Preview Changes/Preview – Round 17 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowey's had an injury interrupted year and struggled for form when he has been in the team. McVee and to a lesser extent Howes have also become trusted distributors off half back which has seen him struggle without a clear role.

With AMW having a decent debut and us having some decent options at half back, I really think we should be giving Bowey another challenge and giving him some time around the ball or at half forward.

He's probably the neatest and most decisive kick in the team when he's playing well.

Our season is largely shot, time to loosen up and give some players some freedom to play new roles. Getting Bowey back to his best, finding the footy, and hitting targets.

I know this isn't a revolutionary idea but would still really like to see it. Also fully aware he isn't going to impact games at half forward if Viney, Clarry and Sparrow are just bombing it over his head.

Bowey's had an injury interrupted year and struggled for form when he has been in the team. McVee and to a lesser extent Howes have also become trusted distributors off half back which has seen him struggle without a clear role.

With AMW having a decent debut and us having some decent options at half back, I really think we should be giving Bowey another challenge and giving him some time around the ball or at half forward.

He's probably the neatest and most decisive kick in the team when he's playing well.

Our season is largely shot, time to loosen up and give some players some freedom to play new roles. Getting Bowey back to his best, finding the footy, and hitting targets.

I know this isn't a revolutionary idea but would still really like to see it. Also fully aware he isn't going to impact games at half forward if Viney, Clarry and Sparrow are just bombing it over his head.

Bowey for Chandler would make total sense atm. 100% won't happen though.

Why am I now just realizing we play 3 talks regardless of ability because we just wanna be able to pump it in and not get intercept marked. Wouldn't be surprised if kicking 0 goals doesn't matter as long as you get heaps of spoils
**** youre slow hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2022 was fine, I didn't think we'd go b2b and we were pretty broken by the time the finals came along, fresh off a flag, and Geelong were playing great footy all year.
2023 was a dagger in the heart though.

Last edited:
Is it Goody's stubbornness, the club's ongoing poor I jury management, or the club being desperate for a good news story?

Probably a little bit of all of the above.
Real 'sell tickets through a father-son debut against a cellar-dweller' areas.

But all are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back