Preview Changes R16 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Make Bont the super sub.

If we are 10 goals up he can keep the vest on. If we are struggling to beat them he comes on and carries the side on his back again (gingerly this time).
My gut tells me you're on to something here, DW.

Won't be at all surprised if this is the case.

It sort of makes sense. You can’t play all of those talls forward and you need one out of the side, but can’t drop the best performed one from last week even though he’s the worst of the bunch and thus the one you want to drop, so you play him in defence where either he shocks by playing well or has a stinker and you can then sub him out/drop him.

I guess you just have to hope it doesn’t cause chaos and cost us the game.

The so called 4 headed monster is doomed to fail.🤯
Just won’t work in todays game, no matter what the opposition.

The so called 4 headed monster is doomed to fail.🤯
Just won’t work in todays game, no matter what the opposition.
stock-vector-cartoon-dragon-with-four-heads-heads-dino-vector-illustration-of-character-cute-and-funny-1806825301.jpg
95b682a57f2cb7acef4a63ceb210e6e9.jpg

which one will it be??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope these rumours of Lobb playing in defence are BS. Darcy worked well enough back there because he’s twice the footballer Lobb is, is a better contested mark, is far more agile when the ball is on the ground and can kick well off both feet.
I was in agreement with this but he actually played really well... attacked the ball, took intercept marks, closed space and spoiled... could be the making of him.

It sort of makes sense. You can’t play all of those talls forward and you need one out of the side, but can’t drop the best performed one from last week even though he’s the worst of the bunch and thus the one you want to drop, so you play him in defence where either he shocks by playing well or has a stinker and you can then sub him out/drop him.

I guess you just have to hope it doesn’t cause chaos and cost us the game.
Is he really the worst?
I think English might have taken that award a few times this year getting well beaten in the ruck by first year players and can't out mark players 20cms shorter than him... #allaustralianmyarse

I was in agreement with this but he actually played really well... attacked the ball, took intercept marks, closed space and spoiled... could be the making of him.

Yeah I was definitely surprised by how solid he looked back there. I still worry about how he will go against AFL level competition in a high pressure game. Jones blanketed Larkey and Pink & Teakle would be close to two of the worst KPFs in the comp.

Obviously hoping he smashes it again against Port. I’ll go in with more confidence in his ability back there after the weekend though.

Is he really the worst?
I think English might have taken that award a few times this year getting well beaten in the ruck by first year players and can't out mark players 20cms shorter than him... #allaustralianmyarse

English has had some real stinkers this year but I’ll need Rory to have more than two good games in a row to move up that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back