Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

As uncompetitive as Schache can be in contests, given Brown’s body looks shot then Schache has the best forward craft of the Petty replacement options.

Schache chooses and times his leads well. He’s such a good kick he can lead to pockets and still convert.

bring Hibberd or Tommo back in depending on match ups and make Smith the sub again.

i'd also bring Schache in for Petty so JVR can stay forward and not have to ruck.

is Oliver back this week or what? we need to be rid of at least one of Harmes or Jordon. i'd drop Harmes because Jordon actually seems to get a bit better as the game slows down, unlike Harmes who just stays shit for the whole game.

bring Hibberd or Tommo back in depending on match ups and make Smith the sub again.

i'd also bring Schache in for Petty so JVR can stay forward and not have to ruck.

is Oliver back this week or what? we need to be rid of at least one of Harmes or Jordon. i'd drop Harmes because Jordon actually seems to get a bit better as the game slows down, unlike Harmes who just stays s**t for the whole game.
Coach seemed pretty sure Oliver will play .

This game is going to be huge. Two best performing sides over the past two months. Would be disappointed if there was less than 80k at the game. Can't wait.

As uncompetitive as Schache can be in contests, given Brown’s body looks shot then Schache has the best forward craft of the Petty replacement options.

Schache chooses and times his leads well. He’s such a good kick he can lead to pockets and still convert.

One of Brown or Schache has to come in but I’m surprised at the love for Schache (especially some of the names who ‘likes’ your post Lampers) given how much Schache gets potted around here by those same posters.

Brown’s the one for mine. The only player we have who can really stretch and worry Weitering with his height. Plus, as I keep telling you guys, he creates space and opportunities for our smalls.

It’s BBB time lads. I know it. You know it. Embrace it. 🤡🤗

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is going to be huge. Two best performing sides over the past two months. Would be disappointed if there was less than 80k at the game. Can't wait.

Im going to try and get along. Should be a NICE TIME

Harmes is so ****ing bad it’s intolerable. I’d just play Petracca forward full time this week, no point bringing in Brown or Schache to stink it up this close to finals when their role will be lost to Petty or even Fritsch in a few weeks anyway.

Would also throw Smith forward and bring Tomlinson in as the second KPD.

Harmes is so ******* bad it’s intolerable. I’d just play Petracca forward full time this week, no point bringing in Brown or Schache to stink it up this close to finals when their role will be lost to Petty or even Fritsch in a few weeks anyway.

Would also throw Smith forward and bring Tomlinson in as the second KPD.

None of the forward options are good, but I like the Smith, JVR, Melk and Trac idea the most I think. Especially if Oliver is back in the midfield.

When Tomo is in, May and Lever look so much better.

We need someone other than just JVR to compete in the air up forward otherwise Weitering will dominate. Blues apparently have the best rated defence since Round 10, now is not the time to go with one genuine tall target.

Obviously has his deficiencies up forward but Grundy in for mine - probably not the worst thing in world to have him backing up Gawn in lieu of JVR given the Blues will have two genuine rucks in their team.

Ideally Harmes and Jordan both out too but feel Jordan will get a reprieve.

Why don't we think outside the normal suspects and bring in Jefferson for Petty?
I've always said mores is a great contributor to the dees board.

We need someone other than just JVR to compete in the air up forward otherwise Weitering will dominate. Blues apparently have the best rated defence since Round 10, now is not the time to go with one genuine tall target.

Obviously has his deficiencies up forward but Grundy in for mine - probably not the worst thing in world to have him backing up Gawn in lieu of JVR given the Blues will have two genuine rucks in their team.

Ideally Harmes and Jordan both out too but feel Jordan will get a reprieve.
Between Trac, Smith and Melksham who can all play tall they should be able to keep Weitering from owning JVR in the air. Carlton have played seven of the bottom nine teams since R10, you'd hope their defence would rank well. But generally speaking it's still pox.

Oliver for Harmes hopefully. Harmes has to be dropped, he was appalling.
Woey back in as a half forward for Jordon too.

There's a few ways we can go for replacing Petty. My preferred for this week would be to push Smith forward from the start and bring Hibbo in for Petty. If that's the case I'd start Grundy as sub.

Another option I suspect they'll strongly consider is Grundy forward and Hibbo sub. If (or when) Grundy doesn't work you sub him out tactically soon after half time and push Smith forward. I'm not against that to be honest, although I know others will be.

Not thrilled with the idea of bringing Brown in, he's just not mobile enough to bring the ball to ground often enough.

Longer term I still like Smith as sub but doubt that can happen until we get the forwardline settled again.

season 6 GIF

A lot of respect for Goodwin and your Mob. Would have loved to have been at full strength and seen an absolute war in the midfield.
Hoping for a cracking game and no injuries

Why are we bringing Tomlinson back in? Wasn't it only last week where everyone was saying 'that's the last I want to see of Tommo?'. Obviously Petty's injury changes things. But I'd rather see Hibberd play on a tall than bring in Tommo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back