Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s a thought - we haven’t seen it for a while, but is this the game where we swing Berry back inside and ask him to go head to head with Danger?
Probably not.
However, if a Geelong mid starts to dominate the game, then it is a chance.
That could be Holmes, Danger or another mid

I don’t mind this. I know Morris wasn’t great last week but with Conor as a sub it gives us immense versatility.

The way Conor came on on the weekend for Morris was great, it just immediately had an impact by opening up our forward line and suddenly our entries looked superb.
Might want to recheck the input you’ve used here mate lol

70k tickets already sold. They're expecting 90,000 on Saturday 🤯

Amazing the increase in general interest since the corresponding fixture pulled just 77,677 in 2022.

Mostly to do with the lack of finals in Victoria - in 2022 our prelim was the 5th VIC final, this year it’s only the 2nd.

The locals are hungry!

Also, Geelong had endured a decade of almost exclusively heartbreak in prelims, so perhaps a few thousand were a little jaded.

Will be a great experience for our lads… reckon we’ll get a good chunk of the neutral support, too.

Here’s a thought - we haven’t seen it for a while, but is this the game where we swing Berry back inside and ask him to go head to head with Danger?

Nah, I'd prefer Berry stopping Holmes on the wing. Dunkley can manage Danger.

Ashcroft / Neale / McCluggage to take on their mids and be creative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Geelong and make it to the GF, we would have played all 4 finals in 4 different kits (home, clash, away, home (GF badge) with white shorts).
The club will make a fortune selling all four as a kit if we win it!

How do we feel about potential wet weather on Saturday. Probably helps Geelong but I never felt we were bad in the wet.

Except for that last time we played Geelong. God we were bad that night.

Except for that last time we played Geelong. God we were bad that night.

Would much rather a clear night. Think our midfield have the capability to absolutely punish Geelongs mids on the outside. McCluggage, Ashcroft and Rayner all hurt in that regard.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1222789

Brisbane
The heat is on Cam Rayner to step up after another sub-par finals performance. After setting the game alight in the qualifying final, Rayner turned in a horror showing (eight touches, two clearances) against the Giants last week, not to mention the two final-quarter free kicks that could have cost the Lions victory. It was the same story last year, with the former No.1 pick starring for the Lions in the qualifying final before having next to no impact in the prelim and the Grand Final. The Lions desperately need Rayner to return to the career-best form that he showed throughout the season if they are any chance of progressing through to the big dance.
☝️

Could we put Lester as the sub? Someone might have to play tall but could give us some more run

I hope not. We look best defensively with Lester, Payne and Andrews helping each other out. Lester also had some critical plays against GWS, one in particular he moved up to a stoppage, got the clearance and kicked inside 50 which lead to a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back