Preview Changes: Round 12 vs Horks - Sat 1st June 1:15pm

Who are you tipping this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have had the hardest draw in the comp mate so those stats you bring up are a bit misleading. Least you have played both the bottom 2 from last year already this year which is where your boys filled the boots up. The past 6 weeks outside the Swans match is a better comparison with eachother than how many more goals you kicked against Norf and WCE. It will be close and you guys are a decent chance of winning but saying you SHOULD win like the other poster is implying is a bit silly. Your board you can say what you like I get it I just found those comments a bit perplexing. Good luck this weekend.
I just had a look at hawks' fixture, and you're certainly correct in that it's been seriously difficult. Hawks are in good form and so are the Crows so to me it should be a close contest.

However, I don't have faith in the Crows performing on the MCG unless they're playing Collingwood...and still losing, and I certainly don't have any faith in any fair umpiring against Hawthorn in Melbourne, ever. I'm road tripping to the game...so everything points to a Crows loss.

1)I'm glad hawks' fixture has been hideous. :) I can't wait to see similar for the other pet teams of the AFL.

2)I'll never forgive Hawks for losing from an almost unassailable position to the scum last game, so I hope Crows punish you for that alone. :)

SANFL V West
F Gallagher Gollant Davis
HF McHenry Clifford Sigal
C J Boyle Edwards Bond
HB Curtin N. Murray Ryan
B Burton Madgen O'Leary
R T Murray Pedlar Dowling
I Haysman H Boyle McDonald Whimpress

AFL V HAWKS
F Murphy Walker Cook
HF Keays Fogarty Rachele
C Jones Crouch Sholl
HB MLanney Keane Nankervis
B Hinge Butts Hamill
R Strachan Dawson Soligo
I Berry Borlase Schoenberg Laird Smith
EMER TRAVELLER O'brien Rested

OK Bugger Taylor injured again

SANFL V West
F Gallagher Gollant Davis
HF McHenry Clifford Sigal
C J Boyle Edwards Bond
HB Curtin N. Murray Ryan
B Burton Madgen O'Leary
R T Murray Pedlar Dowling
I Haysman H Boyle McDonald Whimpress

AFL V HAWKS
F Murphy Walker Cook
HF Keays Fogarty Rachele
C Jones Crouch Sholl
HB MLanney Keane Nankervis
B Hinge Butts Hamill
R Strachan Dawson Soligo
I Berry Borlase Schoenberg Laird Smith
EMER TRAVELLER O'brien Rested

OK Bugger Taylor injured again
Murray returning from an ACL in ruck? Are you off your rocker?

Hes at Half back

Toby in ruck
That's a relief...but you do realise Toby might be busy packing his bags on the weekend given 6 clubs pick before us in the MSD and that the only players that did medicals had requests from multiple AFL clubs and we wouldn't have been one of those clubs so it's a very real possibility. Richmond very skinny for ruck back up with Sam Naismith going down

Was the hawks at the MCG in 2017 the last time we won over there.
Not quite. The game you're referring to was R2 2017, when Adelaide defeated Hawthorn 113-89. Our last win at the MCG was in R17 2017, when Adelaide defeated Carlton 89-77.

Our record at Docklands is far better (and we play there more often). Our last win at Docklands was R6 2024, once again defeating Carlton 100-98. Before that, it was vs Hawthorn in R19 2021, when we defeated them 102-83.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a relief...but you do realise Toby might be busy packing his bags on the weekend given 6 clubs pick before us in the MSD and that the only players that did medicals had requests from multiple AFL clubs and we wouldn't have been one of those clubs so it's a very real possibility. Richmond very skinny for ruck back up with Sam Naismith going down
Yep but i expect that he will drop to us with our first pick.

Last year in that backwater? Irrelevant. Any sane footy fan knows that.

You're dreamin' and that's being kind.
For starters, the Crows have kicked 111 more points and had 163 fewer points kicked against us than your mob (4th stingiest defence in the Comp).

Pi$$ off back to your own board and brag there; we don't care what you think. Go on, **** off.

Is that really necessary?

I think the AFL might have closed the upper levels. According to ticketek it's not available.
Top deck of the Olympic is always open for Hawthorn home games as there are member allocated seats at the front of a couple of bays there. There will be plenty of GA seating up there

We have had the hardest draw in the comp mate so those stats you bring up are a bit misleading. Least you have played both the bottom 2 from last year already this year which is where your boys filled the boots up. The past 6 weeks outside the Swans match is a better comparison with eachother than how many more goals you kicked against Norf and WCE. It will be close and you guys are a decent chance of winning but saying you SHOULD win like the other poster is implying is a bit silly. Your board you can say what you like I get it I just found those comments a bit perplexing. Good luck this weekend.

I was surprised bookies have us favourites. Should be a cracking game, we have been a hard team to beat, so if you win, I doubt it’ll have been easy. My fear is you’ll be too fast for us and run hard at our defence, we struggle to defend that style.

Is that really necessary?
Fair comment; "necessary"? Maybe not.
His post to 1990crow was:
Should win both? In Melbourne against an in form team who should be above you guys on the ladder had we not shit the bed in the last QTR against Port. Your either overrating or underrating whichever team your referring to. Brisbane had an easy kill last week and it made no difference to how they went yesterday. We are better than last year when we played you in Tassie and that was a close game. I'd have us as favourites as a neutral. Should be a good match enjoy the buildup.
the highlighted bits of which really annoyed me.
They "should" be above us on the ladder? Pffft. Tell your own Board, mate, not us.
They're "better than last year"? Hey, it could be argued we're in strong form from the last 5 weeks too.
A Hawks supporter would have his own side as a fave, "as a neutral"? Garbage. Fwiw, Neutral Sportsbet have the Crows as faves.

He wants them to win and by more the better. Likewise I want the Crows to win, by any margin, more the better.

I dislike immensely that disingenuous, fake "I come in peace, but now I'm gonna brag about my side, tell you what's what in your own Forum, and by the way, good luck". Gimme a break :rolleyes:.
The last thing he wants is for the Crows to have good luck and beat Hawthorn this week.

However, having said that, out of respect for 1970crow and his posting and non-aggro comment :thumbsupv1: , I apologise (I mean it) for going over-the-top and have edited the post (and the follow-up).

Should win both? In Melbourne against an in form team who should be above you guys on the ladder had we not shit the bed in the last QTR against Port. Your either overrating or underrating whichever team your referring to. Brisbane had an easy kill last week and it made no difference to how they went yesterday. We are better than last year when we played you in Tassie and that was a close game. I'd have us as favourites as a neutral. Should be a good match enjoy the buildup.
Ok, I'll repeat so it sinks in.
The Crows should beat Hawks this weekend.

Back