Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I think of this game is that like nearly everyone else I suspect I was resigned to our season being done half way through the 3rd quarter on Saturday.

So what we have now is a free hit in the Prelim. I just sensed the pressure valve is off with the players as well and we're going to come out with the freedom we have when we play our best footy.

We're into this game up to our ears and the players now know that whatever happens we can turn it around.

The other issue is our opposition.

I respect Geelong and what they've achieved this year. They can slice you up or hold you off with their discipline and team first footy. Plus they're fresh and have had a cruisy time.

But I don't think they're as talented or pose as many individual threats as the Giants and the Swans.

Credit to Port making it but they're only an average side.

The Giants got away with a lot of blocking, shoving and holding that were ignored by the umps

Also, Hogan's goal just before 3/4 time resulted from a blatant push out in the back on Payne.

Yes. I watched the reply last night and found myself thoroughly confused by the umpiring of those ā€œblocks and screens.ā€
They looked a lot like holds to me. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

We either have to be way in front or just behind at three quarter time. With our weary legs, I donā€™t see us running down another big lead, especially against Geelong.

We can absolutely win and I believe we will, this team is finally stealy resolved. Geelong are definitely not going to make it easy though thatā€™s for sure.

If we are close though, I think our battle hardenedness gets us over the line.

Team stays the same you would think.
Only changes would be if there is a training mishap.
Hopefully that does not happen.
Morris out, Roberton
Payne was pathetic.

One that needs to lift if selected.
I reckon Morris goes out and Robertson comes in. Need coverage for Neale and donā€™t think there is a need for 3 tall forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris wasnā€™t great
He wasn't but structurally we need a third tall. Especially with Hipwood being lame and Joe needing to do ruck duties. We probably can't afford to not have him

Plus the next options from the twos aren't great. We basically have no fit AFL standard key position players able to come into the side

Q55 for us
Five of us
Two coming from Brisbane me and a member that sits next to me.
Meeting up with three tigers supporters who are barracking for us against the cats. Theyā€™ll all be in lions gear too.
Oooh I'll be in Q34!
But only two of us. Myself and Bulldogs supporter who will definately be barracking for us!

Even if they are getting beaten in many of the key stats they find a way to get their noses in front and keep it that way.

They are incredibly efficient and have bullied us for years.

Just need to be at our best for the whole game.

Morris wasnā€™t great

Was very good the week before. Hard for forwards - let alone young forwards - to be ultra consistent.

Wouldn't be against Reville up forward for Morris, but think at this stage you stick with Logan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back