Preview Changes/Preview – Round 5 vs. Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out:
May - hopelessly out of position in the third where he was only able to spoil rather than mark.
JVR - Chris Dawes would be better. It’s CHB or bust now.
McVee - totally one sided and let Rankine have four shots at goal.
Windsor - looks a bigger bust than Sam Weideman
Lever - sick of his low IQ. Could’ve marked that spoil in the 3rd.
Gawn - flogged by Stephen O’Reilly

In: Adams, Jefferson, Schache, Verrall, Fullarton, Farris-White

He had some poor moments but he created three shots on goal, I'd rather keep him in.
I wasn’t dazzled with Billings’ tackle attempts. Several times a Crows player just went through the tackle like it wasn’t even there.

If Billings isn’t going to tackle effectively he’s got to nail more of those shots at goal to make up for it.

The media are pretty much demanding Kozzie gets a holiday, the same media that defended Maynard . Hopefully only one week .
Racist media. If Maynard was black they would have demanded 5 weeks. Disgusting.

Out:
May - hopelessly out of position in the third where he was only able to spoil rather than mark.
JVR - Chris Dawes would be better. It’s CHB or bust now.
McVee - totally one sided and let Rankine have four shots at goal.
Windsor - looks a bigger bust than Sam Weideman
Lever - sick of his low IQ. Could’ve marked that spoil in the 3rd.
Gawn - flogged by Stephen O’Reilly

In: Adams, Jefferson, Schache, Verrall, Fullarton, Farris-White
Some nice changes. Need more height, not enough contested marks from dump kicks.

Would AMW be close to a debut? I think he's been playing consistently good footy at VFL level this year.

Brissie have heaps of dangerous mid/small forwards, so another small defender could be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's a low bar but to be fair to Brown he has been much better this year at making sure the ball comes to ground in a contest. I think the key has been him stopping pretending he might mark it and just clumsily running into the defenders. I'd keep him in for now considering JVR is struggling up forward and only really getting involved when he rucks.

I'd be happy to see Woey play, if Kosi is rubbed out assume that will happen.

It's a low bar but to be fair to Brown he has been much better this year at making sure the ball comes to ground in a contest. I think the key has been him stopping pretending he might mark it and just clumsily running into the defenders. I'd keep him in for now considering JVR is struggling up forward and only really getting involved when he rucks.

I'd be happy to see Woey play, if Kosi is rubbed out assume that will happen.
Agree with this. I haven't looked at the stats, but I haven't noticed too many intercept marks in our forward half. He's making a contest, bringing the ball to ground and giving our smalls a chance to get involved. I'd love more output, but it's a question whether another mid/small fwd would provide enough of a contest to then contribute at ground level

He even laid a f50 tackle last night. How good!

I agree. his best is great. but geez, starting every game -12 because you know Lever will do at least 2 mind boggling mistakes is a hard pill to take. You don't want your defenders to be your dumbest players. That's why McVee is so good.
Thoughts on Kozzie then?
Guaranteed to give away a stupid free almost every game that releases the pressure and costs us a goal.

No player is perfect. You take the good with the bad. Lever's net return would easily cover those brain fades which I agree, he has with frustrating regularity. They're bloody annoying in the moment, but we simply don't have another player that has his leadership presence and intercepting ability in the backline. He has to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time Pickett missed it was Laurie who got the spot. Laurie was an emergency held over for the Port game and the Adelaide game so he’s still in the selection frame. If Pickett gets a suspension that’s the most likely selection outcome.

As much as some won’t like this, if Windsor is labouring at all or a bit sore I wouldn’t mind him as a sub. His pace injected late in the third or the last quarter could be telling. Woewodin either needs a full game at AFL level or play a full game with Casey.

Last time Pickett missed it was Laurie who got the spot. Laurie was an emergency held over for the Port game and the Adelaide game so he’s still in the selection frame. If Pickett gets a suspension that’s the most likely selection outcome.

As much as some won’t like this, if Windsor is labouring at all or a bit sore I wouldn’t mind him as a sub. His pace injected late in the third or the last quarter could be telling. Woewodin either needs a full game at AFL level or play a full game with Casey.

Agree on the Laurie call (unfortunately). Bye coming up so don't reckon Windsor needs a rest in the game before it.

Reckon it potentially could be:

OUT: Pickett, Brown
IN: Laurie, Tholstrup (wouldn't mind him, Sestan or AMW tbh)

Woewodin to start, Billings as sub

Racist media. If Maynard was black they would have demanded 5 weeks. Disgusting.
Any chance you could give this trope a rest?

When only Topkent thinks you’re funny you’ve got to start thinking it’s time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back