Preview Changes R17 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

My kid just found a stat/story that says Buku is our best one on one defender...I'm worried

Seems hard to believe but thats essentially what the stats are trying to say. I love stats but I'm trusting the eye test on this one.

Player - CD1v1* - 1v1 Losses - Loss%

Jones - 31 - 9 - 29%
Khamis - 20 - 5 - 25%
Richards - 11 - 4 - 36%
O'Donnell - 10 - 3 - 30%
Duryea - 9 - 1 - 11%
Keath - 9 - 4 - 44%
Bramble - 8 - 3 - 37%
Williams - 8 - 2 - 25%

CD1v1 standing for Contested Defensive One on Ones

Fairly concerning Buss can’t even get a look in with Jones and Keath out. Glad Coffield is back. Do we know how serious Jones is?

Still have some oddly confident feeling we get it done by 40+

Seems hard to believe but thats essentially what the stats are trying to say. I love stats but I'm trusting the eye test on this one.

Player - CD1v1* - 1v1 Losses - Loss%

Jones - 31 - 9 - 29%
Khamis - 20 - 5 - 25%
Richards - 11 - 4 - 36%
O'Donnell - 10 - 3 - 30%
Duryea - 9 - 1 - 11%
Keath - 9 - 4 - 44%
Bramble - 8 - 3 - 37%
Williams - 8 - 2 - 25%

CD1v1 standing for Contested Defensive One on Ones
It’s probably because it excludes all of the instances that Buku gets lost and his opponent takes an uncontested mark where he’s 3-5m away from them.

Would rather Jones sits this one out then miss next week.

Even with Jones missing the story should be how will Port’s pitiful backline keep our forwards contained.

Baker should not have been in so no issues there.

Coffield has some form, would have preferred Buss but given the hostile environment get this choice.

McNeil no, don't get it. Bog average in the VFL worse in the AFL.

Buku has only shown 1 strength, multiple weaknesses, how he is in before Buss is a mystery wrapped in a enigma.

We are going in with a weaker team that beat the Roos by 17 points, not sure what that means.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s probably because it excludes all of the instances that Buku gets lost and his opponent takes an uncontested mark where he’s 3-5m away from them.

Correct, a one-on-one is defined as when both players have a reasonable chance of getting the ball.

One-On-One Contest: A 50-50 contest that occurs after a kick, and involves only two players – a target player and a defender. Each player must have a reasonable chance to win the ball in order for a one-on-one to be recorded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Donnell, Lobb and Khamis against Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades on a perfect day is just begging for a frustrating loss where those blokes get a bunch of cheap goals the exact same way Hipwood did.
I don't think it's that bad. JOD to Marshall, Lobb to Finlayson, Coffield/Khamis to Georgiades seems pretty workable

Stoked Coffield is back - helps our defence feel more solid. Need to get games into him.

Worried about how long Weightman / Jones are out for. Really need our stars out there if we are going to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think it's that bad. JOD to Marshall, Lobb to Finlayson, Coffield/Khamis to Georgiades seems pretty workable

They have Ollie Lord as well, who Lobb or JOD will have to mind. Williams can probably play on a Finlayson type.

They do look very top heavy. Willie Rioli is returning through the SANFL for some reason, would've thought he'd be a straight back in. Their best small forward by an absolute mile, both offensively and defensively. If we get the ball to ground level we should have an advantage so a lot will rely on the midfield restricting clean entries.

I'm most worried about their speedy mids getting us at centre bounce. That's basically the only way I see them winning. If our midfield gets on top they have no chance.
As the other poster mentioned, Richards has almost single handedly covered up for some pretty large weaknesses. Has speed, defensive presence and football IQ which we have been desperately lacking. We’re no longer slow through the midfield.

Richards & Treloar are fast. Bont is quick enough and Libba knows how to cover himself.

The sub is a bit of an unknown this week. There’s an argument that it will be Coffield or Buku with Williams the utility to deploy elsewhere on the ground. There’s 3 defenders on the bench so a defender looks likely.

Port are suprisingly tall up forward so we may need Buku & Coff.

Marshall - JOD
Lord - Lobb
Georgidies - Buku
Finlayson - Coffield

The sub is a bit of an unknown this week. There’s an argument that it will be Coffield or Buku with Williams the utility to deploy elsewhere on the ground. There’s 3 defenders on the bench so a defender looks likely.

Port are suprisingly tall up forward so we may need Buku & Coff.

Marshall - JOD
Lord - Lobb
Georgidies - Buku
Finlayson - Coffield
Finlayson will kick 6 :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back