Preview Changes: R7 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10. He cost us a couple of goals in the 2nd quarter, with a lack of composure and poor skills. Only his 2nd game, I'm sure he'll improve with experience.

Hey Vader, know who he is just being an arse. Agree he needs more time but was shit tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would probably be an unlucky CEY. Greenwood tired, really want his tank built a bit more. But CEY in your scenario.
Greenwood & Crouch both really fell out of the game after half time. Crouch was interviewed at the end of the game and said that he struggled in the second half. Had 22 disposals in the first half, finished with 30. Having 2 players drop out of the midfield due to a lack of fitness was the main reason why Gold Coast were able to get back into the game in the second half.

so here's a question.... once Smith is back and fit, who makes way for him?

Our half back line will be Laird, Milera and Seeds.

Could this be the magical fabled time where Mackay gets dropped and we start rotating these 4 between half back and the wing even more?
Seed might have been named on the half-back line, but he doesn't play there. Mackay & Milera were our HBFers tonight, until Mackay got injured. Very possible that Smith takes Mackay's place in the team, if/when he returns later this year.

Greenwood & Crouch both really fell out of the game after half time. Crouch was interviewed at the end of the game and said that he struggled in the second half. Had 22 disposals in the first half, finished with 30. Having 2 players drop out of the midfield due to a lack of fitness was the main reason why Gold Coast were able to get back into the game in the second half.

Crouch was also tagged post half time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crouch was also tagged post half time
He was... but (unlike Sloane) Crouch isn't the type of player who's susceptible to a tag. Crouch admitted in the post-game interview that he just ran out of legs after having 3 weeks off.

Three best 22 players in contention to come back. Therefore three must go out.

I'll be ******* furious if we drop Gallucci so Knight it is
Happy to have a board bet that Knight remains... as imo your call is clueless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not predicting the coaches' moves.

But I am interested in who you would drop to fit in our three returning best 22 players
Then what are you doing creating this thread?

Coming up with crazy calls to get noticed?

Did they show either the Walker or Mackay injury?

Or were these more of those phantom injuries we seem to pick up?

Tex didn’t even have ice on his hammy at any stage, so I hardly think it’s a major worry.

Given it’s Carlton we could rest him and play precautionary, but given he’s underdone and building, at this stage I think he will still play.

Can't drop CEY after that, when Greenwood and Crouch hit the wall, he just kept going at the coal face. Wouldn't be surprised if he had 15 or more contested possessions. He can go head to head with Cripps and stop us getting bullied. Beast.

Assuming Betts, Sloane and Kelly are all fit and injured players are all out

Out Dmac (inj) Walker (inj) Poholke (Omit)

In Betts, Fogarty, Sloane

Run Sloane at half back and on the wing at times if need be, he is good at it and we have a few coal face mids firing atm.

Knight covered 15.6 km today.. the most on the ground.
Next best for us was Rat with 14.6
Damn.. 15.6 is impressive since he’s just pinch hitting in the midfield.
You'd think they'd get near the ball a bit more often with those numbers!

For Scorpus , I'll explain the more likely scenarios, depending on injury status.

Sloane in for Polhoke
Kelly in for Mackay
CEY for Betts & we rotate our mids through the forward line.

I doubt all 3 will be ready to come in next week.

Also, Hartigan will come in for Otten but that is a few weeks away.

If Tex doesn't come up then we may rejig things.

Then what are you doing creating this thread?

Coming up with crazy calls to get noticed?

These threads have never been about predicting what the coaches are going to do.

It's about fostering discussion around the upcoming game and the changes we would make. Predicting what the coaches would do serves no purpose other than to prove yourself right; what a stupid and boring thread that would be

These threads have never been about predicting what the coaches are going to do.

It's about fostering discussion around the upcoming game and the changes we would make. Predicting what the coaches would do serves no purpose other than to prove yourself right; what a stupid and boring thread that would be
So what are you trying to prove?

Most mindless call for the week?

If you are going to make a prediction, surely it should be something that is possible as opposed to a completely crazy call to get noticed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back