Preview Changes/Preview – Round 23 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not committed to Grundy, but definitely sounded like we will be playing another useless tall forward moving forward over the coming weeks, be it Brown or TMac.

Pack it up. We are done if so. Best chance for that not to happen would likely be for us to kick a s**t tonne of goals this week, if not I think Brown or TMac back in against the Swans is pretty much a lock.
A bit hysterical here, methinks. They obviously don't want JVR as both the only key forward and the second ruck. We're not "done" if they pick Grundy or Smith this week, that's just silly.

Reminder: Brown played against Brisbane and St Kilda. Smith played forward against the Pies. We've had some good wins with useless key forwards playing, and kicked some big scores to boot.

Obviously we'd all prefer they didn't play, but do think about the alternative for a moment too. Who leads the forwardline when JVR is rucking? A slow-again Melksham? Petracca? When Fritsch comes back, hopefully there'll be an easier solution.

Not committed to Grundy, but definitely sounded like we will be playing another useless tall forward moving forward over the coming weeks, be it Brown or TMac.

Pack it up. We are done if so. Best chance for that not to happen would likely be for us to kick a s**t tonne of goals this week, if not I think Brown or TMac back in against the Swans is pretty much a lock.
Shrek Film Wedding GIF by PeacockTV

Obviously we'd all prefer they didn't play, but do think about the alternative for a moment too. Who leads the forwardline when JVR is rucking? A slow-again Melksham? Petracca? When Fritsch comes back, hopefully there'll be an easier solution.

That's correct. I don't think anybody would mind rolling with a forwardline of Fritsch/JVR as the two marking forwards and not including another tall for the sake of it, but to be fair to the selectors the problem is if you're going with both a small forwardline and one ruckman you still need to have some contingency plan in the side.

We really need Fristch back and Smith as sub to have some cover. Even then if Gawn goes down JVR is really the only choice to carry the ruck for the rest of the day.

It's sad to say but bloody hell we could use a Cam Pedersen right now with the predicament we're in.

May I boldly suggest that you attack the argument(s) rather than arguer(s).
I thought writing people off as hysterical went out of vogue in the late 19th century.

Appreciate you sticking up for me mate, Tulip is a bully.

Appreciate you sticking up for me mate, Tulip is a bully.
If there's anything I can do to support you at this difficult time, please let me know <3

It's sad to say but bloody hell we could use a Cam Pedersen right now with the predicament we're in.
Sad? I would give up a first for a young Pedersen any day of the week. Loved the bloke.

Out: Grundy , Jordan, Salem - tired of this media driven narrative that he's a good kick, he's not damaging and slows rebounds down with his dinky kicks which invite pressure, Bowie - if you're not going to be damaging on the attack you better learn to defend.
In: Hibberd, two of(Spargo/Laurie/Woey, whoever plays best at Casey), Tomlinson.

Smith takes Grundy's forward position.

McVee takes Bowie's more attacking role, he can attack just as well as Bowie but can defend as well.

Hibbo takes McVee's lockdown position.

Tomo frees up Lever.

Brayshaw takes Salem's defensive position, he's a better defender and genuine intercept mark threat. His kicking can be wayward but at least he tries to be inventive and damaging with his kicks.

Viney takes Brayshaw's more defensive midfield role which hopefully keeps him and Oliver from fighting for the same ground ball.

Sparrow gets more midfield time covering Brayshaw.

Spargo/Laurie/Woey replace Jordan, but play half forward with Pickett and Chandler taking Jordan's midfield time. Chandler played big midfield minutes at Casey the last two years and did it well, brings similar energy and attributes as Pickett.

Salem to sub.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well thought out ; comprehensive
I like mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy dropped is the talk around socials.
See, now Goody is disproving the drug allegations by making sensible team selections.

Think About It GIF by Identity

INS - Spargo, Laurie, Schache, Tomlinson
OUTS - Hibberd (Round 22 Sub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back