Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Payne was pretty average albeit on a good opponent, but looks like he got through so hopefully he’ll actually be better next week even though it was a bruising game.

Eric is struggling out there, but he makes Joe so much better, so even if Eric doesn’t touch it there’s no way he ever gets left out.

Quite a few guys down tonight, which hopefully bodes well for a bounce back next week.

Don’t think you can make any changes. Even McKenna came on and cracked in.

I would have said Reville for Fletcher if you asked me during the third quarter when we were 7 goals down(And you had a crystal ball letting me know we go onto win) but that clutch goal at the end… would be harsh to drop Fletcher.

I guess replacing McKenna as sub with someone like Reville could be considered now that McKenna hasn’t played a full game in a month. If he got subbed on early could he run out a full match? Would it be worth bringing someone in who has the match fitness behind them? Probably overthinking it.

Unchanged unless Payne doesn’t pull up well. You need to back Joyce in I think rather than play an underdone Payne as we saw tonight Payne really struggles not only in contests but below his knees when nursing an injury. Does another week allow him to heal further or is he just recovering from tonight? If he pulls up okay back Payney in.

The real worry will be Jeremy Cameron. Lester can’t go to him. Payne based off tonight would get murdered and Joyce on Jeremy Cameron doesn’t fill you with any confidence. Does Andrews have to take that one?

Don’t think you can make any changes. Even McKenna came on and cracked in.

I would have said Reville for Fletcher if you asked me during the third quarter when we were 7 goals down(And you had a crystal ball letting me know we go onto win) but that clutch goal at the end… would be harsh to drop Fletcher.

I guess replacing McKenna as sub with someone like Reville could be considered now that McKenna hasn’t played a full game in a month. If he got subbed on early could he run out a full match? Would it be worth bringing someone in who has the match fitness behind them? Probably overthinking it.

Unchanged unless Payne doesn’t pull up well. You need to back Joyce in I think rather than play an underdone Payne as we saw tonight Payne really struggles not only in contests but below his knees when nursing an injury. Does another week allow him to heal further or is he just recovering from tonight? If he pulls up okay back Payney in.

The real worry will be Jeremy Cameron. Lester can’t go to him. Payne based off tonight would get murdered and Joyce on Jeremy Cameron doesn’t fill you with any confidence. Does Andrews have to take that one?

If we can best the Giants with Hogan playing like that I think we can do the same against the Cats.

Hopefully our midfield performs a lot better than the bulk of tonight's game

Wonder if we will start McKenna. Was a good sub tonight but also made an impact when he came on.
If it’s between him and Answerth not a chance. Maybe if you made Fletcher sub but asking McKenna to run out a full match with minutes on the wing having not played a full match in a month would be dangerous.

I agree though that McKenna was good when he came on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are at a disadvantage in terms of Geelong having the week off whilst we had a hard fought, bruising win this week, however, you cannot underestimate the galvanisation mentally and morale wise after a win like that.

Look how united the players and coaches were after that win.

Geelong haven’t played a final yet(The soft kill v Port does not count as a final intensity wise). We are battle hardened.

We are at a disadvantage in terms of Geelong having the week off whilst we had a hard fought, bruising win this week, however, you cannot underestimate the galvanisation mentally and morale wise after a win like that.

Look how united the players and coaches were after that win.

Geelong haven’t played a final yet(The soft kill v Port does not count as a final intensity wise). We are battle hardened.
Could we be doing it the tough way like we did in 2003?

I hope Fagan has a quiet word with Neale & Rayner during the week. Not to berate them by any means. But demand they make up for their ineffectiveness tonight with big performances in the prelim.

Lachie’s last influential final was the elimination final in 2022. Don’t think it has been bad at all, but would love him to pull one out next Saturday.

I was more afraid of GWS than Geelong

We can beat Geelong
In 2022 I felt that we'd lose, I remember going to the game thinking gee I'd love it to be close (It wasn't lol).

This year I definitely think we're far more of a shot and just edging on the belief that we'll win.

Lachie’s last influential final was the elimination final in 2022. Don’t think it has been bad at all, but would love him to pull one out next Saturday.
I'm fine with Lachie getting tagged out of the game if Clugga/Dunks/Ashcroft get on top. He was our best possie getter in the 22' Prelim loss to the Cats, I'll be curious to see what Scott does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back