Changes for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that posters dont read enough threads on BF.

Yeh fair enough, perfectly understandable at how frustrated one can get.
Like when people keep spelling the names of our own players wrong, THAT frustrates me.

Ant just puts so much dedication and commitment into his posts ;) :thumbsu:

And if you belive the best players that are given by Bendigo then you are a fool. Bendigo have a long history of putting young blokes into the best to pump their tyres up. Their best 6 is often nothing like the best 6 on the day.

I have noticed this contradiction between the official line and the truth regarding the EFC listed players at Bendigo this year and have been impressed by the massaging of the message & the apparent suberfuge by the EFC on the Bomberland website!

People I trust tell me that Atkinson has played pretty good consistant footy at Bendigo this year. Performance wise he is up there in the best EFC listed players in the Bendigo team. But in reputation stakes he is rated only slightly above the Bendigo listed players and certainly on the distant edge of the senior team - well below more fancied high draft picks that have not performed as well on the field.

Reputations mean so much to coaches & players alike - using the Bendigo Bombers report on the Bomberland website seems to be a subtle way of expressing this preference for the more fancy recruits over the lesser lights. Very interesting use of media Dons !!!

By not giving them official due recognition could this Bomberland ruse damage the chances of those players on the senior peripheral ?

Id like to see Myers start getting games.
I dont know whos gong to have to go, but putting him into the midfield with our experienced players could to great things for him.

Depending on how our next 3 games go and whether we are in the finals run should depend whether he gets games. I really want to see him in though, hes got great potential

i'm astonished i'm the only one talking about daniher playing. he played the whole match on fevola last time out as clearly the coaching group thought he was the only key defender who could match him pace wise. this is still the case now. fletcher is more suited to a 3rd defender role these days, hooker is a chb, pears is a decent full back on your stonger types but is not quick enough over 20m for fevola. fevola had a lot of the ball kicking 4.5 from memory but a lot of his kicks were from 50m and/or close to the boundary as by having a bloke right on his hammer (daniher) it forced his leads out further and wider. against pears/hooker fev could burn them off over 20m quite easily so would be lining up for goal from 30-40m - daniher's pace forces him out and thus makes kicking for goal more difficult.

for mine it should be:

out: mcveigh
in: daniher

to stop fevola we should play a loose man in defence. i'd have it this way:

fevola - daniher
o'hailpin - hooker
kreuzer/hampson - fletcher
betts - reimers (reimo has the pace and eddie would shit his pants when he gets reimered)
houlihan - dempsey
fisher - pears
loose man - mcphee.

with this setup we crowd the area fevola leads into with all of fletch, mcphee, hooker, pears assisting daniher when able. we force carlton to find another avenue to goal.

up forward for the bombers a 5 man forward line:

lloyd, lucas, monfries, davey, winderlich with lovett running in from midfield to support.

clearly fevola is always the danger man so clog it up and frustrate the hell out of him.

i don't see the need to bring in h.slattery - last time against carlton he got cut up by simon wiggins...who is henry's matchup? betts or houlihan...betts is too quick and houlihan too clever for slatts. i'd leave him out for another week.

Would love Jetta in the team but doesn seem likely.

Probable change(s)

IN Slattery
OUT Mcveigh

But i believe we are a better team with Jetta in, i know people on here don't rate his output and yes he does have flaws in his game but what he does offer is forwardline pressure and a willingness to work for the team. Would like NLM back in but with Fletcher's returni dont see a possie for him.

i'm astonished i'm the only one talking about daniher playing. he played the whole match on fevola last time out as clearly the coaching group thought he was the only key defender who could match him pace wise. this is still the case now. fletcher is more suited to a 3rd defender role these days, hooker is a chb, pears is a decent full back on your stonger types but is not quick enough over 20m for fevola. fevola had a lot of the ball kicking 4.5 from memory but a lot of his kicks were from 50m and/or close to the boundary as by having a bloke right on his hammer (daniher) it forced his leads out further and wider. against pears/hooker fev could burn them off over 20m quite easily so would be lining up for goal from 30-40m - daniher's pace forces him out and thus makes kicking for goal more difficult.

for mine it should be:

out: mcveigh
in: daniher

to stop fevola we should play a loose man in defence. i'd have it this way:

fevola - daniher
o'hailpin - hooker
kreuzer/hampson - fletcher
betts - reimers (reimo has the pace and eddie would shit his pants when he gets reimered)
houlihan - dempsey
fisher - pears
loose man - mcphee.

with this setup we crowd the area fevola leads into with all of fletch, mcphee, hooker, pears assisting daniher when able. we force carlton to find another avenue to goal.

up forward for the bombers a 5 man forward line:

lloyd, lucas, monfries, davey, winderlich with lovett running in from midfield to support.

clearly fevola is always the danger man so clog it up and frustrate the hell out of him.

i don't see the need to bring in h.slattery - last time against carlton he got cut up by simon wiggins...who is henry's matchup? betts or houlihan...betts is too quick and houlihan too clever for slatts. i'd leave him out for another week.

