Preview Changes/Preview – Round 17 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melk straight in and named on-field.

Never change, Goodwin.
ron swanson computer GIF

I’d argue this is the most deflating season we’ve had since 2013. 2019 we were still young and we genuinely had a bad injury run.
Lol at people saying the last 3 years gave sucked. We've won more games than any other side since start of 21. Plenty of highlights and great wins. Much better than stuck in the bottom 4 the previous 15 years!! Tough crowd.

Agree this year has been a hard watch mostly.

Lol at people saying the last 3 years gave sucked. We've won more games than any other side since start of 21. Plenty of highlights and great wins. Much better than stuck in the bottom 4 the previous 15 years!! Tough crowd.

22-23 WAS shit to watch though after round 10 of 2022. Going 0-4 in home finals, losing most of our big games, we only placed well in H&A because we were very strong against the bad teams (Which ironically we weren't in 2021). I genuinely gained more satisfaction from watching us in 2016-2018 than I have since the 2021 GF, and I know I'm not alone. Expectation is a hell of a burden.

I dunno, I enjoyed plenty of wins in 2022 and 2023.

That Brisbane game in 2023 where Melk clutched it. That was a sick game of footy. We even kicked a hundo.

I was on a bus in Croatia and the WiFi kept cutting out and I gave up when we were 5 goals down - then it flicked on 40 mins later and we'd won it from nowhere.

Why kick 1.4 when you can kick 0.10?
Post game presser:
Journalists: must be frustrating kicking 10 behinds in the last quarter.

Goody: I'm actually really proud of the boys, to generate 10 scoring shots long and deep in the pocket is our DNA. Then when west coast kicked the last 7 straight, our boys dug deep and had some match winning moments.

Journalists: but west coast won by 15 points.

Goody: yes, but expected scores had us winning by 2 points.

How many of those wins were genuinely enjoyable to watch? Goodwin oversaw a stupidly inefficient gameplan that relied on talent to get us over the line which more often than not couldn't get over the line against QUALITY opposition.

That Brisbane game in 2023 where Melk clutched it. That was a sick game of footy. We even kicked a hundo.

I was on a bus in Croatia and the WiFi kept cutting out and I gave up when we were 5 goals down - then it flicked on 40 mins later and we'd won it from nowhere.
So 1 good game

30-24 since the 10 game streak was over with no finals wins. Definition of a middle of the road team with a shit load of scoreless quarters and low scoring games and maybe 5 enjoyable wins at best in that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 1 good game

30-24 since the 10 game streak was over with no finals wins. Definition of a middle of the road team with a shit load of scoreless quarters and low scoring games and maybe 5 enjoyable wins at best in that time
That Brisbane game we played like genuine arse until the last 10 minutes as well 😂😂.

I enjoyed it too mate.

The problem was there was still 24 other games we played that season.

That Brisbane game we played like genuine arse until the last 10 minutes as well 😂😂.
Plus how many times did we play a bottom team, get 25 points up at quarter time and then go neck and neck for the rest of the game

Sposed to be the most talented Melbourne list ever with all time greats according to some people and outside the COVID effected year we've won 2 finals in 7 years and probably gonna make that 2 in 8 years. Wow what a journey!! Thank-you simon!

I don’t hate the team. Turner to play a defensive role on mcgovern/barrass and jvr and melk to be the main targets?

This year they can move someone to the emergencies up until final selection tomorrow I’m pretty sure - even if they are initially named on the field.

That said, when you watch the way they announced it internally it does look like he’s going to play.

Ffs, like I do like Melk but what's the ****ing point? Guys missed a year and is notoriously slow starting. Why?

Did we ever rock up to the MCG and flog Collingwood for 4 quarters? Carlton? (Kozzy goal was great, but we played like arse) Essendon even? Nup, we grinded out boring crap not worth gloating, even to the most nuffie Collingwood supporter over. After 10 years of being one the worst teams of all time, what could have been a golden era is finished & as fans we don't have the memories at the MCG that we should.

We've been less than the sum of our parts since 21' and been ****ing boring to watch. I'm sorry but I can't see how any fan can be happy with that.

Did we ever rock up to the MCG and flog Collingwood for 4 quarters? Carlton? (Kozzy goal was great, but we played like arse) Essendon even? Nup, we grinded out boring crap not worth gloating, even to the most nuffie Collingwood supporter over. After 10 years of being one the worst teams of all time, what could have been a golden era is finished & as fans we don't have the memories at the MCG that we should.

We've been less than the sum of our parts since 21' and been ****ing boring to watch. I'm sorry but I can't see how any fan can be happy with that.
Not one home prelim in 8 years. What an amazing club 🤩 👏

I'm sorry but I can't see how any fan can be happy with that.
you guys do realise that 90% of footy fans, mostly the older demographic, just rock up to games and if we win, they’re happy. not everyone analyses the game plan all time and dives into the interior of the club.

I understand why we’re all eternal pessimists having watched this team all our lives, but yeah thats why in general you see most fans happy when we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back