Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

the teams had great games and not so great ones. Today's was in the latter category but overall they've been one of the reasons we've been able to compete with the better teams all year, despite final results.

EFA mate.

A side lacking maturity loses interstate by a small margin after being down significantly in the first half. Stop the presses.

heres one out of left field, how about brad gets his arse out of the coaches box at some stage and do a bit of face to face " coaching/instructing/critiquing " from the boundary, just to see if it helps the team, as others have noted, i cant recall even seeing him with phone in hand in the coaches box, just sits there watching the screen and shaking his head, or giving facial expressions to the camera

heres one out of left field, how about brad gets his arse out of the coaches box at some stage and do a bit of face to face " coaching/instructing/critiquing " from the boundary, just to see if it helps the team, as others have noted, i cant recall even seeing him with phone in hand in the coaches box, just sits there watching the screen and shaking his head, or giving facial expressions to the camera

Do you watch him for the whole game?

Out: Tarrant, Hine, Jacobs, Goldstein, Hansen
In: Daw, Greenwood, Jizzberts, Currie, Grima

Haha Hansen out. You funny.

A few changes need to be made based on a pretty ordinary performance.

Out: Hine, Tarrant

In: Greenwood, Daw

Move Wright back, put Greenwood in the middle, rotate Cunnington/Ziebell through the forward line with 80% ToG for each. Play McMillan as the sub.

Jesus, JZ must be sore after the last few weeks.

Would he be considered for a rest or just played through?

Jesus, JZ must be sore after the last few weeks.

Would he be considered for a rest or just played through?

They'd have to be thinking about it.

Don't care about the rest of the season all that much but this week is must win.

I hate the *scum.

They'd have to be thinking about it.

Don't care about the rest of the season all that much but this week is must win.

I hate the *scum.
It's tempting to rest him, but I would love to see him smash into a red and black pack and scatter it like a police siren does a pack of junkies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFA mate.

A side lacking maturity loses interstate by a small margin after being down significantly in the first half. Stop the presses.

Can't keep hiding behind 'maturity' to excuse every single poor performance. I am not even sure we were much younger than the Crows anyway (could be wrong), it we were I don't think it was the material difference anyway.

Players;
Out: Jacobs, Tarrant - both very poor, have a spell. Wright and JMac were better in second half but if they go too so be it. Bastinac was awful but he is better at Etihad.

In: Currie, Gysberts - don't see why we drafted them if they aren't going to be used. Give them a go now season is officially written off as a debacle. I'd be happy for Greenwood to have another game with Swallow out, why not.

Can't keep hiding behind 'maturity' to excuse every single poor performance. I am not even sure we were much younger than the Crows anyway (could be wrong), it we were I don't think it was the material difference anyway.

Players;
Out: Jacobs, Tarrant - both very poor, have a spell. Wright and JMac were better in second half but if they go too so be it. Bastinac was awful but he is better at Etihad.

In: Currie, Gysberts - don't see why we drafted them if they aren't going to be used. Give them a go now season is officially written off as a debacle. I'd be happy for Greenwood to have another game with Swallow out, why not.

Who's hiding?

Do you read maturity as simply age vs opponent age? if you are this is not what I am referring to. I am talking about the ability to get in a plane go to a destination you venture to perhaps once maybe twice a year. Put a high quality 4 quarter performance together. get back in the plane and go home. We are not mature enough over the 22 players that were sent to do that. we are building it but we are not there.

IMO there is the reason. I can bleat about a million things that went wrong, but firstly there are no players that are going to come in and make us magically better sans Spitta but he ain't going to be playing high quality footy until the end of next year at best.

We will continue to fluctuate in form until the midfield can stand on it feet for an entire game. We are getting closer to this occurring at Etihad. There is still work to be done when we travel.

Three games left in the season, if we are not profoundly beaten in these last weeks it again points to the team becoming more mature.

Its been a frustrating year, we will be better because of it.

Out: Hine, Wright, Goldy, Tarrant, Jacobs, Ziebell (rest)
In: McKenzie, Kennedy, Currie, Majak, Anthony, Kennedy/Gysberts

Would that be to rub in just how badly we f***ed up taking him one pick ahead of Rory Sloane?

Jacobs was terribly exposed yesterday he is just so SLOW when the ball is near him no intensity about him at all. Back to VFL for him.
Wright is not up to it, gets caught far too often and can't dispose of the ball when he does.
Brickhands tarrant took one good mark all day then proceded to drop anything else that came his way.
Delaney was poor, need Grima back asap much better player. I would give delaney one more go though

Out Jacobs, Wright, Tarrant

In daw or currie, Mckenzie, Kennedy

Garner deserves another chance at least play him for the first half, give him some gametime.

Out: Wright (some OK moments, got a bit of it but too many turnovers and got burnt badly by Sloane, Douglas & Dangerfield at times), Goldstein (looked like he wasn't trying - not good enough), Tarrant (need more output and flexibility), L Delaney (OK but prefer flexibility and attack of Cam), Jacobs (blows up too quickly - needs another pre-season).

In: McKenzie (need his foot skills), Currie (I'm sure his effort will be better than Goldy's), Daw (can't have less impact than Tarrant), C Delaney (brings more flexibility and skill than Luke), Kennedy (let's have a look at him).

Last chance: Hine (looking a bit lost ATM), Petrie (show some bloody leadership), Macmillan (effort good but disposal average and doesn't create play).
Other options: Anthony (card has been marked), Greenwood (missed his chance), Siera (a bit vanilla), Harper (can't find it enough), Gysberts (another pre-season required).

C Delaney, Thompson, Mullett
Atley, Hansen, Hine
Wells, Cunnington, Gibson
Currie, Ziebell, Bastinac
Harvey, Black, Adams
Thomas, Petrie, Daw
Garner, McKenzie, Kennedy
Macmillan

If we bring the effort, we'll account for the *Dons comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs *essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back