Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does anyone pay any attention to anything anyone associated with an AFL club says at a press conference?

It's ALWAYS just a version of "one week at a time."

They're just trying to say the most non committal, meaningless things possible.

You'll know if the club thinks Curtin is ready Thursday night.

Maybe Butts for Borlase given Ports key forwards
I'd be changing Borlase out, he's fine as our last depth for the spot but is the weakest when the ball hits the deck & just generally very slow so if there's any chase or foot race he's not the guy we want.

I don't think he's actually been terrible for us, pretty serviceable & whilst Butts isn't a world beater either I'd still give him the nod ahead of Borlase personally.

What I'd do:

Out:

Borlase - Has been ok & I don't mind him as our last KPD depth, just others dont lack leg speed & are a little better when the ball is at ground.
Pedlar - Injured
McHenry (sub) - Dropped for weeks of no impact.

In:

Curtin - Don't care who they need to move around to get him, bring him in for a Showdown & give him a real taste.
Butts - Isn't a world beater by any means, just feel he's a little better equipped than Borlase.
Berry (Sub) - If his foot is legit right to go, bring him back via sub, did a great job against Carlton.

What I guess will happen:

Out: McHenry, Borlase, Pedlar
In: Smith, Murphy, Butts

I'd be changing Borlase out, he's fine as our last depth for the spot but is the weakest when the ball hits the deck & just generally very slow so if there's any chase or foot race he's not the guy we want.

I don't think he's actually been terrible for us, pretty serviceable & whilst Butts isn't a world beater either I'd still give him the nod ahead of Borlase personally.
Playing Butts on Dixon, means Keane can take Marshall, freeing up Worrell.

Borlase is not really suited to either Dixon or Marshall.

Wright is lying and toeing the line to justify bringing in an experienced player back in after one game.

He was not impressive. It was blah game, a typical Murphy game.

Curtin is not coming in

You would have hoped Carlton washed the Adelaide stain off of Wright. It seems not.

I come in peace.
I can see this being very nasty for Port
Seriously if you guys don't destroy us Thursday night there's something wrong at crow land
If you guys don’t belt the s**t out of us Thursday night, there’s something seriously wrong at port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace.
I can see this being very nasty for Port
Seriously if you guys don't destroy us Thursday night there's something wrong at crow land
Lol, have you forgotten our respective ladder positions.

It must be some attempt at claiming underdog status or the like. Quite bizarre 😂

People like to talk down the possibility of winning as a way of managing hopes and expectations. See also the predictions we'd get smashed by North Melbourne or the 'I'm done watching this club' posts by people who are back next time there's a loss to complain about.

In reality, Port will be warm favourites given they are a top 4 contender but nobody would be stunned if Adelaide won given we won both Showdowns last year and have played okay over the last 3-4 weeks, plus some forced changes for Port. Certainly winning the Showdown would be less of an upset than beating Carlton in Melbourne.

Should be a good game.

People like to talk down the possibility of winning as a way of managing hopes and expectations. See also the predictions we'd get smashed by North Melbourne or the 'I'm done watching this club' posts by people who are back next time there's a loss to complain about. In reality, Port will be warm favourites given they are a top 4 contender but nobody would be stunned if Adelaide won given we won both Showdowns last year and have played okay over the last 3-4 weeks, plus some forced changes for Port. Certainly winning the Showdown would be less of an upset than beating Carlton in Melbourne.

Should be a good game.

It won’t be a stunning upset, however the major concern remains Adelaide’s overall form, centred on gamestyle and team selection. A couple of key outs for Port will help, but it will take a major reversal in a lot of areas to win the game. There needs to be some positive change at selection 🤞

Back