Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the move of Jack to full forward. If it happens it shows that Nobel knows he's a liability down back.

Either way, Jack is a natural forward and it was his poor kicking for goal that forced his move to the backline.

His aggression and penchant for smashing packs may open up the forward line for our smaller forwards.

Is this not just a wee contradiction in terms? Not that I mind the move, because it's either that or drop him

Is this not just a wee contradiction in terms? Not that I mind the move, because it's either that or drop him
Things might get interesting if he can't find some form up there and we find things work better without him in the backline...

Ziebell doing some forward line work in training this week apparently, he might play forward against the Swans.

If he can recapture that 2018 form he could be serviceable enough and help out Souv.

Why did we even move Ziebell from the forwardline? He had issues with accuracy for sure, kicking 35.29 that year. But that's a lot of shots at goal.

I thought he seemed at home there. He'd be an excellent medium sized forward at the moment, although our backline is pretty depleted for big bodies.

Why did we even move Ziebell from the forwardline? He had issues with accuracy for sure, kicking 35.29 that year. But that's a lot of shots at goal.

I thought he seemed at home there. He'd be an excellent medium sized forward at the moment, although our backline is pretty depleted for big bodies.

Willing to bet there were more shots than that that simply did not register a score.

And it wasn’t just the inaccuracy but also from where. A lot of more that gettable shots where he just melted in front of goal.

Given where we are at injury wise and development wise he’d basically get a run at any point in the ground.

I mean we moved him out of the midfield because he couldn’t play in there with Cunners. This wouldn’t be an issue right now. He could play there, so long as he’s instructed to handball only.

Willing to bet there were more shots than that that simply did not register a score.

And it wasn’t just the inaccuracy but also from where. A lot of more that gettable shots where he just melted in front of goal.

Given where we are at injury wise and development wise he’d basically get a run at any point in the ground.

I mean we moved him out of the midfield because he couldn’t play in there with Cunners. This wouldn’t be an issue right now. He could play there, so long as he’s instructed to handball only.

Yeah, he had a weird problem where he'd miss them from 20m but would seemingly nail everything from 50m+ out lol

Ziebell seems like an alright bloke, but I think your captain needs to be a good enough player that you're not shuffling him through positions to find where he's serviceable. He should hand over the reigns next year.

Because we were going into rebuild mode. They wanted the Luke Hodge quarterback-type role, with a bit of Jeremy McGovern thrown in. He's got the leadership for the former and the size for the latter. And he did it well enough to finish third in the Syd last year.

We're also well-stocked with medium-sized forwards, with Zurhaar, Taylor and Ford, plus Stephenson and Thomas and a few other mids who can kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a weird one...

He can still roost them from 50 too. I just think that his kicking style has changed significantly from his 2013 dominant days... he pokes at the ball rather than kick right through it.

If I wasn't lazy I would make a comparison between his kicking styles from 2013 to 2019/20 etc.

Sydney v North Melbourne at the SCG, 2.40pm AEST

SYDNEY

In:
J.McInerney, S.Reid, P.Ladhams
Out: D.Stephens (omitted), J.Amartey (omitted), T.Hickey (knee), B.Ronke (Medi-Sub)

Last week's sub: B.Ronke (replaced T.Hickey in the third quarter)

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
L.Davies-Uniacke, A.Bosenavulagi, F.Perez
Out: A.Bonar (omitted), J.Polec (injured), T.Powell (injured), E.Ford (HS Protocol)

Last week's sub: A.Bonar (replaced B.McKay in the fourth quarter)

SYDNEY

In:
Out: D.Stephens (omitted), J.Amartey (omitted), T.Hickey (knee), B.Ronke (Medi-Sub)

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
Out: A.Bonar (omitted), J.Polec (injured), T.Powell (injured), E.Ford (HS Protocol)

LOL.

The sub gets omitted and the other three are forced changes.

Incredible.

Good ins.

Don't know about the axe being swung though. Cool to see Bergman listed as an emergency.

Out: injured, injured, protocols, sub

Interested to see whether Ziebell truly does go fwd

SYDNEY

In:

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:

Gutless

Happy Lets Go GIF by ProBit Global

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back