Changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
surely jaensch is coming in? id bring in hendo too. id be making some tough calls too. tippett to rest, give edwards a week in the sanfl as a shot in the bum.

i could go on and on but we dont have enough fit blokesto bring in to axe the dead weight

Jaensch maybe, Sturt got flogged today so would be interested in hearing how he went.

Porps needs to go back to West, he was elevated way to quick.

Edwards also needs to play SANFL

Problem is we get VB back maybe, but no one else and Douglas, Burton and Dogga all need a SANFL message as well.

Worst thing about injuries is, you miss the injured player but it gets you stuck with out of form blokes who keep their spots.

Jaensch maybe, Sturt got flogged today so would be interested in hearing how he went.

Porps needs to go back to West, he was elevated way to quick.

Edwards also needs to play SANFL

Problem is we get VB back maybe, but no one else and Douglas, Burton and Dogga all need a SANFL message as well.

Worst thing about injuries is, you miss the injured player but it gets you stuck with out of form blokes who keep their spots.
Did jaensch play? If he did, he didn't score or get in te best according the sanfl.com.au

is Mackay OK? he seemed to be grabbing his groin late in the game (if you know what I mean :eek:)

I'd put Davis in that boat too, he did a little shimmy in the dying seconds, disposed of it, pulled up short and then immediately headed for the boundary. the sire went before he got half way there, definately wasn't a rotation

Craig said post match that "there's no way we are giving up (on playing finals)"

this to me, sounds like he will not give up on his gameplan, playing the older blokes despite no form to speak of etc...

I may be reading too much into it...

I can't remember there being a 'statement via selection' in Neil's time at Adelaide. I guess most of that is due to us being pretty successful each year. 0-4 though and we have been favourites every game... now's the time.

There are probably 6-8 players who could legitimately be in the gun but it only takes a couple of tough calls on regulars for a point to be made. If van Berlo is ok to play this week then can we have:-

IN: Jaensch, van Berlo
OUT: Doughty, Edwards

Doesn't destabilise us too much and straight away it means everyone is on notice. I'd expect Edwards to return quickly, he's too good and too proud to keep dishing up what he has the last few weeks but a shock to the system wouldn't go astray.

Interestingly Mick Malthouse had to make a tough call on Shane O'Bree this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember there being a 'statement via selection' in Neil's time at Adelaide. I guess most of that is due to us being pretty successful each year. 0-4 though and we have been favourites every game... now's the time.

There are probably 6-8 players who could legitimately be in the gun but it only takes a couple of tough calls on regulars for a point to be made. If van Berlo is ok to play this week then can we have:-

IN: Jaensch, van Berlo
OUT: Doughty, Edwards

Doesn't destabilise us too much and straight away it means everyone is on notice. I'd expect Edwards to return quickly, he's too good and too proud to keep dishing up what he has the last few weeks but a shock to the system wouldn't go astray.

Interestingly Mick Malthouse had to make a tough call on Shane O'Bree this week.
minimum action, maximum impact, nice

OUT: Tippett, Edwards, Doughty
IN: Mckernan, Jaensch, van Berlo

Tippett is a liability, he has no confidence in front of goal, is clearly hampered by his knee/ankle. PUT WALKER AT FULL FORWARD FFS

We need to seriously consider dropping our poor performing veterans such as Edwards (Burton has to be close too IMO due to his WOEFUL kicking). Craig said at the start of pre season that he asked the 4 veterans if they would be prepared for all scenarios this year should they occur i.e. poor form, and that they need to be ok with the possibility of playing SANFL/being dropped, and there would also be no gold passes. They all agreed.

Well now is the time to put your money where your mouth is Craigy... you have 1, if not 2, veterans performing poorly, are you going to drop them like you said you would do?

Opposition teams know they can break us with kick running players, and you dont get much quicker than the Bulldogs. The issue we have is limited options.

Stevens hasnt played for 3 weeks and is sure to be rusty, plus he is slow at the best of times. We have enough slow players.
VB has played 1 game in how many? Has to be underdone.
Jaensch - Definately
Armstrong- I would bring him in, at least gives us pace and if your not getting a game as 3rd year half back flanker when the side is shit, why is he still on the list?
Young - Dont need more big slow defenders
Jacky - Why did we give him a 2 year contract extension?
Henderson - If he has a good game today must be considered

Changes - Doughty to a tagging role. Walker to stay at full forward the whole game. Rotate Tippett and Maric in ruck off the bench. Keep the pressure off Tippett away from goals and get him into the game.

Ins - Jaensch and Armstrong
Outs - Porps (to gain some fitness and touch not at our expense) Edwards

Craig has to send a message to the rest of the team and that wont be done by dropping a junior.

Would the club have the balls to drop Tyson?

absolutely NOT

Our side is like the Australian Test Cricket team, when is the last time a senior player has been dropped?

Craigy said last year prior to signing Edwards and co that he had discussions with them to determine how thy would react if they were dropped due to form slippage, no point having the conversation unless your prepared to act

I love him, but Doughty out, please.

Tyson is a huge call - say he's got soreness or something and give him a week off, but tell him behind close doors to get back to being the Edwards we know and love.

I'm not one for this behind doors "soft stuff", manage all players equally, if he is dropped for form then he needs to cop it like anyone else and go back to his sanfl club and work his butt off and get back in the side

Edwards should be no different to a Walker, creating differences creates fractions in a footy club

O'Bree isn't exactly in the same class as Zooma

He is/ was a good player, but Tyson was a great.

At least 1 tough call needs to be made this week, i think Dogga might go before Zooma.

your right O'Bree is no Edwards however he is important to Collingwood

however you could argue that Da Santo is a class player and Lyon has had the balls to drop players like Dal Santo, Milne and Ball - no wonder why they are a top 4 side, every player knows regardless of history there performances are on notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back