Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly what they did after the Dogs GF game last year - 3 blokes out injured - no one dropped - pretty dire 'consequences' when we get flogged by 100 points...lol.

10 defenders picked - I mean ffs this BS just needs to stop.

Not all bad, we have a number of players out of contract at the end of this season in this position.

Team balance aside, we need to cycle through these guys.

anyone been to the scg? im going. my first time. seats are with the North fans lower its tipped to be wet is there some undercover GA section u can go to?
In Bay 2, Bradman stand? Its partially covered by a roof. I booked quite a few rows back from the fence, just to be safe. ;-)

Honestly though, its not like we have a massive fanbase in Sydney, and the conditions will turn a lot of fairweather Sydney fans away. Reckon we won't have any problems improvising options mate.

Yep. Perfect opportunity to drop him and play CCJ - especially with Hickey out.

Goldie had zero tackles last week and half arsed his way around. We should be looking toward the future.

I'd rather play Bonar over Ziebell.
Goldie has been a warrior for the club, and lately played roles asked of him for team development. Pretty shit to condemn the bloke for sacrificing his game for the team.

I think people misunderstand when a statement is needed. IF we are a developing side, making a statement and throwing the magnets around doesn’t allow continuity nor confidence develop. Are we a win now team or win later mindset?
Our list is so young that putting in 1st, 2nd year players is just throwing them to the wolves. This will take time.

You'd prefer the club to kick him while he's down in other words.

Not my words at all. By your inference any club that's ever publicly noted a player's poor form and their subsequent demotion has 'kicked them when they're down'.

No, what I'm suggesting is the current method hasn't worked so maybe it's time for something different. Even in 2022 not every situation must be handled with unwavering public love and protective messaging.

Of course what's said internally, every week, is most important but to suggest a public addition to that internal messaging doesn't happen occasionally is rewriting history.

If your view is the club shouldn't do that no problem, but please don't suggest it doesn't happen from time to time and considering it as an option is akin to some cowardly act.

I only ever remember it being done to talented, high investment players when they're maxxing out the wasted-talentometer, and Polec is clocking it atm.

Last edited:
I think people misunderstand when a statement is needed. IF we are a developing side, making a statement and throwing the magnets around doesn’t allow continuity nor confidence develop. Are we a win now team or win later mindset?
Our list is so young that putting in 1st, 2nd year players is just throwing them to the wolves. This will take time.
We just got pumped by 100+ with many of the same senior players that got pumped by 100+ this time last year.

I would understand this sentiment if last week was a one off but we've won 5 of the last 30-odd games. Our senior players are as culpable, if not more so, than the kids and we gain nothing by playing them because we get pumped when they play regardless.

All forced changes doesn’t bode well for Noble long term.
Players aren’t stupid. This club can’t be trusted with holding itself to account and all Noble has done has undermined himself by stating there will be consequences and then not following through.

I firmly believe the senior core at the club are letting this club down. More heat needs to come on our leaders. They are a protected species.

Not my words at all. By your inference any club that's ever publicly noted a player's poor form and their subsequent demotion has 'kicked them when they're down'.

No, what I'm suggesting is the current method hasn't worked so maybe it's time for something different. Even in 2022 not every situation must be dealt with with unwavering public love and protective messaging.

Not at all because in this case the reports are that Polec has been in a moon boot this week so is also injured. I personally find it more frustrating in the Lazzaro case last week where he's listed as omitted but is apparently injured.

The only benefit to having listing Polec as omitted would be to make fans feel better that he's got the tag of dropped.

anyone been to the scg? im going. my first time. seats are with the North fans lower its tipped to be wet is there some undercover GA section u can go to?
It’s a good viewing ground. I was in the brewrongle stand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And frankly as long as Polec is out regardless of tag, that’s enough for me

Not at all because in this case the reports are that Polec has been in a moon boot this week so is also injured. I personally find it more frustrating in the Lazzaro case last week where he's listed as omitted but is apparently injured.

The only benefit to having listing Polec as omitted would be to make fans feel better that he's got the tag of dropped.

Understand your point - but I disagree only fans can be impacted. Regardless of the moon boot or any other injury (either reason can be listed); sometimes conveying an external message can have an internal impact... depends on the player i guess.

You won't find a post of me ever bashing Polec but fmd, something has to change.

Last edited:
Players aren’t stupid. This club can’t be trusted with holding itself to account and all Noble has done has undermined himself by stating there will be consequences and then not following through.

I firmly believe the senior core at the club are letting this club down. More heat needs to come on our leaders. They are a protected species.
With the way you’ve been posting in the last 48 hours I can only think that this is the feeling internally.

Surely there isn’t a rift forming between the senior crew and the next blokes coming through - although those continual words from slobbo re:noble leaving players behind, maybe the first way of putting them on notice.

Give us a response first and foremost, but if you don’t give us the right response you are gone.

The issue for us is we don’t have anything coming through right now that will fill the void. Another year of turning over the older blokes and getting 22 games into the core blokes while letting those on the outside get little tastes and continue to build their strength snd form in the 2s. Bring in another 6-8 through the draft and trade period, but I think we need to pry a few 22-26 year olds off other lists to help fill the gaps.

Patience is required because we clearly have only half a list that is AFL standard, where as you look at Melbourne tonight - they could play 30 through that 22 and still be fine.

Goldy at FF makes me wanna puke. I get that X's endurance might not be at the required standard to ruck solo for a whole game yet but I hate playing two ruckmen, especially when neither of them can push forward or back effectively like the Gawns and Marshalls of the world. Gonna be another long day of getting **** all output from the forwards, I fear. One proper key forward, the only bloke who seemed to be making an effort to link up with the mids last week out cos of covid, against a gun backline, at one of the worst grounds in the league for attacking. Yea this won't be great viewing

Disagree. Give them one week to fix it, then drop players if it happens again.

Even the 1996 premiership side copped a few ten goal beltings. You can't panic based on one game.

We just got pumped by 100+ with many of the same senior players that got pumped by 100+ this time last year.

I would understand this sentiment if last week was a one off but we've won 5 of the last 30-odd games. Our senior players are as culpable, if not more so, than the kids and we gain nothing by playing them because we get pumped when they play regardless.
That’s because we lack depth in experience. It’s not a gain nothing situation, it’s make the kids earn the spot. Xerri is a clear example here. Goldy isn’t going to be making a tilt and he (Xerri) has clearly earned his opportunity and now Goldy starts at FF. That’s development and that’s a senior being dropped. Most positions should be treated the same. If Perez comes in and plays well and keeps his spot then he we will stop Polec coming back in and that’s what we want. Making a statement is what Ken Hinkley needs to do this week - it’s not something that we need to do unless Noble thinks he’s lost the group (and if that has happened already then we need to look at a lot more than Noble).

Unfortunately from here, at least for another year or two, there will be mediocre sh*tmen taking spots from high ceiling prospects but until those prospects have earned their spot they won’t play. It’s worth watching the VFL to see who is tearing games apart at that level and who is putting pressure on. Last week our VFL team was very poor, only Atu showed anything and he has rightly been given a shot this week.

I heard it reported somewhere as a foot issue.

Certainly not due to leather poisoning if so.
He's had this foot issue since he came here. I remember some Port people saying he'd never make it thru his contract cos it would end his career early. There may be something to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back