Changes for Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Wood, Lockyer.

Out: Fraser, davis.

This.

Fraser has a knee and Davis seems to be struggling with either form or fitness.

We can't afford to be complacent, if we do the roos could upset us.

Best possible team with as few changes possible.

On your comments about leon, whilst i think your right, when hes on form he is incredibly dangerous. But today, i thought he was so selfish. He snapped and tried to kick goal of the year each time he got his hands on the pill. I also remember a marking contest where he tried to fly over his opponent near the square and didnt get a hand on it. Fully fit, leon is a devastating force in the forwardline/midfield. But at the moment...i see him has a weak link. I would like to see Rounds given a chance because hes been damn consistent in the 2's

Fraser for wood seems logical to me even if its not a major injury, he should get a rest just in case.

So for me;
Ins: Rounds, Wood
Out: Davis, Fraser

Good call, I could probably deal with that.

Leon is certainly off the boil at the moment, looked very disheartened as well for the majority of the game. I'm dying to see him back in the midfield, I hate him playing as a deep forward, his disposal going into the 50 goes to waste down there.

The banana from the 50 wasn't a good look I agree, I'm sure he was frustrated coping such a tight tag just sitting in a forward pocket though... No excuses, just saying.

Anyway, I think he is pretty gallantly putting his hand up to play when he isn't 100% so I don't think we should rag on him, but yeah, a rest will probably do him some good.
He'd be keen to light it up on his home turf the week after I'm sure.

What injury is Davis supposedly carrying? He still managed to attempt three speccies and chase hard, I can't imagine he's all that badly hurt.

Hip apparently.
Agree with out Fraser in Wood and out Davis in Rounds calls.

The preference for Reid over Brown puzzles me.

I am not convinced that Brown has made a [serious] mistake these last two weeks. He will never be as creative as Reid but for me consistently beats his opponent. First two things he did today were (1) smash Lachie H who never recovered followed by (2) a strong contested overhead mark in the Carlton right FP.

It is also a trifle unfair to label his disposal as more or less kick-the-bejesus-out-of-it-scatter-gun.

I think this is a game where we blood a young fellla maybe even a Buckley but we must also bring back Presti if reid plays on hale he will get slaughterd. I think we should rest young players every now and then and this week id give Macaffer a rest.

In S.Buckley S Prestigiacombo
Out Macaffer Reid

No confirmed injuries , so Brown out Prest in. That's purely because Reid provides a better defensive balance/combo with Presti. I think Brown and Presti may work better against a Freo type side.

Wood is breathing down Fraser's neck. Jack must be close , and because Leon's been purely forward it would be the swap I'd consider , if he is injured.

Good call, I could probably deal with that.

Leon is certainly off the boil at the moment, looked very disheartened as well for the majority of the game. I'm dying to see him back in the midfield, I hate him playing as a deep forward, his disposal going into the 50 goes to waste down there.

The banana from the 50 wasn't a good look I agree, I'm sure he was frustrated coping such a tight tag just sitting in a forward pocket though... No excuses, just saying.

Anyway, I think he is pretty gallantly putting his hand up to play when he isn't 100% so I don't think we should rag on him, but yeah, a rest will probably do him some good.
He'd be keen to light it up on his home turf the week after I'm sure.

I certainly have to agree with that. watching the game on tv hes just talking to himself when he has a miss and just not finding his way into the game. Hopefully it is just a confidence thing and theres no major injury concern because when Dick is up and about again were going to need leon in that midfield group like he was last season.

We are after a premiership. Sometimes you ahve to make a stand. We need Davis firing but all he tried to do today was take mark of the year and kick goal of the year. He should be told that isn't good and dropped. Fraser should be told that if he is going to make a statement one week and not be able to take a mark in front of 1 player the next week his career is OVER at Collingwood.

Out: Fraser, Davis
In: Wood and a kid that wants it.

If Presti is ok then he comes in for either Reid or Brown - toss a coin.

Meanwhile if Dawes doesn't keep Leigh Brwon out for the rest of the year then Buckley should asasinate MM.

No confirmed injuries , so Brown out Prest in. That's purely because Reid provides a better defensive balance/combo with Presti. I think Brown and Presti may work better against a Freo type side.

Wood is breathing down Fraser's neck. Jack must be close , and because Leon's been purely forward it would be the swap I'd consider , if he is injured.

Just one change out Brown In Presti. Brown just has to look at his teammates to see how much he can improve. Brown must improve if he wants games.

