Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

People suggesting Reidy for structure is wild to me

I'm assuming its not the people who are watching Peel

Voss playing Jackson's fwd role WAY closer to parity than Reidy playing Darcy's role...

Then add that Jackson playing Darcy's role is much better than Reidy playing Darcy's role.

Jackson >>>>>> Reidy and It's not even close

People suggesting Reidy for structure is wild to me

I'm assuming its not the people who are watching Peel

Voss playing Jackson's fwd role WAY closer to parity than Reidy playing Darcy's role...

Then add that Jackson playing Darcy's role is much better than Reidy playing Darcy's role.

Jackson >>>>>> Reidy and It's not even close

i think the point is Treacy would be playing jacksons role and we want Treacy playing Treacy role

i think the point is Treacy would be playing jacksons role and we want Treacy playing Treacy role
Correct we don’t want to lose Treacy from his 100% forward line role but then it comes down to what player makes our team better. In my opinion the team is better with Voss than Reidy. Likely only 1 week. We pick the team with the best chance for victory.

So for mine it is no brainer that Voss who has been tearing it up and has played a few games already in 2024. He has been emergency recently.

Treacy will still play forward though

We won't keep the same ruck split as Darcy/Dogga, Dogga will simply take more of the ruck, Treacy only needs to chop out 15-20%, the reason Dogga gets a larger ruck role is because he is a decent ruck (with a slight tinge of Darcy's current fitness)

Treacy chopping out in ruck is inconsequential in the scheme of things

Surely Walker comes straight back? It’s going to be perfect long sleeve weather.
I expected more long sleeves on Sat night :)

Saturday 13 July​

Summary
light-showers.png
Min -1Max 11Possible shower.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 40%
rain_40.gif

Launceston area​

Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers, most likely during the morning. Light winds.

Last edited:
Meek will destroy Jackson in the wrestle.

Rotation last night seemed to be Jackson in ruck/Treacy forward, then Jackson goes to bench while Treacy rucks, then Jackson comes back on and Treacy goes to the bench, then Jackson in the ruck/Treacy forward.

Jackson was there at least twice as long as Treacy, I'd also argue that Treacy is a better mark at the moment than Jackson - and one of our best field kicks.

What we lose forward I think will balance.

The size factor with Meek does make it a half interesting call, even if Jackson would run rings around him. But the big thing for me is how good Voss is rather than any sort of indictment on Reidy, who's plugging away at Peel nicely and probably deserves to go to an AFL club where he can actually compete for the ruck spot.

Voss, on the other hand, has been a different beast at WAFL (as well as having looked at the level despite some mistakes when he's played AFL). He's quicker and stronger than whoever he's matched up on, and he plays like he's hungry for it. With someone like that, I just want to see him hunt.

He ll have to play, if Draper is out.

Can’t see Davis doing the job. He’s just too raw/disorganised to have to take responsibility.

Voss must play if Darcy is out. Have to keep same structure. Obviously Treacy will be second ruck

You can’t play Pearce if he isn’t ready and Draper should be fine with a Corkie on a 7 day break

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss in for Darcy. Gonna be an awkward conversation if he bags 2 or 3 and plays well and Darcy is available next week. And other than probably Pearce for Draper (this week or next), it's not clear who comes out for Walker. I really like Sonny as the sub.

Good to have availability and genuine selection pressure.

Walters starts? The game has passed him by. The club needs to be planning more for how to give him a dignified exit than giving him more time on field in a match like we have this week.
He is still best 22. Therefore he will play.

It really isn't rocket science.

Treacy will still play forward though

We won't keep the same ruck split as Darcy/Dogga, Dogga will simply take more of the ruck, Treacy only needs to chop out 15-20%, the reason Dogga gets a larger ruck role is because he is a decent ruck (with a slight tinge of Darcy's current fitness)

Treacy chopping out in ruck is inconsequential in the scheme of things

Forgetting all the other slight role changes needed but Voss offers quite a bit to the team and would be playing in a lot of teams. He’s filled in for Darcy indirectly earlier this season and it’s gone quite well - Don’t see any reason to try anything else.

I think I counted one stint in the ruck for Treacy on Saturday evening. Darcy was subbed off at half time. It is only a slight role change for Treacy.

Personally I’d bring in Reidy. I think he’s worth a shot and of all the opposition rucks, Meek is an alright match up for him. And I mostly just want to keep Treacy forward.

But we’ve shown our selection hand already this year and it’ll be Voss in for Darcy. Which I’m perfectly fine with anyway.

If Draper doesn’t get up, in comes Davies. Like for like.

The interesting one is Walker. If fit, he comes back in. And like for like suggests either Wagner or Aish go out, even though they both played really well. I wouldn’t want to make the call there.

I think the fact we brought Walters straight back in after his injury pretty much rules out him making way.

At this stage we aren't going to bring in a player a long way off it just because they can contest some hitouts..
Exactly, our 2nd best ruck is already in the team, he needs to step up.

Take out all the ruck talk and Voss is absolutely banging the door down anyway.

Some minor adjustments get Voss into the side.

Exactly, our 2nd best ruck is already in the team, he needs to step up.

Take out all the ruck talk and Voss is absolutely banging the door down anyway.

Some minor adjustments get Voss into the side.
I said in the list management thread that depth is not players 23-30 but players 1-30. This is a pretty good example - Voss falls within players 23-30 and isn't a ruck but because we can move a player who's clearly best 22 into the ruck, we're able to use Voss rather than someone outside our best 30 players.

I'm sure Reidy comes in if Darcy and Jackson are both out. That's clearly part of the reason he's on our list. He might provide another option if one of the rucks is out but is behind Voss ATM.

Voss in for Darcy. Gonna be an awkward conversation if he bags 2 or 3 and plays well and Darcy is available next week. And other than probably Pearce for Draper (this week or next), it's not clear who comes out for Walker. I really like Sonny as the sub.

Good to have availability and genuine selection pressure.
Would love Voss to develop into a swing man who plays predominantly forward, but has the ability to cover a KPD post as needed. Good chance for that this week. If Walker isn't fit then Warner and Voss in... and possibly someone to cover for Banfield to find some form at Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back