Preview Changes R13 Bulldogs vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Would’ve thought it’d be a little premature for Croft to come in, so will be interesting how they replace Darcy (if needed). I wouldn’t be against Buku filling in forward. He was obviously good there in the VFL last season but couldn’t get chances while Naughton and Jamarra were fit.

Thought McNeil played a very nice game when he came on as the sub. Think he did enough to move into the 22 and replace Vandermeer.

If Richards and Libba are right they definitely come straight back in. I assume Gallagher moves back to the wing if one of them come back in. Not sure who else misses if they are both ok to go.

In: Richards, Libba, McNeil, A Jones (sub)
Out: Harmes, VDM, Darcy

McNeil probably gets first crack at the VDM role with Jones as sub after a solid showing. We could switch that around though. Gallagher out of the midfield to take the Harmes role.

With Richards & Libba back, I’d lean towards using Bont 50/50 forward & mid to give us another target deep for a week whilst Darcy is likely suspended. Lobb is used to high TOG% and JUH will have to as well.

Bramble incredibly lucky that we have injuries. I’d look to push Williams back and have another wingman come in but I doubt the MC will make any unforced changes.

Bedendo in for Darcy
Figure its now or never for Bedendo.

Richards, Liberatore and Bedendo in.

B: Duryea Keath Bramble
HB: Dale Jones Williams
C: Gallagher Treloar Macrae
HF: West Lobb Libba
F: Bedendo Ugle-Hagan Garcia
RUC: English Bont Richards
INT: Freijah Daniel Sanders Odonnell
SUB: McNeill

As others have mentioned, Bramble survives but only just.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Libba and Richards are in.
OUT: Darcy (susp), Harmes (inj), Vandermeer (inj)
IN: Busslinger, Liberatore, Richards

FB: Duryea - Jones - Busslinger
HB: Dale - Keath - Bramble

C: Daniel - Bontempelli - Williams

HF: Garcia - O'Donnell - Macrae
FF: Lobb - JUH - West

R: English - Liberatore - Treloar

I: Richards - Freijah - Sanders - Gallagher
S: McNeil

Baker in if no Richards, Poulter if no Libba.

Other options under consideration: Khamis or Bedendo in for Darcy, but I like the idea of giving Buss an opportunity and holding the tall structure that we intend on playing all season.

Out: Harmes, VDM, Bramble, Darcy,
In: Red, Libba, Scott, L.Smith

FB: Duryea Jones JOD
HB: Friejah Keath Dale
C: Williams Libba Gags
HF: Garcia Lobb Marra
FF: Scott English West
R: L.Smith Bont Red
INT: Macrea, Treloar, Daniel, Sanders
SUB: Mcneil

I'd probably go with:

Out - Harmes, VDM, Darcy, Bramble

In - Libba, Ed, Arty, Buku (to play fwd) or Bedendo

Move Williams back to replace Bramble, Gags to replace Harmes on the wing & Caleb on the other. McNeil to start in VDM's role & Arty to replace him as Sub. Then either swing Buku fwd for the next 2 games if we want to keep the structure similar or play Bedendo & go a bit smaller. If Buku he may not get a lot of touches but is pretty efficient so could chime in for 1 or 2 each week then ideally Darcy back post Bye.

Club could throw a curve ball & bring in Smith or Croft though - who knows.

Alternatively give Bont a bit of a rest up forward in Darcy's spot the next few weeks & back in Ads, Libba, Red, Garcia, Gags etc in the middle. Not sure the club will want to do this though because if we can win the next 2 & North we're right back on track so Bont probably stays in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth playing L Smith? tell him just compete and gives us the opportunity to have English Lobb and JUH all or at least 2 forward at all times

Seems having the talls enables us to put the ball in dangerous spots when we go forward like last night last qtr

Smith competes that may be enough

Maybe Buss in and JOD forward

I asked Nick Coffield this morning when Libba will come back. His response was, "Next week". I wasn't aware that was common knowledge. I ventured in here to provide that update only to see you guys are all over it.

Libba and Ed are huge ins.

Sad to see Harmes and VDM injured but VDM would have made way anyway. Harmes getting injured just means that someone like McNeil keeps his spot for another week or two.

I asked Nick Coffield this morning when Libba will come back. His response was, "Next week". I wasn't aware that was common knowledge. I ventured in here to provide that update only to see you guys are all over it.

Libba and Ed are huge ins.

Sad to see Harmes and VDM injured but VDM would have made way anyway. Harmes getting injured just means that someone like McNeil keeps his spot for another week or two.

Any idea when when Nick will be back?

He needs some luck with injuries

Any idea when when Nick will be back?

He needs some luck with injuries
He said he'll be back the week after the bye. He'll no doubt play a few weeks in the VFL.

I may have heard wrong, but I thought I heard him say he did his calf (or maybe it was his hammy) during his shoulder rehab. Was this known / made public?

He said he'll be back the week after the bye. He'll no doubt play a few weeks in the VFL.

I may have heard wrong, but I thought I heard him say he did his calf (or maybe it was his hammy) during his shoulder rehab. Was this known / made public?

Don’t think this was made public

Really hope he gets a decent run with injuries gave us a look in early games he can add to the side

Other options under consideration: Khamis or Bedendo in for Darcy, but I like the idea of giving Buss an opportunity and holding the tall structure that we intend on playing all season.
Odonnell needs time to find his feet in the backline and get some continuity there. Can't see him being moved forward just to accommodate Busslinger.

Odonnell played well last night as the third tall. Would be annoying for him to be moved around now.

Odonnell needs time to find his feet in the backline and get some continuity there. Can't see him being moved forward just to accommodate Busslinger.

Odonnell played well last night as the third tall. Would be annoying for him to be moved around now.

Winning has to come first. I don't have any confidence Khamis or Bedendo will help us do so, nor do I think any of our small forwards are in strong enough goal kicking form for us to win with a smaller forward line.

I like this given our likely injury and suspension situation.

JOD is a good team player. He'll go where and do what is necessary.

O'Donnell looked positively awful playing forward.

Looks a natural back, I don't think it's wise to be moving him.
Definitely better back than forward but he may be able to play a fwd role effectively enough in Darcy and Naughton's absence. Better than any other current tall option anyway if we want to preserve a 3 tall fwd structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back