Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, a good/interesting preview:

The goal kicking stats confirm that it isn't a training issue. If we're average on the tough ones but really bad on the easy ones, that won't be turned around from just training more

Do we go with >

Payne > Cameron
Andrews > Neale
Answerth > Stengle
Starcevich > O. Henry
Wilmot > Mannagh

If needed- Berry > Dangerfield

Or Lester to Cameron?

Overall team focus on Max Holmes and other runners.

The goal kicking stats confirm that it isn't a training issue. If we're average on the tough ones but really bad on the easy ones, that won't be turned around from just training more

Don't worry, belief has well and truly kicked in. We are about to do to Geelong what Elixuh does to Danster in the Rayner thread. 😎

Well it's obviously mental.

I suppose a lot of things are mental.

But just on the training thing whenever I've seen anyone train they practice hard shots and long shots but how often do you see them practice simple shots ? Never.

Perhaps that's worth thinking about.

Last edited:
Do we go with >

Payne > Cameron
Andrews > Neale
Answerth > Stengle
Starcevich > O. Henry
Wilmot > Mannagh

If needed- Berry > Dangerfield

Or Lester to Cameron?

Overall team focus on Max Holmes and other runners.
I would go Payne > Neale
Lester > Cameron (if its wet)
Andrews to third tall/intercepting role

It may just be me but I am feeling much better about this game than the Giants.

Cats have that impact though - you can easily underrate them on paper but just a very well oiled machine.

This is the prelim we can actually beat them in (unlike 20,22), and comfortably if we play well

Don't worry, belief has well and truly kicked in. We are about to do to Geelong what Elixuh does to Danster in the Rayner thread. 😎

We're going to become best friends with Geelong?

I would go Payne > Neale
Lester > Cameron (if its wet)
Andrews to third tall/intercepting role
Just had a look at the latest weather forecast for Melbourne, a bit of rain around tomorrow and early Saturday but only 2% chance of rain during game time.

It may just be me but I am feeling much better about this game than the Giants.

Cats have that impact though - you can easily underrate them on paper but just a very well oiled machine.

This is the prelim we can actually beat them in (unlike 20,22), and comfortably if we play well
Even given the gut buster last week and a few sore players this is the week we find out how good our current line up really is.

The MCG suits us better than Geelong provided it's dry. No excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping Zac Bailey can have an impact on the scoreboard Saturday night. Another big game on the MCG Zac!!!

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

So clever Scotty, so clever

Yep, no point.
And won't make one iota of difference anyhow as to how Scott plans for the game.
In any case, as long as the pain is controlled (which I'm sure it will be) I don't think it's the type of injury that will restrict Lachie. Certainly not in the way that Eric's is hampering him.

Wondering what they use to control the pain. Just the basic paracetamol/ibuprofen?

Wondering what they use to control the pain. Just the basic paracetamol/ibuprofen?

They give choc a placebo pill filled with sugar, he hasn't noticed yet

Quick google search gave this - I've never heard of it. Bet Lachie knows it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240919_184036_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240919_184036_Chrome.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 45
Just a couple of observations...

1. David King is a w***er.
2. How TF Matthew Lloyd's any sort of "expert" on anything is beyond me - I doubt he's ever had an original thought.
3. Watching the GWS replay, even knowing how good he was the during the telecast, Answerth was incredible that game with chase downs and pressure that doesn't rate a stat but he was so influential. If he does that again against Geelong their smalls will feel the heat.
4. Again the replay highlights how Bez just broke that 4th quarter apart... bloody hell he was good.

I like most thought GWS was going to be the toughest match but the Geelong hoodoo has me nervous. I like that we are underdogs, and that we don't have a great record against them... it screams of the Melbourne jinx and the boys set themselves to break that.

Fages moving the narrative quickly with the team was important I think, but inside these boys know that anything is possible now. They have won in just about every scenario now and until GWS coming back was always that lingering doubt.

Belief, confidence, energy. If you have made it this far in the season they are the X factors... we should rightly have all 3.

Heart says giving them a belting just because, head says 6 points and a trip the the ER for a defib. :tired:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes v Geelong (Preliminary Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back