Preview Changes R16 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like Norf have anticipated us going tall and have named a super tall backline. Have named Dawson, Pink, Comben who are all tall KPDs and also Corr who is 194cm but can play on mediums too. Doesn't look like they will have a ton of speed + run and carry out of their backline to worry about so much.
Comben has looked pretty good from what I have seen.

looks like Norf have anticipated us going tall and have named a super tall backline. Have named Dawson, Pink, Comben who are all tall KPDs and also Corr who is 194cm but can play on mediums too. Doesn't look like they will have a ton of speed + run and carry out of their backline to worry about so much.
Dawson has played forward recently.

He moved forward when Dawson went out injured I believe.

Pink has been forward for the past month.

There is two Dawson's. Have only seen Kallan Dawson play back. Wil Dawson has played back and then got injured playing forward against West Coast and think Teakle replaced him

Pink has been forward for the past month.

There is two Dawson's. Have only seen Kallan Dawson play back. Wil Dawson has played back and then got injured playing forward against West Coast and think Teakle replaced him
Yes, that is who I was thinking of, thanks.
Teakle has come in with some rejigging of their back line to cover Will Dawson. Believe Archer has played more of a KPD role than before.
Yeah got confused between the two Dawson's. Watched the roos game last week. Archer was awesome I assume he plays on weightman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the slowest side we have put out this year?

Bramble, Dale, Richards, VDM, Treloar, Weightman, West, Doc, Libba, Sanders and Gallagher are the medium/smalls. Not exactly a lighting quick group. Maybe that’s why Baker got the call up?

Champion Data have Naughton in there All Australian team. He is not playing in the backline
I'm not an advocate of switching him back to defence at this stage of his career but the irony is that if he had always played there and never been tried as a forward there's still a very good chance he'd be in CD's AA team right now ... as a defender.

He's just a damned good footballer. They have a way of finding the ball, bringing teammates into the game and influencing matches. Wherever they play.

It's going to be fascinating to see how they structure up, unless one of them (Lobb?) is named as sub.

This is so unBulldogs to have an embarrassment of KPFs.

North looked good last week. But not quick off half back. Don't think we've got much to worry about going tall. But I'd be surprised if we persist with it for the run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back