Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Maxwell,Davis
Out: Goldsack,Cloke

Medhurst needs more then one good game to get back. He shouldnt be selected unless he plays well in the next two VFL games. He has been way to inconsistent and even Leon Davis has been better this season then Medhurst.

In: Maxwell,Davis
Out: Goldsack,Cloke

Medhurst needs more then one good game to get back. He shouldnt be selected unless he plays well in the next two VFL games. He has been way to inconsistent and even Leon Davis has been better this season then Medhurst.

You weren't at Coburg yesterday were you? He looked very dangerous and notched more than 20 possessions three weeks in a row. He booted 3.3. Now piss off you blunt analyst!

Medhurst has been listed in the best for 3 games now. I think he has earnt his spot back. Anthony will shift to FF and Dawes up to CHF?

Ins: Medhurst, Davis, Dick

Outs: Cloke, Wellingham, Blair

Though more than likely the only change will be medhurst and cloke unless Maxwell is fit.

Medhurst has been listed in the best for 3 games now. I think he has earnt his spot back. Anthony will shift to FF and Dawes up to CHF?

Ins: Medhurst, Davis, Dick

Outs: Cloke, Wellingham, Blair

Though more than likely the only change will be medhurst and cloke unless Maxwell is fit.

I am pretty sure he has only played the last 2 in the VFl and the game that was on TV a couple of weeks ago he had just two touches till half time and didnt do much after HT.

i think its pretty certain Medhurst will be in the side, Leon if fit.
Regarding the captain, I have more concerns for johnson that goldy to remain in the 22....BJ has really been struggling of late. I'm seeing all the bad things, getting caught almost every time he tries to go around a player, coughing it up when tackled and generally making less than good decisions

People calling for Anthony to be dropped now that Clokes out are off their rocker. I'm really looking forward to see how Anthony goes now he actually gets the chance to play in a position which suits him.

I'd be going for something like

OUTs: Cloke, Goldsack, ??? > Probably Johnson but could be Lockyer who is limited in his defensive pressure which will be important against the Saints, Sidebottom had a poor game, they may not want to play Blair against a big bodied StKilda outfit.

Ins: Medhurst, Macaffer, Maxwell

Maxwell is a really important inclusion to help stifle Reiwoldt if he's fit, and I have a feeling he is. Goldy would be an unlucky exclusion if Maxwell gets up.

People calling for Anthony to be dropped now that Clokes out are off their rocker..

I'm not.

JA has not been able to perform against the better defenses and his pressure is poor. I don't think he will compliment Dawes at all.
Dawes looks likely enough to play as a solo big man or in tandem with Brown when required.
Smaller mobile set-up is the way to go because you need to make the Saints defender double guess instead of controlling the switch kick.

JA must not play. He isn't good enough, at the least he doesn't have good enough forward form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Rose Jam, Anthony looks lost on the field these days, and in his current form, he belongs in the 2's.

Medder's in, maybe Leon.

I would hate to be choosing the team this week, so many choices I wouldn't have a clue!

Looks like Kosi will be out another week.

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Reid - O'Brien
C: D. Thomas - Swan - Wellingham
HF: Didak - Dawes - Beams
F: Davis - Anthony - Medhurst
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Sidebottom - Blair - Johnson - L. Brown​

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Reid - O'Brien
C: D. Thomas - Swan - Wellingham
HF: Didak - Dawes - Beams
F: Davis - Anthony - Medhurst
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Sidebottom - Blair - Johnson - L. Brown​

Spot on.

People calling for Anthony to be dropped now that Clokes out are off their rocker. I'm really looking forward to see how Anthony goes now he actually gets the chance to play in a position which suits him.

I'd be going for something like

OUTs: Cloke, Goldsack, ??? > Probably Johnson but could be Lockyer who is limited in his defensive pressure which will be important against the Saints, Sidebottom had a poor game, they may not want to play Blair against a big bodied StKilda outfit.

Ins: Medhurst, Macaffer, Maxwell

Maxwell is a really important inclusion to help stifle Reiwoldt if he's fit, and I have a feeling he is. Goldy would be an unlucky exclusion if Maxwell gets up.

A lot has been written on JA.
I also look forward to him getting a shot in position for a change.

The fact is though that it is likely he is in a no win situation, unless of course he can dominate arguably the best defence in the competition.

Anything less than this will be seen as vindication of some peoples opinions.

The fact that none of our other forward options have dominated the Saints defence in quite a few years will be overlooked in the rush to write "I told you so"

Here's hoping he can kick 5.:)

This week is so hard to pick becuase we have players like Fraiser, Davis, Medhurst and Maxwell and the two that i can only think of that deserve to be dropped are Cloke and Goldsack. We have the best depth in the competition. In the past years all of the four would have come straight in but these days its good to see that players must proove themselvs to the coaching staff in order to get games.

Injury List

Round 16 as at Monday 12 July
Brad Dick (shoulder) 1 week
Anthony Corrie (knee) 1-2 weeks
Nick Maxwell (calf) 1-2 weeks

Given Rusling has finally been taken from the list the above does not bode well for a return this week...on paper at least.

I like the idea of a small forward line (carlton style i suppose), however i don't think we are suited to play that way. We will be forced again to bomb it in long and destroy our chances instead of working our way into the 50 through their defensive zone like we should. For this reason we need talls down there and that is why Anthony will play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back