Given Bendigo have not played a game since i last gave this tip i am not surprised that Daniher is not currenty in the picture. They are working on a few things with Darcy at the moment which is why he is not in the senior picture.

And your ramble about Slattery is wrong. Wiggens carved up Myers. Slattery played on Betts :)

I reckon Pears deserves first shot at Fev. I think Pears can manage him in a contested situation and will carve him up when the ball goes to ground, so IMO long bombs to Feb won't be too much of a problem... we just need to make sure that the backline provides support when Fev leads out, to intercept and/or spoil if Fev breaks free. Hocking would do this quite well, as would Hooker and Fletch. That's plan A for me.

If Pears is going to be our number 1 or 2 backman in the coming years then this is a good opportunity to gain some experience on a traditional strong leading full-foward. Thoughts?

Hamiliton stated he was in contention though anyone heading down to training this week maybe give us a report

Bellchambers is going to play for Bendigo this week along with Hurley (80-90 minutes). Hopefully both can get a solid game under their belts a push for selection against the Pies.

Could be a tough one at selection next week if we perform well on Friday night. McVeigh, Houli, NLM, Hurley and Bellchambers all chances to come back in.

I reckon Pears deserves first shot at Fev with the rest of the backline providing support. I think Pears can manage him in a contested situation and will carve him up when the ball goes to ground, so IMO long bombs to Feb won't be too much of a problem... we just need to make sure that the backline provides support when Fev leads out, to intercept and/or spoil if Fev breaks free. Hocking would do this quite well, as would Hooker and Fletch. That's plan A for me. Thoughts?

Agree with you 100%. Nothing else to add your honour.

I reckon Pears deserves first shot at Fev. I think Pears can manage him in a contested situation and will carve him up when the ball goes to ground, so IMO long bombs to Feb won't be too much of a problem... we just need to make sure that the backline provides support when Fev leads out, to intercept and/or spoil if Fev breaks free. Hocking would do this quite well, as would Hooker and Fletch. That's plan A for me.

If Pears is going to be our number 1 or 2 backman in the coming years then this is a good opportunity to gain some experience on a traditional strong leading full-foward. Thoughts?

Agree, but to be safe I would have Fletch blocking Fev's leading space.

I agree.

My only concern is that if Pears is cut up by Fevola - The coaching staff have shown a reluctance to move players.

It seems to be that if we play 2 or 3 Key backs - the coaching staff will readily accept one key back being soundly defeated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bellchambers is going to play for Bendigo this week along with Hurley (80-90 minutes). Hopefully both can get a solid game under their belts a push for selection against the Pies.

Could be a tough one at selection next week if we perform well on Friday night. McVeigh, Houli, NLM, Hurley and Bellchambers all chances to come back in.

I doubt that Bellchambers will come into the selection mix - especially if Hurley returns in Round 14 or 15.

IMO they will prefer to use Hooker as a second ruckman to support Ryder.

I doubt that Bellchambers will come into the selection mix - especially if Hurley returns in Round 14 or 15.

IMO they will prefer to use Hooker as a second ruckman to support Ryder.

2 weeks ago I would've agreed with you. However Hooker is clearly at this stage not able to compete in the ruck to the level that Bellchambers is. I think that whatever Hooker can give us around the ground is being lost in the clearances we are losing by having a non competitive ruckman.

2 weeks ago I would've agreed with you. However Hooker is clearly at this stage not able to compete in the ruck to the level that Bellchambers is. I think that whatever Hooker can give us around the ground is being lost in the clearances we are losing by having a non competitive ruckman.

The coaching staff need to balance - Bellchambers, getting first hand on the ball at stop plays or Hooker , gaining possessions and possibly kicking goals

i'd be pissed if slatts got another game coming straight back from a hammy, he's a liability as is at 100% fitness. NLM for mine seems the perfect replacement.

particularly as it was noted on the herald sun that mcphee, dempsey and stanton are all in doubt.....

i'd be pissed if slatts got another game coming straight back from a hammy, he's a liability as is at 100% fitness. NLM for mine seems the perfect replacement.

particularly as it was noted on the herald sun that mcphee, dempsey and stanton are all in doubt.....

Who will play on Betts ?

We have no Houli !

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back