Preview Changes/Preview – Round 17 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Not buying that with Fritsch tbh. He's supposed to be our best finisher and goal kicker, having him play a 'defensive role' just shows he shouldn't be in the team IMO. Burns team mates too often, which sometimes you forgive because he finishes the work, but his kicking is shot atm so he's just burning them for no reward. Get him out to sort his kicking and learn to tackle.

I would like to keep Brown in, something there with him, but I'm expecting him to be dropped by Goody given Salem and Bowey could both be options and Brown was out until Bowey missed. The Salem part is me assuming Goody brings him straight back in.

Wouldn't be against dropping Chandler for McAdam tbh. Have to switch some roles around, but could work.
Lord, I'm in agreement with your views on Fritsch and Brown. However, I don't imagine that the coach will ever drop Fritsch.

Not buying that with Fritsch tbh. He's supposed to be our best finisher and goal kicker, having him play a 'defensive role' just shows he shouldn't be in the team IMO.
Don't disagree with that at all, it's moronic. But you don't drop a guy for playing the role asked of him well – that's on Goodwin.

Don't disagree with that at all, it's moronic. But you don't drop a guy for playing the role asked of him well – that's on Goodwin.

Assuming that was his actual role and he did play it well of course... You're right, wouldn't be a surprise from Goody, but given Fritsch still had multiple shots at goal I'm not super convinced.

Assuming that was his actual role and he did play it well of course... You're right, wouldn't be a surprise from Goody, but given Fritsch still had multiple shots at goal I'm not super convinced.
I don't think playing a defensive role and kicking goals are mutually exclusive though (see Melksham kicking 5 on Weitering and 4 on Rance while 'tagging' both). But anyway, semantics.

I don't think playing a defensive role and kicking goals are mutually exclusive though (see Melksham kicking 5 on Weitering and 4 on Rance while 'tagging' both). But anyway, semantics.
That's fair, and yeah it's all academic anyway as Fritsch is absolutely part of the Goody cabal.

Why am I now just realizing we play 3 talks regardless of ability because we just wanna be able to pump it in and not get intercept marked. Wouldn't be surprised if kicking 0 goals doesn't matter as long as you get heaps of spoils

Yeah, Goody loves the "bomb it to a tall in a pack and hope they bring it to ground and we scrap for it" style.

If Petty and Turner got injured he would genuinely probably bring in BBB and Schache to hit our talls quota and "straighten us up".

Why am I now just realizing we play 3 talks regardless of ability because we just wanna be able to pump it in and not get intercept marked. Wouldn't be surprised if kicking 0 goals doesn't matter as long as you get heaps of spoils
I remember Richo basically admitting this on radio last year.

It’s been the plan for a long time.

Play an extra tall in the forward half to mitigate intercepts. Long and deep into the pocket if there’s not a very clear option front and centre.

Don’t let them opposition get a quick rebound on us.

It works until we spend 15 minutes dominating without kicking a ****ing goal and are exhausted for the effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back