Preview Changes/Preview v GWS in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is a classic set up, win by anything less than an annihilation and disappointment will ensue. Lose and it’s almost fold the club time again.
Eh Giants are playing pretty well at the moment. More about the way we play than the final margin for mine.

Eh Giants are playing pretty well at the moment. More about the way we play than the final margin for mine.
Correct, if we win 101-100 but it's a cracking game I'll be happy. If we win 60-38 and it's just a long bomb defensive slog it'll be like the game didn't happen

Absolutely. I'm so sick of watching the slop we dish up every week, win or lose. The Collingwood game was the only decent game to watch we've played all year.
Part of me thinks the giant crowd was what made it enjoyable aswell, same game happens against GWS and I probably hate it. Low score, super innacurate kicking and nearly lost

Have been watching GWS a fair bit lately, they play an attractive attacking brand and will leak some goals, not going to be falling for we are back on track if we kick 100 points this week. I need to see it...

...weve put up scores on developing teams all year and continually struggled to kick one vs anyone half decent.

Have been watching GWS a fair bit lately, they play an attractive attacking brand and will leak some goals, not going to be falling for we are back on track if we kick 100 points this week. I need to see it...

...weve put up scores on developing teams all year and continually struggled to kick one vs anyone half decent.

Remember when we pumped Sydney and the Bulldogs and certain posters were convinced our game style has changed for good. I wasn't

#ARG

Remember when we pumped Sydney and the Bulldogs and certain posters were convinced our game style has changed for good. I wasn't

#ARG

That Sydney game genuinely looked like progress, seems a life time ago and havent seen anything close to resembling it since.

That Sydney game genuinely looked like progress, seems a life time ago and havent seen anything close to resembling it since.
I think it was much like when we played Brisbane last year in round 18 or whatever and pumped them. We hadn't changed the opposition just gave us all the space in the world.

I think it was much like when we played Brisbane last year in round 18 or whatever and pumped them. We hadn't changed the opposition just gave us all the space in the world.

There was actual short passing and forwards leading with mids honouring those leads. Now its back to put you hand in the air and bomb it, im not going to bother to lead coz youre just gonna kick it over my head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was actual short passing and forwards leading with mids honouring those leads. Now its back to put you hand in the air and bomb it, im not going to bother to lead coz youre just gonna kick it over my head
Yep we got spooked conceding some scores against Brisbane and Essendon and went back to defending with the ball again. So shit. Enjoyed that Sydney game too

As dire as we look at times, focus on the next two weeks, Giants and Saints, should really win both and then re-asses after that, two games at the G following too (Bris/Adelaide)

Big month, hope we can pull our fingers out.

Yep we got spooked conceding some scores against Brisbane and Essendon and went back to defending with the ball again. So s**t. Enjoyed that Sydney game too

Its embarrassing really. Like you'd almost rather be 8-6 and playing attacking footy where we could threaten to click at the right time, than 9-5 and just rolling out the same old shit that is proven not to work.

Anyone thinking this is a gimme four points is kidding themselves. They are in good form, with a spanking of Freo who beat us, a win over Geelong who beat us, and a close loss to in-form Richmond.

They’ve also actually got a forward line, unlike us. Greene, Himmelberg, Hogan, Riccardi plus smalls Lloyd and Bedford is formidable. Much stronger than our bunch of misfiring misfits.

$4.70 for the Giants on Sportsbet is madness.

7613D596-E19B-4C1D-8667-FC9F882AB852.jpeg

Angus Brayshaw more like Angus Beef, looks like a hamburger with a helmet.

Angus Brayshaw more like Angus Beef, looks like a hamburger with a helmet.

What's his contract worth?

Because I can't believe I toiled away at University and then for the past 12 years at work just to have this fat prick earn triple the amount while doing **** all 99% of the time.

What's his contract worth?

Because I can't believe I toiled away at University and then for the past 12 years at work just to have this fat prick earn triple the amount while doing * all 99% of the time.
Should have been born into a footballing* family and had a shred of talent kicking a footy then. Peasant.

*May also apply to lawyers, oil barons, and real estate tycoons.

Its embarrassing really. Like you'd almost rather be 8-6 and playing attacking footy where we could threaten to click at the right time, than 9-5 and just rolling out the same old s**t that is proven not to work.

Even when we are dominating statistically with this game style (like against Carlton, even last night up to 3/4 time we were clearly the better team) youre keeping the other team in the game coz you cant kick enough goals and are relying on winning a 50/50 game at the end a lot of the time instead of being 4 or 5 goals up like we should be. Its such a dumb way to play.

Last edited:
All the word out of preseason and early season was we where going to attempt to play a bit faster and try and score more, obvously defense still our key piller, but a bit more. Early in the year you can see that, the mark, then handball to release a running player going by more through the middle.

But as you can see the more we've been challanged the more we've regressed into going back behind the mark, (burning an overlap runner) slowing play down and then dumping long to a pack down the line

As dire as we look at times, focus on the next two weeks, Giants and Saints, should really win both and then re-asses after that, two games at the G following too (Bris/Adelaide)

Big month, hope we can pull our fingers out.
We really ought to be winning all of these games (brisbane only because they suck at the G), would take 3 out of 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back