Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, wouldnt want to not play as well as we have the past two weeks, dont want to mess that up, in ripping form.
Stumbling in having tanked the last game would serve our chances better?
We haven't set the world on fire but fought through shit periods against solid opposition. I'd rather we try and build on that to hit finals with some form/belief/consistency than drop a bunch of blokes (and probably the game) to avoid injuries.

Who cares about where and who we play in finals. If we are good enough to win the flag, we need to beat whoever we face.
Better to face those the interstate teams at our own home ground where they don't play so good though.

2021 we were the best team in it, anyone anywhere anytime etc.
This year I don't think the gap is wide between anyone, I'll take whatever advantage I can get to pinch one.

Better to face those the interstate teams at our own home ground where they don't play so good though.

2021 we were the best team in it, anyone anywhere anytime etc.
This year I don't think the gap is wide between anyone, I'll take whatever advantage I can get to pinch one.

It is out of Melbourne's control anyways. So the team just has to take whatever comes.

Smashing the Lions in round 23 worked so well for us last year. Lets do it again.

This is the dumbest logic, honestly. Not just the logic of losing, but the logic of thinking the situation was exactly the same last year and marries up to this year in any way. You could extrapolate this out to anything, it's meaningless for this year.

This is the dumbest logic, honestly. Not just the logic of losing, but the logic of thinking the situation was exactly the same last year and marries up to this year in any way. You could extrapolate this out to anything, it's meaningless for this year.

Almost as dumb as saying we need to win this week to have a good finals campaign. Almost.

Almost as dumb as saying we need to win this week to have a good finals campaign. Almost.
Sure, a win this week doesn't guarantee we win or do any good in finals. But for all the self-flagellation we've collectively had this year over our form, I'd rather go into finals with wins (or at least our best squad playing together trying to win), rather than dick around with the lineup in the last week to rest blokes from equally unforseeable injuries (that also might never eventuate). In any case no one's ever hurt themselves at training or while pissing about on a bye week, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resting players is fine, and sensible IMO.

Old mate was suggesting we deliberately lose to try and get a certain match up, which is a totally different thing.

I’d still expect to beat Sydney with Gawn and Trac resting. Them chugging around at low intensity didn’t add much last weekend.
We'll know the lay of the land Friday night, after the Pies/Bombers game.

It sure did, and trying to win to finish in the same spot we are now is completely the same as trying to win for top spot.

Momentum and form are keys to final success. I get we're still learning this stuff as Dees fans, but that's how it is.

If they've got the flu they'd be completely fine by Friday training let alone Sunday.
homer simpson GIF

tbh, Trac played like he was crook last weekend. Remember the Freo game last year too where he was a mile off the pace when under the weather.
Just glad we're getting sick now and not two weeks from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back