Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out - Burton (inj), Boak
In - Bonner, Fantasia (sub)

Boaky just looking off the pace, sad to see but father time has caught up with him.
Perhaps a run in the 2’s would be of huge benefit to Boaky? I reckon he could shine at Elizabeth next Saturday.

AFL - 2023 Season
Minor Round, Week 24

PORT ADELAIDE POWER v RICHMOND TIGERS
Port Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, South Australia

pao-jpg.653418

"Just like in Milan, the city stadium changes its name depending on which club is hosting the match. Well, at least, it should..."

Preview to be written in a later time. If not, please, just go on as usual.

When I scheduled this, it was Week 17, we were 2nd on the ladder, and we would host a match against Gold Coast while attempting to increase our winning streak to 13 games.

UPDATE

We won the match against the Suns. We proceeded losing 4 in a row. Then, we beat the Giants, Hinkley had his contract extended, and we had our first win at Optus against Freo.

We’ve clinched a Top-4 finish. We are trying to get into the Top-3.

My level of excitement is near zero. But, who knows? Let’s enjoy it one week at time.

Richmond by 4.

Last edited:
Its been a good year, we're starting to build some momentum into finals so we must win this one and in confidence boosting fashion, with no injuries, to set ourselves up for an unlikely tilt at the flag from what looks like 3rd place.

Port by 43 points.

The important games of the round for me are Bris v Saints for obvious reasons, and we'll know the outcome before our game. Though the real big game is actually Centrals v the Maggies. If we are to pull off some September miracle, we need that reserves side playing as deep into the year as possible to ensure we have backup that has been playing footy ready to go.

AFL - 2023 Season
Minor Round, Week 24

pao-jpg.653418

"Just like in Milan, the city stadium changes its name depending on which club is hosting the match. Well, at least, it should..."

When I scheduled this, it was Week 17, we were 2nd on the ladder, and we would host a match against Gold Coast while attempting to increase our winning streak to 13 games.

UPDATE

We won the match against the Suns. We proceeded losing 4 in a row. Then, we beat the Giants, Hinkley had his contract extended, and we had our first win at Optus against Freo.

My level of excitement is near zero. But, who knows? Let’s enjoy it one week at time.

Richmond by 4.

The OP is #33, but it’s fine. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak either plays a full AFL game or plays SANFL. Can't have three weeks in a row without a full game of football, going into another bye.

I think it ends up being

Out Burton
In Boak, Evans (Sub)

Bergman plays back and Boak plays wing.

Last edited:
Unless Burtons injured , probably going unchanged. Just maybe Fanta gets a go, to see if he can survive at this level. Rozee looked a bit off tonight, got a slight knock early, havent seen him caught so many times before.
He usually keeps his feet and the tackle slides off.

The optus surface was very slippery and Rozee kept going to ground

AFL - 2023 Season
Minor Round, Week 24

pao-jpg.653418

UPDATE

Richmond by 4.

TeeKray I forgot that GremioPower always does the preview for the final round of the home and away season.

Can you please make this post of his the OP of this thread?

The funny part about Boak is we gave him a lot of shit for performing badly at HFF, averaging a poultry 15 touches a game. Yet McEntee with his 10 touches and several fumbles and mistakes doesn't get the same attention.

We're probably better off playing Boak at HFF than McEntee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back