for sier.

Not sure how Fasolo played but we have no choice but to play him.

Agree. We are way Better with Grundy as the Main Ruck and have a Moore/McLarty Type to Chop him out for Little Times instead of Having Close to 50% Ruck Time Between Cox and Grundy

what i find intetesting, is i do not think Buckley has as much say in picking the team as he had in the past.
For instance last week he said Mayne and Blair were in contention for a senior call up which pissed me off.
So for me it was a pleasant suprise seeing Sharanberg called up , and Aish not being dropped.As buckley usually does with him after a bad game. unlike his love children thomas smith and blair.
Changes for this week personally apart from the obvious Moore broomhead out i would drop thomas and varcoe thats 4 changes, crocker maybe thats 5.
Would bring in either reid and fassolo if both a fit, Cox Mcalty and either Sier or Wills.
Yeah it’s a bit weird but it was all smoke and mirrors in the end. Mayne was injured, Reid was injured and Treloar barely trained in the week he was in the paper claiming he’s working his ar$e off improving his kicking.

All utter crap including no club news for pushing Moore forward. They didn’t want GWS to pick a smaller faster team as they were too tall down back with Tomlinson, Corr, Davis, Haynes and Finlayson. We also had too many forwards filling the space blocking low fast leads.

Reid reported to have a hip injury. He doesn’t have a history of coming back after 1 week. Unless it was a flu or gastro related hip injury I can’t see Reid coming back in a hurry. See if he makes training this week???

Thomas bobbed up to get his goal a game. As much as he is a list clogger we haven’t got many players kicking a goal a game.

Besides Grundy I thought Shaz had a good game, probably best senior game I’ve seen.

If Varcoe doesn’t go with SPS he could play a defensive fwd role on Simpson. We really need to quell his influence from half back.

By your logic is Fasolo injured too? There’s a 6 day break leading up to Friday’s match, it’s not about avoiding injury rather keeping legs fresh. Nothing to be gained from winning a VFL practice match, better to set ourselves up for Friday.

Ok I didn’t see that tweet and missed the short break so fair enough.

I can accept a fit Fasolo getting a call up but did Blair do enough in the first half to earn selection automatically??? Gee we must be short on options after only 2 rounds.

What burns me is Alex Fasolo was held over in the VFL practice match after half time.
So basically, he played a half, then told to hit the showers all when we needed some class inside 50 up the road.

Real backs against the wall kinda stuff for you guys. Add a hated rival and all the ingredients are there. You blokes seem to thrive on it.

Real backs against the wall kinda stuff for you guys. Add a hated rival and all the ingredients are there. You blokes seem to thrive on it.

Carlton have a better history of elevating performance against us and winning as the underdogs than the reverse I would have thought.

First play the cheats, then play the kids.

Agree. The 4 day break between bombers and tigers games is the perfect chance to blood a couple of kids in each so as to give midfielders like pendles, sidey, treloar and adams a rest.

Sier, Wills, Daicos have to come in for one of those games..... and hopefully have De Goey back by then too.

Ok I didn’t see that tweet and missed the short break so fair enough.

I can accept a fit Fasolo getting a call up but did Blair do enough in the first half to earn selection automatically??? Gee we must be short on options after only 2 rounds.
If Blair gets selected Victoria may need to import some electricity from Tasmania.
Microwaves working overtime......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back