Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what most of us want. Best of luck getting through to Goody, though.

That being said, if Port also beats Richmond, we can't move from fourth so, while the game would be a dead rubber for us, there's no real incentive to lose.
Good point didn’t think about if Port win you guys can’t move from 4th. In that case I guess it doesn’t make sense to mess with winning form.

For the Swans if St Kilda lose we will be playing for a home final. We can also jump Carlton but that means them losing and us making up 4.5% on them and of course we won’t know the result until after our game.

If Pies beat Bombers and Lions beat St Kilda do you think that you guys would try to drop the game against us to remain 4th and play Pies at the MCG in a qualifying final rather then Brisbane away?

I would back you guys against Pies at Home or Lions away but potentially not having to travel for the whole final series would be a good advantage to have!

Do we think that we would deliberately lose a round 24 game to try and select our opposition week 1 of the finals?

.......No.

Schache as sub is the same logic as Smith as sub, with the added versatility of being a ruck but without having played KPD recently. He was a non factor but I liked the decision. We also played 4 small forwards so could easily have covered a mid if one was injured

Do we think that we would deliberately lose a round 24 game to try and select our opposition week 1 of the finals?

.......No.
Yeah I'd much rather go into week 1 at the Gabba having won a game rather than week 1 at the G having just dropped one. Never mind the implications of trying to lose. Momentum is everything in the finals IMO.

Yeah I'd much rather go into week 1 at the Gabba having won a game rather than week 1 at the G having just dropped one. Never mind the implications of trying to lose. Momentum is everything in the finals IMO.

Certainly helped us last year when we beat the Lions at the Gabba in round 23.:moustache:

Having all of our stars available for selection far more important than winning this week.

Last edited:
Certainly helped us last year when we beat the Lions at the Gabba in round 23.:moustache:

Having all of stars available for selection far more important than winning this week.

True, but when you factor in likelihood of an injury vs a combined issue of lost momentum, team morale, team cohesion, match fitness and just how slow out of the blocks players are with just one week off...

It's still a risk either way, but I'd just go with best team available. We go most weeks without an injury, no point running scared of one now.

Yes, I'm well aware I just jinxed us into an injury.

If we're comfortably up they can start benching the stars.

Bit like when you find out the ex-girlfriend is visiting town, get a funny feeling, think sure why not I'd love to catch up for a drink! That's how I feel about tanking anyway, I get a bit nostalgic over it, the tank has pulled over on the avenue, I've mulled it over a bit and I wouldn't mind walking over and saying hello, call it "old times sake" or whatever you want.

Last edited:
Bit like when you find out the ex-girlfriend is visiting town, get a funny feeling, think sure why not I'd love to catch up for a drink! That's how I feel about tanking anyway, I get a bit nostalgic over it, the tank has pulled over on the avenue, I've mulled it over a bit and I just wouldn't mind walking over and saying hello, call it "old times sake" or whatever you want.
Similar dirty feelings the morning after too.

if Collingwood wins on Friday and Port wins their last two, meaning us winning is the difference between playing Pies at the G vs Lions at the Gabba, maybe we look at resting a couple if anyone's sore.
James Franco Flirt GIF

Having all of our stars available for selection far more important than winning this week.

Resting players is fine, and sensible IMO.

Old mate was suggesting we deliberately lose to try and get a certain match up, which is a totally different thing.

I’d still expect to beat Sydney with Gawn and Trac resting. Them chugging around at low intensity didn’t add much last weekend.

Old mate was suggesting we deliberately lose to try and get a certain match up, which is a totally different thing.

I’d still expect to beat Sydney with Gawn and Trac resting. Them chugging around at low intensity didn’t add much last weekend.

You dont tell the players to throw the game, thats ******ed, as I said earlier you just rest heaps and say im doing this coz I want you fit for a qualifying final. If you become disenchanted over that as a player youre stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy and Harmes/Dunston straight swaps if that's the case which i have no issue with

May looked proppy at the end of the game, didn't think much of it at the time, but just heard someone else bring it up when calling in to SEN, could be a watch potentially.

Made even more ridiculous that he subbed him on in the middle of the fourth quarter. At least give him some time to get into the game.
Game was live until about 7-8 mins into the quarter to be fair

You dont tell the players to throw the game
Why not.

"Alright boys, you can stay home with your kids next weekend, absolutely smash Collingwood in front of 100,000 people at the home of football, then get a week off to have a few pints and punts down at the Ninch. Or, you can pack your suitcases for a steaming shithole, play to a crowd of ferals against a team in white-hot form with home-crowd umpiring, and probably end up playing an extra game. Choice is yours fellas!"

You dont tell the players to throw the game, thats ******ed, as I said earlier you just rest heaps and say im doing this coz I want you fit for a qualifying final. If you become disenchanted over that as a player youre stupid.
Trac has a chance to win the Coaches assoc award and maybe a Brownlow. I think he'd be filthy given the week after is a rest, and possibly 2 weeks after that if we win the QF.

I'd much prefer us to go in with our best team and treat it like everything's on the line. Doing that for the next 4 games is our best chance of winning a flag.

Michael Jordan played every game in the Bulls 72-10 season despite Chicago having top spot sewn up with 15 games remaining in the regular season.

Why not.

"Alright boys, you can stay home with your kids next weekend, absolutely smash Collingwood in front of 100,000 people at the home of football, then get a week off to have a few pints and punts down at the Ninch. Or, you can pack your suitcases for a steaming shithole, play to a crowd of ferals against a team in white-hot form with home-crowd umpiring, and probably end up playing an extra game. Choice is yours fellas!"

Nek minute we go out in straight sets once again

Trac has a chance to win the Coaches assoc award and maybe a Brownlow. I think he'd be filthy given the week after is a rest, and possibly 2 weeks after that if we win the QF.

I'd much prefer us to go in with our best team and treat it like everything's on the line. Doing that for the next 4 games is our best chance of winning a flag.

Michael Jordan played every game in the Bulls 72-10 season despite Chicago having top spot sewn up with 15 games remaining in the regular season.

Brutal sport basketball. So many injuries.

Who else do we have LOL

Jordon is far worse

Woewodin or Spargo play if Trac is rested. You don't need another mid, we've got Oliver Viney Gus Sparrow and Kosi all going through there.

And no, Jordon is not behind Harmes and Dunstan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back