Prediction Changes for Carlton rd 3, Cox and Reid return, Broomhead and Moore out injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies play better with a more mobile forward line absolutely shocked, who would have thought that's possible with a game plan that revolves around pressure.
Yeah but it also revolves around hope and pray bomb it in high ball forward 50 entries. It's a genius combination.

Grundy was great yesterday but not sure he can or should keep that workload up all year. We need a reasonable 2nd ruck option to give Grundy some rest time. It is a long season for ruckman.

That has to be either Cox or McLarty. Give McLarty is new to ruck I think they will have to go Cox.

Id be rolling the dice on a few blokes here. A loss and season 100% over no question at all (If its already not)

Surely wells is ready FFS?

In- Reid, Fasolo, Wells
Out - Moore, Broomhead, crocker

Id be rolling the dice on a few blokes here. A loss and season 100% over no question at all (If its already not)

Surely wells is ready FFS?

In- Reid, Fasolo, Wells
Out - Moore, Broomhead, crocker
Wells not playing the VFL game is a dead give away he’s injured. Won’t be seeing him in the 1’s for a while.

If we are being realistic both cox and Reid will come in. Otherwise we will be undermanned.

IN: Cox, Reid and Fasolo
OUT: Moore, Broomhead Brown

We will beat Carlton next week.
Is Wells ready? Would play him at half forward even if he is a little bit off full match fitness - still an upgrade on Crocker.
If not I would bring in Sier.

OUTS: Moore, Broomhead, Crocker
INS: Fasolo, Reid, Sier

B - Langdon Dunn Maynard
HB - Murray Howe Sharenberg
C - Crisp Pendlebury Treloar
HF - Thomas WHE Sidebottom
F - Varcoe Reid Fasolo
R - Grundy Adams Aish
INT - Phillips Stephenson Sier Brown

If we are being realistic both cox and Reid will come in. Otherwise we will be undermanned.

IN: Cox, Reid and Fasolo
OUT: Moore, Broomhead Brown

I think that's what it will be.

If its me, i play mclarty over cox and find a spot for sier.

Not sure how Fasolo played but we have no choice but to play him.

In Cox Fasolo
Out Moore Broomhead

Reid can play VFL if fit.

Would love Sier to get a chance.

Reid has to play, whether that down back or CHF. Fasolo and Cox, particulary Cox as he can give Brodes a chop out in the ruck. I would also bring De Goey straight into the side, as he will be raring to go and with alot to prove. I wouldnt waste him in a VFL practice match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crocker’s had 2 solid games, I wish he wouldn’t lead to the pocket, but I can’t see him being dropped even if Fasolo returns. Sier doesn’t yet have the legs to play seniors as evidenced by cramping late in yesterday’s VFL practice game. It will annoy people, but with Blair only playing the first half of that game I suspect he’s been held back with Friday in mind.

B - Langdon Dunn Scharenberg
HB - Murray Howe Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Maynard
HF - De Goey Reid Sidebottom
F - Stephenson Cox Fasolo
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Phillips Crocker WHE Thomas

In: Reid, Cox, De Goey, Fasolo
Out: Broomhead, Moore, Brown, Varcoe

I'm.left to wonder why there is no heat on Varcoe?

Lots of people wanting to drop this year's leading goal kicker in Crocker, but Varcoe has put in 2 stinkers.

B - Langdon Dunn Scharenberg
HB - Murray McLarty Crisp
C - Aish Pendlebury Maynard
HF - Howe Crocker Sidebottom
F - Stephenson Cox Fasolo
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Phillips Brown WHE Thomas

Out: Moore, Broomhead, Varcoe

In: Cox, Fasolo, McLarty

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reid has to play, whether that down back or CHF. Fasolo and Cox, particulary Cox as he can give Brodes a chop out in the ruck. I would also bring De Goey straight into the side, as he will be raring to go and with alot to prove. I wouldnt waste him in a VFL practice match.

Agree on De Goey if fit but otherwise its Sier. YOure probably right on Reid too

Can someone enlighten me why bringing Reid, Cox and Fasolo in would be a good idea.

All 3 offer virtually no pressure. The 1 thing the side actually did well against the giants.

2 of them maybe but all 3 is asking for a young carlton to run all over us.
I sense Reid will be the one to miss given his/our history. How many times has he been described as line ball for selection only to miss the next 2-3 (or more) matches?

In: Cox, Fasolo, Blair
Out: Moore (inj), Broomhead (inj), Brown (unless Treloar’s carrying something)

Personally I’d play McLarty over Blair to ensure we don’t end up a tall short again, but Buckley’s presser suggested they were happy with the selected balance against the giants.

I sense Reid will be the one to miss given his/our history. How many times has he been described as line ball for selection only to miss the next 2-3 (or more) matches?

In: Cox, Fasolo, Blair
Out: Moore (inj), Broomhead (inj), Brown (unless Treloar’s carrying something)

Personally I’d play McLarty over Blair to ensure we don’t end up a tall short again, but Buckley’s presser suggested they were happy with the selected balance against the giants.
Blair over Brown? Ive personally seen enough of blair for 1 life time and would much rather give time to brown

The sad reality is we can't bring in anybody that on paper will have a more positive impact than any player that played yesterday.

May as well be pumping games into McLarty, Mihocek and any other young talls but our ****ing inept coach and assistant coaches are in survival mode.

If only these clowns would step aside, play the kids to get the team back on track rather than remaining stagnant for another year to protect their own skin.

Blair over Brown? Ive personally seen enough of blair for 1 life time and would much rather give time to brown
It’s not a change I’d make rather I suspect the club will recall Blair given he sat out the second half of the VFL game. Barring an injury Brown seems the next player on the fringes.

If it comes to fruition vent loudly at the club, just don’t shoot someone basing a selection guess on available info.

It’s not a change I’d make rather I suspect the club will recall Blair given he sat out the second half of the VFL game. Barring an injury Brown seems the next player on the fringes.

If it comes to fruition vent loudly at the club, just don’t shoot someone basing a selection guess on available info.
why would Blair sit out the second half of the twos if he’s not injured. Doesn’t make sense to me. He could just as easily get injured during the week. He’s not going to be any fresher for finishing an hour earlier on a Saturday night.

It’s more likely he picked up an injury isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back