Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want McEntee out of the team so badly. Just has no AFL attributes. A plodder if you will.
I'm hoping Fantasia is in. He's a weapon IF he can stay on the park (wishful thinking I know).
McEntee has the worst role in footy and does it with gratitude and gives his all every week. He's also the most dependable set shot in the team.

Fantasia in?
No, he needs to play at least three games in a row in the SANFL to prove his body will hold up.
I reckon two or three snags in one more game and then un-leash him in September.

Albeit, he clutched the back of his thigh in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to talk about rewarding things, how about rewarding a guy who has done the hard yards, come into the system late, works hard in a thankless role and presents himself as a team first professional athlete rather than some unprofessional pisstake with the body of a teenager who came to the club on good coin and has delivered stuff all?

You want to talk about rewarding things, how about rewarding a guy who has done the hard yards, come into the system late, works hard in a thankless role and presents himself as a team first professional athlete rather than some unprofessional pisstake with the body of a teenager who came to the club on good coin and has delivered stuff all?
McEntee is playing very well and Fantasia didn't get through the SANFL game so theres no reason to be talking about either of them. Wait till the injury report, but going on previous form hes probably gonna miss a few weeks.

Or pick whoever is most likely to help us win, which should be the only criteria.

You could pick Fantasia this week and see if he gets through a game, you couldn't pick him in a final if not.
Exactly what I’d be doing this week.

You want to talk about rewarding things, how about rewarding a guy who has done the hard yards, come into the system late, works hard in a thankless role and presents himself as a team first professional athlete
I could do all those things, and I'd kick nearly as many goals as McEntee too.

I wouldn’t be changing much, need to try and settle the line up. Ollie lord needs to do more though, he is the main concern in the line up.

Could be a chance to roll the dice on fantasia this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there somewhere you can see player ratings over time for a player?

Would love to see McEntees ratings as the year has progressed. Honestly, his early season form was a massive surprise, it was worthy of his games and his extensions. The fumbling, poorly skilled player suddenly turned into a workhorse that was effective and won the in and under ball, whilst applying good pressure.

There's no doubt though that since that early season surprising form, he has dropped off massively. There's patches of games he gets involved, then there's the regular fumbles and mistakes when he goes missing for large patches. He's still got a role to play into the future and is developing well for a kid, but sheesh you can't keep rewarding such poor form when you have someone like Evans who is playing sensationally.

McEntee reminds me a bit of Josh Mahoney in 2004, Brett Ebert was the better player but Mahoney was playing his role and doing what was asked of him so stayed in the side and unfortunately Brett missed out on a flag.

Francis Evans ain’t no Brett Ebert but I can see how many would think he is the better player and jed is keeping him out of the side but maybe they’re separate roles and jed has specific attributes they’re looking for.

Probably splitting hairs.

One thing I like about Jed that literally no one else in our side seems to have is a very reliable set shot. 14.2 for the year.

He is doing okay and is improving and seems to have a good attitude and temperament that I think can be a positive influence in finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back