Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know its early but couldnt hep it.

Out: Cloke(suspended) Anthony(Suspended) Goldsack
In: Davis , Fraser , Maxwell

I think Cloke and Anthony have cost us dearly, Fraser surely needs to come back in providing he has a good vfl game and both Anthony and Cloke are suspended. Goldsack has been good but needs to make way for the captain.
Toovey the alternative. Leighroy would have to play up forward now with Dawes as Fraser will be back in the team.

Leon should come in if fit.

your thoughts?

In: Medhurst/Dick/Rounds/Davis - pick two
Out: Anthony (susp), Cloke (susp)

Give Maxy another week off... It's a shame he is captain, both Goldy and Tooves have been playing alright (better than Maxwell's form pre-injury).

I know its early but couldnt hep it.

Out: Cloke(suspended) Anthony(Suspended) Goldsack
In: Davis , Fraser , Maxwell

I think Cloke and Dawes have cost us dearly, Fraser surely needs to come back in providing he has a good vfl game and both Anthony and Cloke are suspended. Goldsack has been good but needs to make way for the captain.
Toovey the alternative. Leighroy would have to play up forward now with Dawes as Fraser will be back in the team.

Leon should come in if fit.

your thoughts?

It's a toss up between dick and davis.

Outs: Cloke, Anthony, Goldsack
In: Dick (if fit), Fraser, Maxwell

Should we consider bringing in medhurst or even leon for maybe lockyer to strengthen our forward line against the fantastic st kilda defense? I'm not to sure who to drop for these guys.

In: medders and leon

Out: Cloke and jack

i actually missed leon tonight , despite his "bad form" . he woulda loved those conditions as would medders actually.

i thought goldy was solid all night tonight and probably one of the few solid ones in the first qtr when we got hammered.

blairs a bloody gun

It's a toss up between dick and davis.

Outs: Cloke, Anthony, Goldsack
In: Dick (if fit), Fraser, Maxwell

Should we consider bringing in medhurst or even leon for maybe lockyer to strengthen our forward line against the fantastic st kilda defense? I'm not to sure who to drop for these guys.

Forgot Dick.

Lockyer was fine tonight and he isn't mentally fragile against the stronger sides. Let's see if he can cut it against the Saints and Cats.

Dick/Rounds, Maxwell the only ins I'd like to see.

Need more speed in the forward line.

We're going to get done by saints if we don't start winning clearances and stoppages though, although to be fair I think Port are rated best at them.

OUT: Cloke, Anthony

IN: Maxwell, Rounds

Give Rounds an opportunity up forward. One of Maxwell/L Brown/Reid to have a dip at CHF?

I'd go one step further:-

OUT: Cloke, Anthony, Toovey
IN: Maxwell, Rounds, Macaffer

Caff's ability to take a contested mark and also apply strong forward pressure would see him effectively replace Jack. Although slightly smaller, could work in our favour against Saints back line.

Maxwell for Toovey is a no-brainer

Rounds is no drop-in replacement for Cloke, but he has the pace and ferocity we'd need to take on the St Kilda back line.

Cloke and Anthony are gone. I would also like to find a way to get Wellingham out of the side, can't keep getting a game on early season form.

Will wait for the VFL to decide who I would like included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been a good game to bring in Nathan Brown and try Reid up forward with Cloke in the sin bin.

Unfortuantely I have a feeling Fraser will be back next week to assist (if you can call it that) in the ruck whilst Leroy Brown will be moved forward.

Wait for the VFL but early call would be 2 of Dick/Rounds/Medders/Leon back in the team with the reported out (Anthony, Cloke)

Cloke will get 2 weeks, hopefully JA gets life and I'm not looking forward to seeing Reid againts St Kilda and Geelong, he crumbles under presure againts Port so god help us. I'd leave Goldy in and drop Reid for Maxy.

Cloke will get 2 weeks, hopefully JA gets life

JA played well enough to hold his spot imo (if he didn't get himself reported of course). Not to mention the 50 goals he kicked as a 21 year old KPF last year.....

and I'm not looking forward to seeing Reid againts St Kilda and Geelong, he crumbles under presure againts Port so god help us. I'd leave Goldy in and drop Reid for Maxy.

By that logic you would have 21 changes this week, only Swan could hold his head up high after that first quarter. Reid improved as the game went on after probably the worst quarter he has played all year. No way will he be dropped, no way.

out anthony wellingham toovey
in maxwell davis medhurst

smash that fnnn crap club saints they make me sick milne makes me sick just smash em

At this stage ...

OUT: Cloke, Anthony, Lockyer, Toovey.

IN: Davis, Medhurst, Fraser, Maxwell.

JA would've been dropped regardless of whether he got suspended or not.

Johnno lucky to stay in, but we'll need him against St Kilda.

Goldy has been good so if Maxwell's fit he should be rewarded with Toove's spot.

Tarks is unlucky, but I can only see him playing half-forward these days so Leon and Medhurst replace him.

I'd also consider bringing Dicky in for either Blair or Sidebottom. Sidey needs a rest before finals.

Agree with The Norm..

Goldy has shown good form, and I like the fact he punches the ball away from a contest. You just dont get that with Toovey.

Anthony apart from probably getting suspended, should not come back into the side. Has no commitment, no awareness and does not deserve a spot in the side.

david & medhurst are a no brainer to come back in if they are fit

OUT: Cloke (susp) Anthony

IN: Fraser, Davis

Anthony can not play after his performances, he is just reckless and there is no position for him as well as us being too tall. So Leigh Brown plays the 2nd key post and Fraser comes in to support the ruck.

I'm assuming here Maxwell isn't fit, but if he is I think you'll find Goldy will have to make room despite he's reasonable form. Maxwell's organisation of the backline really stood out as missing and he's also done well on Riewoldt when needed, not sure why but he seems to lift.

Suprised no ones calling for Johnston's head, his disposal by both hand and foot was appaling.Suspensions may save him but I believe he really needs to assess if he has the commitment to go all the way in September.May sound like a harsh call but it's now the buisness end and although others may not have shined last night at least they put their hand up when required.

seriously, why all the JA hate?

He had at least 3 direct goal assists. He can go back or forward, he is looking much fitter, he provides great pressure and he demands a decent opponent in the forward 50 given his goalkikicng history and accuracy.

2 bad kicks into the 50 don't mean he should have a line put through him, otherwise Cloke and Harry would never play again

I dont think going small against St Kilda is the answer at all

Remember last time, Fisher and Gilbert and even Goodard at times are too disciplined to leave the back fifty when we come in (in our around the boundry line style), I'm not sure how many uncontested marks these guys took from our kicks last time but it was a bloody lot.

Sure if we are going to play a play on at all costs game and run through the middle then a smaller forward line could work one out.

But against the better teams we always seem to get numbers back then have to work it out wide (because they are too disciplined to push up with our extra numbers) then we proceed to kick long to a 3 on 1

So unless we play that kamikaze footy to get it in super quick then we at least need to swap talls for talls to at least stay at home and provide a contest against Gilbert and Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back