Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would still prefer it to be a dryish game.
Melbourne weather changes from day to day and hour to hour sometimes
Forecast not to bad but need to wait till Friday as it will be more accurate.

Playing in the wet is too much of a gamble in regard to recent form.
I would be less confident of advancing to the GF if it is a wet day.

View attachment 2113091
And considering our last meeting with Geelong was a wet weather game and we adapted to the conditions poorly in that game compared to them.

We may have academy rorts, but we'll never top what Geelong's got going on. How's about the fringe ruck/forward becoming a designer for Cotton On, lol:

The Cats Shop in collaboration with Cotton On is excited to announce the ‘The Scratch Project’, a bespoke clothing line designed in partnership with Geelong forward Shannon Neale.

Looks like a good turn out at training to watch the boys run laps

Also looks like nobody outside the 23 and emergencies from last week training?
A little surprised there isn't a few fringe players training just in case of injury at training/game and a possible GF eg. Shadeau Brain, Bruce Reville, Jaxon Prior, Henry Smith.

That’s why you don’t look at names. You look at output.

“Put it to bed. Since Dangerfield has come back in, since Round 16, they are clearly the number one team for points differential at clearance.”

“Their ability to put it on the scoreboard is number three, and their ability to defend it, no one is harder to score against at clearance, than Geelong, and their raw clearance differential in terms of how many that you win, and you lose, is top four in the competition.”

“So don’t get sucked in, and I do not want to hear anything!”

“‘Anyone who says Giants or Brisbane, they can get Geelong at clearance because that’s their weakness’, throw it in the bin. It’s just not.”
You should really factor in geelongs opposition since round 16. Easiest run of games by far. They have not yet come up against a midfield boasting McInerney, Berry, Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft, Rayner. See how that points differential from clearance goes for you this weekend.

We may have academy rorts, but we'll never top what Geelong's got going on. How's about the fringe ruck/forward becoming a designer for Cotton On, lol:

Cotton On and Geelong developer/property/construction companies are basically a front for their list cap laundering.

It’s a well oiled machine. Not even mad.

Funny thing is even with all of that going on Lingy basically went broke investing in some weird Geelong pier investment opportunity.

You should really factor in geelongs opposition since round 16. Easiest run of games by far. They have not yet come up against a midfield boasting McInerney, Berry, Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Ashcroft, Rayner. See how that points differential from clearance goes for you this weekend.

They did flog port and their midfield is very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotton On and Geelong developer/property/construction companies are basically a front for their list cap laundering.

It’s a well oiled machine. Not even mad.

Funny thing is even with all of that going on Lingy basically went broke investing in some weird Geelong pier investment opportunity.
Carlton had similar rorts for a long time. Probably still do. never helped them all that much

Carlton had similar rorts for a long time. Probably still do. never helped them all that much
Rorts + the best HGA plus finals HGA in the comp.

Plus being bloody well run for a long time, and marketing yourself effectively as a destination for players that want that kind of lifestyle. All credit to them, they deserve it.

I do think the 'rorts' (read off-field opportunities etc) still help the big clubs. Even when they have been bad Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and the Pies have never struggled to attract players.

Plus being bloody well run for a long time, and marketing yourself effectively as a destination for players that want that kind of lifestyle. All credit to them, they deserve it.

I do think the 'rorts' (read off-field opportunities etc) still help the big clubs. Even when they have been bad Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and the Pies have never struggled to attract players.
Yeah obviously I didn't mean it didn't help them get better players and build their fan base.

What I was more about was that it never really helped them on field success wise or building a better culture/development structure for the team.

I should say that I think Lester is a great guy and has been fantastic for us these past few years and is still playing decent footy, but for me Doedee would be an upgrade.
That's a massive call for a guy that has barely played in 2 years.

I'll wait and reserve judgement on Doedee (1) actually getting out on the park and playing a game; and (2) whether he can sustain and gets close to what he was.

Assuming he returns to anything like how he used to be is a big call let alone getting close to the standard Frog is at who was immense in the second half on Saturday.

And that's without mentioning the amazing job opportunities their partners are getting at prominent companies and in roles they'd only have dreamed but for their partner AFL player joining said big Vic club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back