Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

My prediction in the preview thread for gws game was ashcroft was going to be awesome - missed 2023 finals so motivated and learnt the finals game in 2024 week 1.

I'll take that win and let it ride for next week. The boy can play, and he improves every game.

We've had our differences in the past, you broke my heart a couple of times and it took me a long while to get over it, I couldn't stand the new man in my life due to the fact he was part of this heart break. Then that man showed me how to love again....and maybe I needed to break your heart to truly be at peace... and now...I am fully on board the Lions this year. Heroic win, go get it done Bisbane Lions!!!

In Fagan we trust - last night when there were changes that needed making like switching Payne and Andrews, moving Rayner to get him involved - but no Fagan held his nerve, trusted the process, trusted his players and got home.

No changes - same team to front up. Fagan just has to keep their heads level and no let them think they can just turn up and win on the back of that brilliant win.

Scott is the best coach in the league strategically, expect he will have a plan for Neale and Zorko tags and will expose Payne who was a long way off against the giants.

I do feel far more comfortable against the cats at the MCG than I was against the Giants.

We've had our differences in the past, you broke my heart a couple of times and it took me a long while to get over it, I couldn't stand the new man in my life due to the fact he was part of this heart break. Then that man showed me how to love again....and maybe I needed to break your heart to truly be at peace... and now...I am fully on board the Lions this year. Heroic win, go get it done Bisbane Lions!!!

I had to read this a few times to understand it!

Brilliant! 😂. Just brilliant!

For you… and only you… I will forgo my insane, passionate hatred of all things Collingwood. You are free to barrack for us until the end of the season.

But then you must return to your feral, demonic ways. I cannot live in a world where Collingwood supporters are articulate, clever, and sensitive. I’m sorry… I just can’t.

Geelong fans very confident. I actually think we've got their measure. It's just a question as to if we mentally show up at the MCG next week.

Guaranteed GF against an interstate team if we can find a way to get up.

No changes would be nice - anyone know if this would be our first PF under Fagan with no changes from the prior week?

Joe is a difficult man to love, but once you understand him and fully commit it's like being embraced by a new sparkly universe where the rules are different and the rewards are oh so much sweeter.

If we were both fresh and rested, I’d be confident we win it. We’re going to come out all guns blazing, can we hold on when they come at us if we have a huge lead coming out of the blocks fast and running on empty in the back end?

Last edited:
Only another two games at most (I'm not ginni, I'm not taking anything for granted).

Fatigue is our biggest challenge. These boys need 10+ hours of sleep a night, the best food, huge amounts of food, hydration hydration hydration, massage, acupunture, ice baths, a few sprints in training (sprinting is a proven recovery for doms) and every other recovery trick in the book.

Cause they have the skill, tenacity, hunger and finally, they now have the belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Shaw reckons Geelong will do us by eight goals. Keep it up fools.
The only games Tony Shaw would have watched in the last 10 years involving Brisbane would be the games against Collingwood. Hack of the highest order.

Tony Shaw reckons Geelong will do us by eight goals. Keep it up fools.

I see a cats 10 goal win too but I think that’s managing my expectations in case we don’t win. We can absolutely win this game but with our record at the MCG and a fresh cats to compete against it will be tough.

Rayner ?
Hmmm
Someone needs to show him a footage of himself in that last quarter
That’s final like desperation and a positive way to announce himself to the contest if he is struggling to impact
You are a battering ram Cam
Get football
I don’t want to see his colour in his eyes just white, like a white pointer going hard at the propeller
He can do this and I hope he sees the vision

We win this game. They have the worst midfield in the comp on names. Dominate the clearances like we should and play front half footy.

That’s why you don’t look at names. You look at output.

“Put it to bed. Since Dangerfield has come back in, since Round 16, they are clearly the number one team for points differential at clearance.”

“Their ability to put it on the scoreboard is number three, and their ability to defend it, no one is harder to score against at clearance, than Geelong, and their raw clearance differential in terms of how many that you win, and you lose, is top four in the competition.”

“So don’t get sucked in, and I do not want to hear anything!”

“‘Anyone who says Giants or Brisbane, they can get Geelong at clearance because that’s their weakness’, throw it in the bin. It’s just not.”

“Put it to bed. Since Dangerfield has come back in, since Round 16, they are clearly the number one team for points differential at clearance.”

“Their ability to put it on the scoreboard is number three, and their ability to defend it, no one is harder to score against at clearance, than Geelong, and their raw clearance differential in terms of how many that you win, and you lose, is top four in the competition.”

“‘Anyone who says Giants or Brisbane, they can get Geelong at clearance because that’s their weakness’, throw it in the bin. It’s just not.”

Yeah I saw that from Hoyney. That run does include big wins against north and west coast - would love to know whether those 2 games skewed it a bit.

Regardless, clearly much better with danger back and absolutely brained port in the first final.

Geelong also have a coach who knows how to get his side primed for the big games. This is going to be super tough. We absolutely can win and this side this year has shown the resilience we've all been asking for, the belief is high, even if the expectation is low. This side can win it all, they just have to not get ahead of themselves. Next week is going to be really, really hard.

Yeah I saw that from Hoyney. That run does include big wins against north and west coast - would love to know whether those 2 games skewed it a bit.

Regardless, clearly much better with danger back and absolutely brained port in the first final.

Port didn't turn up and Wests were already at Mad Monday, their lack of tough games recently may play in our favour.

Geelong also have a coach who knows how to get his side primed for the big games. This is going to be super tough. We absolutely can win and this side this year has shown the resilience we've all been asking for, the belief is high, even if the expectation is low. This side can win it all, they just have to not get ahead of themselves. Next week is going to be really, really hard.

The had a lot of final losses before finally winning 2 years back

Have a lot of respect for Geelong and Scott. You've made a prelim through ultra consistent output. I don't think your ceiling is nearly as high as Brisbane's, but your lows aren't nearly as low as ours.

I think we all know what we'll see out of Geelong this week and if Brisbane are off then it'll be another GF appearance for the Cats. If Brisbane's best output turns up though, I don't think Geelong will hang with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back