Presti has to come in for Brown if anyone, as Presti+Brown in the same team is far too limiting on our rebound (wasn't needed today much, but other times will be).

Not sure Presti is needed at all though, Roos hardly have a key forward worth worrying about.

In: Wood
Out: Fraser

In reality though, unchanged is most likely, and I'd be perfectly happy with that.

+1, unchanged for mine unless there are injuries that require players to miss.

In S.Buckley S Prestigiacombo
Out Macaffer Reid
mcdonald_sjapandrivethru_2.jpg

I'll have the Prestigiacombo please, with a large McShae and a MacAffer meal for the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the one change for me.

OUT : Fraser, he has been horrible ALL season, wow he played well in a 10+ goal win, get over it and drop him.

IN : Wood, apparently he has shown some solid form in the 2's, plus we all know he has a better set of hands than Fraser and will hold onto marks in the D50.

Also, Davis is way to big of a risk to drop, because you don't know what he will pull out, you never know, next week could be the week that he lights it up. Might be able to play himself into some form against North's lack of small quick defenders. Also think Leon might be injured though, just doesn't look right.

I reckon we have the depth to cover for Leon. If he is playing hurt he should stop being a hero and step out for a week or two, get himself right. Leon is a prodigious talent and a game winner on his day, we need him fit and firing, not running at 70% trying to avoid getting hurt.

Unfrotunatly Dick isn't back yet who would be the obvious swap. Against North I reckon I'd give Rounds a shot.

Wouldn't mind seeing a fresh face in there like Rounds. Just not sure if he's ready for the afl quite yet. I would think he should play this year in the vfl and set himself next year to get a shot in the afl. He was drafted underage along with Blight so we can afford to give him more time to perform well in the reserves.

If Leon doesn't play, How about Harry or Tooves up forward and Buckley or Goldsack off half back?

Harry and Tooves have shown a liking for goals, have no real obvious matchups against North (maybe Thomas?) but Goldy or Bucks could cover for them anyway.

Imagine Harry celebrating 5 goals.

Sorry mattys123, but that's crazy talk.

We're trying to develop a team to win a flag, you don't go chucking Tooves or O'Brien up forward on a whim. In September, every minute that those guys spend playing together in defence will count. If we need a forward, pick a forward. If we don't need a back, drop him to the VFL and let him continue developing as a back.

Easy this week;

In: Presti, Wood

Out: Reid, Fraser (hurt his knee late, may need a rest with a 6 day break).

Leon is a concern, but he doesn't look fit, so maybe a rest for him also, with either Lockyer or McCarthy coming in.

Rounds has been the in form VFL forward pocket has speed and can tackle give him a go imo.

2 goals and 20 disposals sat night.

Sorry Neon, but a blatant disregard for free teammates with that checkside was no way to inject life into a lost season so far. There's something not quite clicking with him at the moment, and I damn well wish he'd curb the flash and improve his form by just being consistent.

That aside, I say no change other than Fraser for Wood.

There's always room for someone of Leon Davis' calibre in the middle.
Don't be too quick to forget just how damaging he can be in there. For a good part of last season I would have considered him our most important midfielder, when he gets the ball in the front half of the centre square, things happen.

Weird... I got post jumped

The thing that's annoying me most about Leon is just how casual he is with his shots for goal this year. He looks like he is playing kick to kick. He won't get dropped though - he just needs a run in the midfield to get him into the game and to give him some confidence.

He is being played forward to keep him fresh for finals when we will need him firing at the right time like he was in 2008. When Dick comes back, he takes Leon's spot and Leon goes to the wing with stints in the centre. Scary thought with the form of our midfield already.

In: Presti, Wood, JMac

Out: N Brown, Fraser, Leon

For me, Presti is a straight in if he's fit. I just think he adds an extra solidity to our backline. Reid needs to learn to keep his feet in the contests more, but I think he offers us more than N Brown, so on that basis I'd keep Reid in.

Josh didn't have a good game & looks injured. Straight swap Wood for Josh, don't even consider L Brown.

Leon was hobbling at the end of the Anzac game last week & he didn't look 100% fit today. Give him a rest & let him recuperate. JMac's been good in the twos, so I'd bring him in. There are a few others who would be challenging for the spot too.

I thought Caff had a decent game, particularly in the final quarter when the scum were challenging. He held up in a few contests, won the ball & delivered clean possession to the Pies.

Didn't JMac only play a half of VFL on the weekend. They might have him in mind if Leon doesn't come up or if MM sends a msg regarding his selfishness at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back