Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Carlton (Good Friday Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No sign of Dawon at the captains run based on photos/reports. Looks like Bonar in as the 2nd tall.... Madness not to play both considering Carltons talls.
You'd have thought that this would be the ideal game to bring in Dawson. We're screaming out for a KPD and he has the attributes. It's not as if he's a complete rookie that hasn't played seniors before. He's 24 and has played against men for years. He also has poise, an attribute that Bonar lacks.

Will be a close match - you're missing 2 KPDs but our midfield is decimated, and with LDU and Simpkin back yours could obliterate ours.

I think we'll still win, but the $1.18 to $4.70 odds are ridiculous.

I genuinely think this is a long term decision to pick Bonar and not Dawson. Bonar isnt up to it and we all know it. This sounds cruel but if someone is going to be embarassed on the big stage do you want it to be Dawson who they very well might see him as a solid 3rd tall long term or Bonar who is likely to be delisted at contract end. Clarko is on record that decisions are all based on the future right now. I know who i'd be sending to the wolves....
That did cross my mind. Bon is already on shaky ground, he might be banished completely if he gets mauled tomorrow.

This is going to sound silly. Do we opt for more ruck time with Greenwood/ Comben and have Goldie floating down back if it’s getting chaotic?
Sounds good.

Instead of R1 Comben at the center bounce, immediately switching with Greenwood at CHF.

Goldstein at center bounce, run straight to defence. Greenwood in from half forward to ruck around the ground. Just leaves them with a loose man in our forward line.

How are those odds . Everyone talking up the blues . Not giving us a chance . We’re not the same side as last year folks . This reminds me of the Hawks game last week us being in the same position as Carlton as overwhelming favourites. Anyway I hope we give them a good run if not go for the win . Go Roos !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if we are hitting our targets and kicking straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would have to be the first side in history to retain possession through 100% of the match but yeah I get the idea.
Nullifying their run off half back essential to keeping the game locked in our front half

Pretty hard to kick goals when you are minus 25 inside 50.

Let's just dominate the midfield and play the game in our front half and wont matter if we play Josh Mahony at full back.
Who is this Josh bloke? Did we recruit Jack's brother who is a foot taller?

On a side note, I agree. Win the ball in the middle.

I think our jumper is designed to make them feel ill, if they are chasing us.

Wtf.

I love my club dearly and say this with the greatest respect.

During the last 20 years as a North supporter - the words "sold out" have almost never been part of my vernacular.

Does this mean we'll have to queue up for food, drink and toilets like the shitty big commercial clubs?
Bring a bag. And a serviette. Or two.

Not really.

We won't win by defending out of the backline in this game IMO and no mid season pickup with half a year of professional training will change that. Need to squeeze them across the whole field or just all guns blazing so they are on the back foot.
This is Clarkson’s Cortez burning the ships moment. Force the midfield to step up and own the contest.

I hope the mids know that if the ball makes it out of our zone, a goal is going to be kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back