Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really looking forward to this game and the prospect of being in the top 8 is an exciting one, so I'd love to see the team seize on the opportunity on the big stage.

Worried about losing Elliott, Goldsack and Wells. The inclusions are not too bad so I hope it doesn't affect us too much.

The core midfield group remains in tact and they will be the key to us winning the game.

A big congratulations to Callum Brown on making his long-awaited debut. Stoked for the kid and wish him all the best.

Contracted players never change clubs......
I could be wrong but weren't S.Mitchell and Jordan Lewis contracted players when traded last year? Billy Hartung and the Pup offered as trade for O'Meara? Heater contracted when pushed out (still payed part contract last year)? Shane Woewodin (whilst on holidays overseas) to Collingwood another contracted player. Then Byron Pickett to Port and Ronnie Burns from Geelong to Crows?

I could be wrong but weren't S.Mitchell and Jordan Lewis contracted players when traded last year? Billy Hartung and the Pup offered as trade for O'Meara? Heater contracted when pushed out (still payed part contract last year)? Shane Woewodin (whilst on holidays overseas) to Collingwood another contracted player. Then Byron Pickett to Port and Ronnie Burns from Geelong to Crows?

Yes, it was sarcasm. Tonnes of contracted players change clubs every year (some even get delisted)

Yes, it was sarcasm. Tonnes of contracted players change clubs every year (some even get delisted)
Haha shit! Here I thought it was serious time along with everyone else in BF World. But it seems like our club is loath for delisting coaches of late. Perhaps, win on Monday and enter the 8 the club will hand down another contract extension. Free contract upgrade....Buckley.

Wells, Goldsack and elliot are obviously huge outs. Do you guys think the guys coming in can do enough to overcome these outs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells, Goldsack and elliot are obviously huge outs. Do you guys think the guys coming in can do enough to overcome these outs?
Fasolo somewhat offsets the loss of Elliott, especially if he can convert his set shots. Brown as a debutant is obviously not going to bring what Wells will, and Langdon will be hard pressed to fill a KPD spot that Goldsack was playing career best footy in.

Really looking forward to this game and the prospect of being in the top 8 is an exciting one, so I'd love to see the team seize on the opportunity on the big stage.

Worried about losing Elliott, Goldsack and Wells. The inclusions are not too bad so I hope it doesn't affect us too much.

The core midfield group remains in tact and they will be the key to us winning the game.

A big congratulations to Callum Brown on making his long-awaited debut. Stoked for the kid and wish him all the best.
Spot on. Its similar with Brisbane in a way. They have won there games when there midfield has all played. Similar for us as long as we have an engine room of Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, Adams, sidey ect we are going to some what of a chance.

Im hoping its a real turning point for the club with something very real in sight now. If we can get over Melbourne itll be such a great day!

Langdon a few years ago showed some real promise. Hoping his absence has spurred him on to reach that level we all thought he could.

Fasolo i mean now he isn't holding his issues inside it'll be a massive relief. He can be a match winner similar to Elliot. Can he bob up and kick 3? Yes, will he who knows.

Aish. End of last year started to show promise lets hope he can start performing to his top 10 pick talent.

Brown. If he can snag a goal or do something good itll boost the team massively. Lets hope he can do something for the side

I don't know where the goals are going to come from without Elliott.He's been averaging 3 goals a match the last month,plus he usually sets up 2-3 goals as well.That's 5-6 goals we'll have to make up,from a side that doesn't kick big scores anyway.It's a big ask.

This is the Melbourne Grand Final, they'll be right up for this, and with the changes we've been forced to make it concerns me somewhat.

It is a MUST that we start well. Total non-negotiable.
Agree, and the big thing is concert our opportunities, if we do start like we did against Freo we can't afford to miss easy shots

Will Melbourne Fans turn up OR will they be at the Snow;)
They'll turn up.

The soccer the other night you were wondering about the crowd and who would turn up to
Argentina v Brazil in Australia?

95,000 that's a big wow.

We won't get that, but it will be a big crowd Monday and we'll put Melbourne to the sword.
Aish will play well too.

Oh and the Berg will too :) happy days

This is the Melbourne Grand Final, they'll be right up for this, and with the changes we've been forced to make it concerns me somewhat.

It is a MUST that we start well. Total non-negotiable.
Let's hope it's a Melbourne grand final circa 1988 and 2000
That would Ve very nice indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back