Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but in what world is he more deserving of a game than Tomlinson though?

Sure, his best as a KPD is better, but it's been a long time since we've seen that now. Should be made to actually earn a game.
Goody just seems to like tormenting Tomo. The guy never gets a good run and is dropped as soon as someone Goody likes more is available.

I'm quite happy if Petty is moved back but by crikey I'm gunna rage if he plays forward.

Dropping McAdam seems ****ing dumb to me. Obviously not part of the Goody favourite club yet
Hes been absolute garbage, but yeah, when you bring the guys we brought in it seems pointless. Dropping him for Tholstrup or Sestan and I could have got behind it.

Hes been absolute garbage, but yeah, when you bring the guys we brought in it seems pointless. Dropping him for Tholstrup or Sestan and I could have got behind it.
Would also be ok if others were held to the standard but I could have guessed Tomlinson and McAdam would be scapegoated without even looking
Never gonna drop a regular just drop fringe blokes to make a 'statement'

Would also be ok if others were held to the standard but I could have guessed Tomlinson and McAdam would be scapegoated without even looking
Never gonna drop a regular just drop fringe blokes to make a 'statement'

Yeah this is the issue. In a vacuum it’s fine to drop McAdam, but considering he doesn’t ever drop a senior player it’s just him scapegoating the bottom 6 each week after a bad game.

Yeah this is the issue. In a vacuum it’s fine to drop McAdam, but considering he doesn’t ever drop a senior player it’s just him scapegoating the bottom 6 each week after a bad game.
35 inside 50s or whatever we had and you drop a fringe back and forward. No accountability in the middle of the ground

Lol I can picture the selection meeting. Goody walks in an slams the table
" This is our environment and we need to fix it"

Richo- Ok goody let's talk some names, what about Petr

Goody - "Nope"

AR- Ok what about Oliv

Goody "Nope"

AR- Ok ok fair maybe too big, what about Spar

Goody " nope"

AR- Ok... (Checks who was last picked)
What about McAdam and Tomlinson

Goody " now that's contest and defence, get them out"

AR - What?

Gawn- 14 other teams would be proud of that statement

Meeting ends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I get Tomo and McAdam being dropped. Pies are short up front and Tomo doesn’t exactly play the Lever role. McAdam has not looked up to it since he came in so needs to find form at Casey.
Not convinced on going back to the well at this stage with Billings and Laurie. Would’ve played Woewy a full game and wouldn’t mind seeing Tholstrup again.

I mean I get Tomo and McAdam being dropped. Pies are short up front and Tomo doesn’t exactly play the Lever role. McAdam has not looked up to it since he came in so needs to find form at Casey.
Not convinced on going back to the well at this stage with Billings and Laurie. Would’ve played Woewy a full game and wouldn’t mind seeing Tholstrup again.
Yeah obviously Woey has done something to piss Goody off. He's not a superstar but is solid but continually gets shafted. And poor Tholstrup, plays one game which wasn't terrible and nope, gotta go back to VFL for #learnings until Goody remembers he exists.

Selection integrity is an absolute joke.

One of the reasons that as a coach you are not allowed to have favourites, it breeds complacency and stagnation. Hard and bold calls need to be made. Simon doesn't have the minerals to do it, and he also surrounds himself with "Yes-men" .

Goody has encouraged everyone to be vulnerable this week though. That's a leadership and a massive statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back