Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Goody's most likely move is Smith back and TMac in as it stands currently.
I agree. Would like Laurie to get another game, but think we'll sacrifice a small to fit Fritsch in.

Yep 100%. Big credit to Melksham for making such a big go of it.
Liked the way Melksham leaped at it all day, but 3 from 9 scoring shots is a pretty shit day in the end. Hopefully the motivation of playing finals and going for the flag will have him motivated.

Goody's presser: 'Yeah we'll see Bayley (Fritsch) back next week'

Also mentioned TMac first then gave some unconvincing credit to Schache and (less so unconvincing) Smith.

Liked the way Melksham leaped at it all day, but 3 from 9 scoring shots is a pretty s**t day in the end. Hopefully the motivation of playing finals and going for the flag will have him motivated.

Normally a great kick so will give him a Mulligan, but Melksham playing a game like that against (mostly) Sicily is not something any of us would have expected at the start of the year.

I’d be resting Trac and Gawn. It’s basicially a dead rubber and an injury to either is a disaster for finals.

2 weeks off to freshen them both up would be perfect.

Grundy and Woey in for those two.

I'd be wary of resting blokes, there's a bye week for that. We're not exactly coming in hot so I'd rather we give guys a chance to find some form before finals.
Tempted to go unchanged; suspect Goody drops Tomo for McDonald though
Goodwin said no resting unless they're 'forced' to. Suppose that means anyone overly sore could get a week, but they're not going to arbitrarily rest players.

Only way I'd bring in McDonald is if we're going to chuck him back to fullback for the week to see if he can offer more than Tommo. (This is not me suggesting it, just prefer him not ******* up the forward line)
I'd understand these concerns if it was September, but the forward line is nowhere near functional enough for McDonald to **** it up. He will be told to play as a roaming CHF, and if he can't do it and sits in the goal square like against the Eagles and Bombers, he won't play finals. Goodwin, to his credit, has shown he's unafraid to drop anyone this year.

I'd understand these concerns if it was September, but the forward line is nowhere near functional enough for McDonald to * it up. He will be told to play as a roaming CHF, and if he can't do it and sits in the goal square like against the Eagles and Bombers, he won't play finals. Goodwin, to his credit, has shown he's unafraid to drop anyone this year.
He's become selfish and brings his man into contests he shouldn't and brings no defensive pressure. Seems about as pointless as having Schache trialled to me. Every serious team tries to switch constantly against us now or run it out to prevent going down the line. I don't want to see any of our cooked candidates standing around with hands on hips while teams launch out of D50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's become selfish and brings his man into contests he shouldn't and brings no defensive pressure. Seems about as pointless as having Schache trialled to me. Every serious team tries to switch constantly against us now or run it out to prevent going down the line. I don't want to see any of our cooked candidates standing around with hands on hips while teams launch out of D50.
Obviously he's not the player he used to be, but I really don't see the downside in playing him next week. The game vs the Swans is pretty much a discovery mission. Tom was drafted at pick 53 and has come back from multiple serious injuries over the years. You couldn't accuse him of being unmotivated as a rule, even if the tank is almost empty now, and the allure of a flag will be powerful.

OUT: Laurie, Bowey
IN: Fritsch, Hibbo.
Word is Hibbo potentially concussed.

I reckon they will want both McDonald and Fritsch in.

Clearly Schache is out as the sub. I’d put Smith to the sub.

Laurie would then be the other to make way on a Last In First Out basis.

Fritsch is a decent half forward flanker, he could play higher and replace Laurie and McDonald replaces Smith.

They could try several different forward structure looks against Sydney and sub out one of Tomlinson or McDonald mid game for Smith to get another look. A finals final forward line dress rehearsal.

I reckon Bowey is on thin ice but there’s nobody obvious to replace him if Hibberd is in concussion protocols.

They could do some funky things like move Brayshaw back for Bowey and have Trac playing mostly mid, and keeping another smaller forward in the team like Laurie or Spargo. But that’s too disruptive and I think they like Brayshaw as a mid now.

Word is Hibbo potentially concussed.

I reckon they will want both McDonald and Fritsch in.

Clearly Schache is out as the sub. I’d put Smith to the sub.

Laurie would then be the other to make way on a Last In First Out basis.

Fritsch is a decent half forward flanker, he could play higher and replace Laurie and McDonald replaces Smith.

They could try several different forward structure looks against Sydney and sub out one of Tomlinson or McDonald mid game for Smith to get another look. A finals final forward line dress rehearsal.

I reckon Bowey is on thin ice but there’s nobody obvious to replace him if Hibberd is in concussion protocols.

They could do some funky things like move Brayshaw back for Bowey and have Trac playing mostly mid, and keeping another smaller forward in the team like Laurie or Spargo. But that’s too disruptive and I think they like Brayshaw as a mid now.
Brayshaw's midfield pressure today was first class. Reckon he saved a few Hawthorn goals on his own, given how easily they marched the ball past Clarry. I've been uber critical this year, but he's gone back and is doing the fundamentals right again. Wouldn't be shocked if Goodwin got in his ear very quietly at the midway point of the year and told him he was very close to playing at Casey.

r234015_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Just for this week.

I don't recall ever being charged for tanking, Tulip. :moustache:
You're right. We were charged for not tanking, which still sounds as ridiculous as it did in 2013. Fun fact, the bloke who broke that story - Mick Warner!

Yeah well you have a bizarre hate for Tomlinson but you don't see me making a big deal about it chief
You been taking a posting relevance course from the #ARG, muscles?

You posted a picture of Todd Viney and said 'let's tank again', not sure why 'lmao' has you so upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back