Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 5 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to blame Dalziell for his miss, the whole side was absolutely shocking.

That Hams pass to Darling was a helicopter shank that got lucky. Cripps missed twice and didn't make the distance from 40m on another occasion, Cox and Kennedy the same. Even Kerr's orgasmic goal was a floater (though zero blame there :cool:). And Sinclair was the worst offender of the lot.
Dalziell had fresh legs and was about 20m out on a 45 degree angle - easiest missed shot of the night (save for perhaps Sinclair's miss). It was at a crucial juncture, would've got us back to about 14pts down with 5min gone in the last, he should've nailed it.
I was right behind Kerr's shot and it wasn't a floater. It did start to go a bit helicopter-ish at the end but that was more to do with the angle he kicked it at. It was a magnificent goal and pretty much the only happy moment of the night for me.

Dalziell had fresh legs and was about 20m out on a 45 degree angle - easiest missed shot of the night (save for perhaps Sinclair's miss). It was at a crucial juncture, would've got us back to about 14pts down with 5min gone in the last, he should've nailed it.

I don't agree that it was any more important than any of the other shocking misses. For the entirety of the game we were either just keeping in touch, or being belted - we needed every goal we could get.

I was right behind Kerr's shot and it wasn't a floater. It did start to go a bit helicopter-ish at the end but that was more to do with the angle he kicked it at. It was a magnificent goal and pretty much the only happy moment of the night for me.

I was right behind it also - either way it was awesome, and yeah pretty much the only time I made any noise.

I don't agree that it was any more important than any of the other shocking misses. For the entirety of the game we were either just keeping in touch, or being belted - we needed every goal we could get.

I was right behind it also - either way it was awesome, and yeah pretty much the only time I made any noise.
While technically speaking a last quarter miss and a first quarter miss contribute equally to the end result, practically speaking last quarter misses are much worse because you have a lot less time to make up for the mistake.

At least we can agree on Kerr's awesome goal being the only real highlight.

and Wellingham looks likely to line up in the WAFL

i wonder if/when NiKNat will line up,, and if it were WAFL or straight into the team, as we need him so bad

I can't quite process this logic. You want him dropped and recognises he misses shots from 25m, yet he should be given a full game?

No thanks.

Darren Glass and Eric Mackenzie are ordinary set shots. Should we drop them too?

Dalziell is a runner, that's what he does. If he is in the side, he should be covering lots of k's, taking lots of uncontested marks and getting lots of kicks. He's not damaging, which is why he needs to get 25-30 touches to be useful. Matt Rosa isn't particularly damaging either, but we are missing his run and carry big time - and his obvious stand-in is being used as the sub.

Josh Hill could come on at 3QT and kick 3 goals from 5 touches. So could Ashton Hams. Why do we play a guy as the sub whose sole advantage is that he can run all day?

Josh Hill could come on at 3QT and kick 3 goals from 5 touches. So could Ashton Hams. Why do we play a guy as the sub whose sole advantage is that he can run all day?

No argument from me. He shouldn't be in the team, period. He doesn't offer anything to the team, so when the MC goes crazy and selects him, I'd rather him just play 30 minutes.

FWIW, Josh Hill shouldn't be sub. We need him for the full game. Hams, meh - do what you want with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Newman suddenly back in the fold? Are things really that bad?
Who says he's back in the fold? BigFooty talk doesn't count for MC talk.;) Anyway, he's listed as injured for 1-2 weeks, with a knee problem.

By 'fold' I mean the BigFooty MC, not the actual MC.

There's always a reasonable disconnect between the WC Board and reality.:)
At least you made me laugh Scotland, and there hasn't been a lot to laugh about on this board for a while. :p

FB: Waters, Mackenzie, Schofield
HB: Hurn, Glass, Brennan
C: Rosa, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Hams, Darling, Masten
FF: LeCras, Kennedy, Sinclair
Foll: Cox, Kerr, S.Selwood
INT: Shuey, Hutchings, Butler
Sub: Cripps

In: Waters, Rosa, Hutchings
Out: A.Selwood, Hill, Dalziell

Waters and Rosa are both available so they should both come straight back in. Adam Selwood hasnt shown much at all this season and he was horrible against Carlton, Brennan showed he is a much faster and smarter player.
Its a toss of the coin as to which one of Hill or Hams comes out, basically I dont think there is room for Hill, Hams and LeCras.
Dalziell comes out and Hutchings needs to be rewarded for his good form in the WAFL, although Im not sure what style of player he is? I know Daziell has been tearing it up in the WAFL too.
Thats my side, no drastic changes but I feel its a better balance.

Its a toss of the coin as to which one of Hill or Hams comes out, basically I dont think there is room for Hill, Hams and LeCras.

Out: A.Selwood, Hill, Dalziell

By 'Hill' did you actually mean 'Hams'? :p

I personally think Hill offers much, much more than the little piggy.

Does Newman train will the full group yet? obviously not now that hes injured but in recent weeks?

The kids clearly talented, hes just a bit of a bell end.

I personally think Hill offers much, much more than the little piggy.

I'm pretty sick of Hams and his dirty ways. If the umpires use their brains and stop throwing frees his way his value to the team will drop massively. Bring on Newman and Dick I say.

I'm pretty sick of Hams and his dirty ways. If the umpires use their brains and stop throwing frees his way his value to the team will drop massively. Bring on Newman and Dick I say.
Agree strongly with that, Hams opponent is killing us each week, he gets too much ball.

People calling for Hill's head need to remember he was one of the few things that went right for us in the Hawthorn game, and was a very good link-up player (Much moreso than Embley) in the Melbourne game. He ain't going anywhere for the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 5 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back